- Text Size +
“It’s getting closer, it’s getting clo-suhr,” Nick chanted, dancing slightly. It was already June, there was only one month left before the movie and the book. All related to Harry Potter of course.

Meanwhile Howie and AJ were sitting in Nick’s living room, they both heard him quite clear.

“He’s going nuts, I’m telling ya.” AJ shook his head. Ever since Nick finished New Moon he’d been fuming over a Jacob Black and for a period of time, looked very very upset. AJ could even hear Nick in his room sometimes saying ‘Edward left, Edward left’ like he was in some trance. And other times ‘if you don’t come back Edward, I’ll kill you!’. (Which was of course impossible, AJ knew, because Nick was only a mere mortal. Not to mention the horde of fan girls that would probably murder him if he did manage to kill Edward Cullen.) The line ‘Look what you’ve done to Bella’ wasn’t uncommon either.

“At least he hasn’t got an obsession for pyjamas,” Howie distinctively muttered.

“What?” There was a slight growl in his voice. AJ’s snapped towards Howie.

Howie’s eyes widened, “N-nothing,” he stammered, “Erm, it’s good that he does something he’s excited about. Reading is good.”

There was a loud crash suddenly coming from upstairs. And a lot of stumbling.

“Bloody hell!” They heard Nick curse (in an awful, awful British accent)

AJ raised an eyebrow, a disbelieving look on his face and looked at Howie, “‘Bloody hell’? What is he British?”

“Well, I did hear him say ‘bollocks’ the other day,” Howie whispered.

“What the hell does that mean?” AJ exclaimed, his arms wailing around.

Howie shrugged, “I looked it up though, it said balls.”

Balls? Does he know?” AJ chuckled loudly.

“But I also read that it could be meant as bullshit or nonsense. The word is often used figuratively.” Howie recited from the page where he got the information from. (Which was the handy online free encyclopaedia.)

AJ groaned, “I can’t believe he got into that Harry Potter thing again. It gets annoying man. Did you know that he listens to the soundtrack before he goes to sleep?!” AJ said, shaking his head.

“When did he got into those books anyway?” Howie wondered.

“It was in 2000, we just got back from our trip to London,” AJ replied. Howie gave him a questioning look. “I remembered it because it was the first time that I saw him reading something other than a comic book.” He shrugged.

Howie nodded. “That makes sense, it is an odd picture.”

“I wonder who got him hooked.” AJ said to no one in particular.

Nick then came running down the stairs, like an excited little child at Christmas. “J! Howie!” He panted, sliding on his socks to the living room.
Both AJ and Howie looked at him questioningly. “What is it?” AJ asked.

“Are we doing something this summer?” Nick asked.

AJ looked at Howie, “I don’t know. We might do some promotion for the new album…” He trailed off.

“Can we go to London? Can we? Can we?” Nick pleaded.

“London? Why?” AJ asked suspiciously. Surely this had everything to do with the books that Nick had read.

“I really want to go to the premiere of Harry Potter. Please?” Nick begged.

“The premiere?” Howie asked, “But those are really hard to get into.”

“I won this contest, I got 2 tickets, and I really want to go.” Nick pouted.

“2 tickets eh? Who are you bringing with you?” AJ said.

Nick shrugged, “I don’t know, which one of you wants to come along?”

Both Howie and AJ looked very uncomfortable right then. “Actually, Nicky, I don’t think Harry Potter is something that I’d enjoy.” Howie said apologetically.

“Me neither buddy.” AJ said. “You should ask Brian.”

Nick nodded, “So we’re going then? Brilliant!” Nick exclaimed. “I’m going to call Bri now. Catch you guys later, oh and J, your turn to make supper.”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.” AJ waved his hand.

--------------------------

“I am so excited!” Nick smiled broadly when they settled in the plane. It was the 25th of June today and he was thoroughly excited. In a few hours he’d be back in London. He hoped that Rose still worked in the same bookshop he’d visited 7 years ago, for he wanted to thank her in person for what she’d given him. Books to read!

When they finally arrived in the United Kingdom, Nick and the rest of the band checked in at the hotel they would be staying at for 10 days.

“Nick, your bag,” AJ huffed, dragging the extremely heavy bag along. “What did you stuff in here? Stones?” The bag was practically bulging out.

“Those are my books, thank you very much.” Nick said offended, taking the bag from AJ.

When Nick went to sleep that night, he told himself that tomorrow, he’d visit Rose the next day. With that he fell into a deep slumber, dreaming of Harry, Bella, Edward and himself.

____________________

To be continued...