- Text Size +
Chapter 4: New Mail

2007

---

From: Rose’sEdward
To: [...]
Subject: Update


This is Rose’sEdward, AKA “the boyfriend”. I know Rose promised not to spread your e-mail around, but 1 person is hardly ‘spreading it’. She’s away for school, so temporarily unavailable.

Of course this e-mail has a reason. (I would not just mail random stuff to strangers. What’s the point in that?)

Rose asked me to inform you on some stuff that has been going on around Twilight -Brilliant book-

But I forgot. Sorry. I will mail you as soon as I remember it.

The boyfriend.

---

Nick cursed. What was the point of that mail? Why would the dude send that e-mail if he had nothing useful to say? He wrote something about new information related to Twiligh. Why the hell would he do that if he forgot what it was?! Did he want Nick to die from anticipation?

---
From: […]
To: EdwardRoses
Subject: Grrr


I accuse you of making me wait with (unwanted) anticipation.

Nick.

----

The mail he received wasn’t exactly one he had expected. On the contrary, it rather scared Nick.

---

From: EdwardRoses
To: […]
Subject: None


Ooh, me like *wink*

---

Nick checked the mail address and hit himself in the head. “Not again!”

He quickly deleted the mail and reopened the mail from ‘the boyfriend’. “Next time, hit reply!” He gritted through his teeth. That mail had been awful, even more horrifying than the one that had accused him for being gay many years ago. He shuddered thinking back of the mail he just got seconds ago. “Never again.”

---
From: […]
To: Rose’sEdward
Subject: Sigh



Thanks for notifying me though. I’ll be waiting for more information. (By the way, you guys have difficult and easily-typed-wrong names)

Nick.

----

Nick tiredly rubbed his eyes after he hit the ‘send’ button. He wanted to know what was happening around Twilight. Desperately. This suddenly made him think of the sequel New Moon. He hadn’t had the chance to read it yet, let alone buy!

He groaned when he glanced at the clock. It was too late to go out now. Tomorrow then, he thought.

“If the dude doesn’t remember, then I should check the author’s site!” Nick quickly typed in the URL that Rose had once sent him. He clicked on ‘Twilight’ and was directed to an other page. “Outtakes!” He exclaimed. “Definitely gotta check that one out.” He muttered to himself. For convenient matters he bookmarked the page.

“Hey, awesome! ‘Cullen cars!’ Nick’s eyes grew huge. Now he could finally visualize the cars that the Cullen family owned. They loved fast cars. Nick clicked a few random buttons and came to a new page.

“Holy crap! That is one heck of a car! Wait, it’s featured in New Moon?” Nick frowned. It had to be, he hadn’t read anything about that beauty in Twilight. “Screw this. I’m going to get that book right now. There has got to be a store open this late.”

He quickly closed his laptop and scrambled away to get his shoes. He was about to leave the house when someone called out his name.

“Aaah!” Nick yelled. What the hell?

There, standing in the hall (in his pyjamas which had pink bunnies on them) was AJ.

“Don’t scare me like that! And what are you doing in my house J?” How did he even get in?

“Did you hit your head or something?” AJ looked at Nick as if he was crazy.

"Oh, right." Nick nodded. "Convenient for recording, bla bla bla. I bet you're just crashing here because it's cheaper than a hotel."

"Of course it's cheaper. You don't get roomservice in here." AJ rolled his eyes.
"Where are you going anyway? It's almost twelve." AJ commented, taking Nick's appearance in.

"Errands." Was all Nick said, and he turned to leave.

"Hey wait!" AJ said. "I want to come too."

Nick frowned, "Why?" If AJ knew what kind of 'errand' Nick had to run he'd never hear the end of this.

"Just hang on for a sec, let me change." AJ made to walk up the huge staircase but Nick stopped him.

"I will not wait. Just go in your jammies."

"But that would be embaressing."

"Then you shouldn't have bought them." Nick said. "Hurry up!" He needed New Moon right now.

"They're cute."

"Just go J." Nick sighed. He locked the door behind them.

Nick drove in silence while AJ was humming some sort of song.

"Kind of catchy, who's the singer?" Nick commented.

"I don't know. Some Asian dude on Youtube. Funny song. It's about Youtube." AJ laughed. "It's called the 'You tube' love song or something."

"What's Youtube?" Nick asked. He drove to the nearest 24 hours open convenience store. If he was lucky, they'd sell books.

"You've never heard of it? Strange considering you're on your laptop every time. What do you do on that thing anyways?"

"Just checking some sites,"(which are Harry Potter related)Like Nick would tell AJ. "Mail and stuff."

AJ glanced at Nick. "It's just a site where people post a lot of videos. You can find almost anything! There are loads of stuff from us on there too. Pretty darn cool, if I say so myself."

Nick just nodded. He didn't really pay attention to what AJ had just said. He was too nervous to let what AJ had said before sink in.


_______


They got home after 2 hours. Nick (grumpily) empty handed and AJ, contently, with a new set of jammies. (This one had Snoopy on them)

"Your new obsession is getting to your head J."(look who's talking) Nick said, referring to AJ's new pyjamas.

"Just 'cause you didn't find what you were searching for doesn't mean that you can take your frustrations out on me." AJ retorted.

"Whatever. I'm going to bed." Nick stalked upstaris, but he couldn't fall asleep. (He'd even counted sheeps.)

Eventually he decided to go on his laptop again. He entered Stephenie Meyer's URL in again but this time clicked on 'New Moon'.

"What?! The first chapter is available online?" He quickly clicked on the link. Unfortunately though, his laptop couldn't read the PDFfile. "Why me! Why me!" Nick wailed to no one in particular. "Stupid non-PDFfile-reader-laptop!" He shouted. Out of anger and disappointment he shut his laptop and went to sleep (bummed).

_________________

To be continued