- Text Size +
Chapter 5: Search

Nick awoke the next day in a hurry. He'd overslept, and it was already noon. He jumped out of his bed and continued to get ready for the day. After he got dressed and had brushed his teeth, he descended the stairs to find AJ standing in the kitchen, cooking. "Smells good, what are you making?"

"Your breakfast." AJ replied. "You wouldn't wake up, I tried everything, I even jumped on your bed."

"You did?" Nick questioned. He wondered why he hadn't woke up. After all, he did want to buy that book today. "Can I ask you a question J?"

"Sure," AJ replied, he took a plate out of the cupboard and filled it with the scrambled egg he'd just prepared. Taking 2 pieces of toast and putting it on the plate, he put it down in front of Nick.

"Thanks!" Nick picked up his fork and started on his breakfast. "Well, you know a lot about computers right?" Nick said with his mouth full.

"I wouldn't say that but I know some stuff," AJ poured in some Jus D'orange in for Nick.

"Well, my laptop can't read PDF-files, whatever those are, so I was wondering if there was some kind of programme to fix that problem, y'know?" He took a big gulp orange juice.

"PDF-files eh?" AJ nodded, "Yeah, you can download it for free on the net. "Acrobat Reader or something like that."

Nick nodded, "Thanks a lot. Ya know, you'd make a great housewife." He grinned.

"Shut up or I'll stop feeding you."

"Okay-okay!" Nick said, his hands shooting upwards as if he was held under shot. "You sure as hell are a lot better at cooking than Kev." Nick chuckled.

"You live in the past that was 10 years ago." But AJ smiled nonetheless.

"Yeah, but he still managed to burn water."

After Nick had finished his breakfast, he grabbed his keys and coat and asked AJ along. AJ declined, saying that he already had plans. So, Nick was now on his way to the bookstore.

He entered the first one, with crossed fingers, and walked up to the counter. A middle-aged lady with grey streaks in her brown hair warmly smiled at him, “Excuse me, but you wouldn’t have the New Moon book by Stephenie Meyer by any chance, do you?” ‘Please do, please do’ Nick chanted in his head.

“An avid reader? That’s wonderful! Of course I have that book!”
Nick’s eyes lit up.

“But unfortunately, we ran out.” The woman said. “We ordered some new ones, it’ll arrive in a week or two.”

“Really? This sucks.” Nick complained.

“Language, young man.” The woman scolded.

“Sorry,” Nick muttered, “Well thanks anyway. I’ll look further.”

The woman nodded, “Please visit again!”

Nick left the store feeling shot down. What a disappointment. The book he’d longed for was nowhere to be found. Another bookshop caught his eye and Nick decided to try his luck again. Maybe this bookstore had what he was yearning for.

This time there was an old man behind the counter. His face looked tired, but his eyes were full of life.
Nick walked up to the counter and asked for New Moon.

The man smiled, “You’re lucky, we have one last copy left. A horde of girls came in yesterday and bought 10 books! But are you sure that you want to buy this book?”

Nick frowned, “What do you mean?”

“Oh, didn’t you know yet? I myself am a big fan of Mrs. Meyer’s work and check her site regularly. There will be a New Moon Special Edition coming out May fifth, which will also feature the first chapter of the third book in the series, Eclipse. “

“Really?” Nick contemplated his choices, buy New Moon now and when the new edition comes out buy that one too, or wait for the new edition. Hmm, this was hard. “I’ll buy New Moon anyway,” He told the man. Nick didn’t think that he could wait 2 months for that new edition to come out. He was too curious.

After he’d purchased his book, he exited the store with a big smile on his face. He got it! Now he had to hurry home and get started on this book. He didn’t know what to expect from the book, only that it was going to be good.

When Nick entered his house, he found that AJ was nowhere to be seen. Shrugging, Nick quickly sat behind his laptop to check his mail, before starting on his book. He gauged the thickness of it, “Probably going to take me hours.”
To his surprise, Nick had indeed received a new e-mail.

---
From: Rose’sEdward
To: […]
Subject: I remember!


I finally remembered what I was supposed to tell you (actually Rose told me through the phone).

Twilight might be made into a film! Exciting right? Although, I do kind of hope that they’ll use some of the characters that Stephenie Meyer thinks will suit the part look-wise.

Also, Rose reminded me about something. She is not sure if you’re aware that the first chapter of Midnight Sun, Twilight told in Edward’s point of view, can be found on Stephenie’s site. A rather interesting view, you should check it out.

More news concerning the Twilight series, there’ll be a New Moon Special Edition which will include cool stuff. Unfortunately, it’s not available outside the US. We might be able to order it online though.

I guess this is it. Rose will be back the day after tomorrow, so she’ll be able to tell you more.

The boyfriend.

Ps. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will premiere on the 13th of July. The seventh book will be released on the 21st of July.

---

That’s right, Nick thought. “Harry Potter. I still remember the sixth book. I wonder who that RAB person is. It’ll be clarified soon I guess, in 5 or so months.”

Nick typed up a fast reply

---

From: […]
To: Rose’sEdward
Subject: None


Hey, thank you for the update! I hope to receive some new mail soon.

Nick.

---

And with that Nick picked up his newly bought book and opened it, anticipating on what was laying ahead for Bella Swan, the protagonist.

_______________________________________

To be continued...