- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I just saw the new Harry Potter movie, it was awesome =D
“JAAAAY!” The shouting was followed by loud banging on the door.

AJ tiredly got out of his bed and opened the door to his room. “What.” He said annoyed. For he was sleeping peacefully before Nick woke him up.

“I have a question.” Nick smiled sheepishly. “I was making macaroni-”

“What? You were making macaroni?” AJ cut him off. “Why would you do that? We’re in a hotel.”

Nick just waved AJ’s comment away, “So I was making macaroni right, and I saw this red thing in it.”

AJ gave Nick an odd look. “You saw something red in it.”

“Yeah,” Nick agreed absentmindedly. “I don’t know what it is. At first I thought it was skin…”

AJ’s eyes practically bulged out of its sockets. “Skin..” He repeated aghast.

“And then I thought it was cheese or something,” Nick continued, ignoring AJ’s expressions. “But anyway, should I eat it or not? I’m really hungry. And it’s the last box…” Nick trailed off. He was now looking at AJ.

“Why, why are you asking me?” AJ said, blinking several times. This was too random.

“Because you have experience with cooking.” Nick replied, finding nothing abnormal about the question he had just asked his band mate.

“I’m sorry Nick.” AJ said, yawning. “This is too much for me to comprehend. Maybe you should ask Brian. He loves mac and cheese. I’m going back to bed.” And AJ shut the door, walking back to his comfortable bed and let himself fall on it.

“Ah man,” Nick whined. “I’m really hungry.” He walked back to his hotel room. “Maybe I should eat it anyway. If I get sick, I’ll sue the macaroni company.” And with that he went to prepare his macaroni.

_________________

“Where are you going Nick?” Howie asked. They were all sitting in Nick’s room. Nick had just put his shoes on and was now in the process of zipping up his coat. The weather didn’t look all too good.

“Bloody rain.” Nick muttered, complaining.

“Why didn’t we just stay in the States?” AJ complained. “You do know that they’ll show the Harry Potter movie there too, right?”

Nick nodded, “Of course I know that. I just wanted to go to the London Premiere. Plus I’ve got tickets. I can’t wait! The third of July is coming up soon.”

“Where are you going now?” Howie repeated his question.

“Do you know the game console that I’ve wanted for so long?”

“The Wii? I thought that one was new,” AJ remarked.

“It’s been a few months.” I think, Nick added. “Anyways, the fifth Harry Potter game got released and I want to purchase the Wii and that game.” This is so cool! It’ll be like I’m really walking in Hogwarts".

“Ah hell no,” AJ shook his head. “Do you know how expensive that is? Not only the console, but the game too you know. Geez, might as well dump your wallet in the gutter.”

Nick sulked, “But, it’s the Wii, everyone owns it.

AJ scoffed, “Yeah right, as if everyone has like 300 dollars to spend on a console. You recently bought a DS Lite, don’t you think that’s enough for a while? Maybe there’s a Harry Potter game for that device.”

“There are, I think, but I don’t want to buy it for my DS Lite, do you know how small those screens are? I want to enjoy the Harry Potter game to the fullest.”

AJ sighed, “Look Nick, I can’t stop you from buying all that, but I’m just saying that you should spent your money wisely. What’s the use of that, when you have 3 play stations at home, 2 xbox’s, a PSP and a Nintendo DS Lite with numerous of games. Not to mention those gameboys you used to own until you gave them to Bailey.”

“Actually, I didn’t buy any of those save the DS Lite and the first Playstation. You’ve gotta love freebees.” Nick smiled.

“How about, if you promise to sell them all and I’ll stop bugging you about the Wii.” AJ proposed.

“Sell them all?” Nick looked reluctant. He didn’t want to sell the DS, the PSP or his first Playstation. He told AJ that.

“Fine, but you have to sell the rest and their games. Alright?”

“Yeah.” Nick breathed. He had to admit, he felt better about the fact that AJ would approve if he sold his old stuff. Less crap, yay!

“Nick, are you still leaving? I thought that you would sell all your stuff first?” Howie commented.

“Well, yeah, but I still have something to do.”

“Should one of us come? Y’know to drive the rental car?” Howie suggested. Right then a blue-ish flash could be seen, and no more than a few seconds later, a huge thunder could be heard.

Nick shuddered, quickly kicking his shoes off. “Looks like I’m not going anywhere at all.”

“Yeah, it’s probably safer if you stay inside with this kind of weather.” Brian said.

“I agree. I’m going to watch television,” Nick said reaching for the remote.

“Nick!” They all shouted.

“Are you nuts or something?!” AJ shouted. “Do you not know how dangerous it is to use electricity when a storm this close is raging? You could die?”

“What? That’s ridiculous.” Nick shot AJ an odd look. Telling him that he was mental.

“That thing could explode right in your face.”

“Really?” Nick’s eyes grew huge. He never knew that. Hmm, maybe that explained the time when his TV broke down during a storm. Smoke was coming out of the darn thing. “What about my DS Lite, can I still play on my Nintendo?” Nick queried.

“I guess you can still play with that, as long as you don’t plug it in somewhere, like a socket.” Brian said.

“Cool! GUILT-virus here I come!” Nick hollered. He was referring to one of his favourite games: Trauma Center: Under The Knife. “Who wants to see me beat that disease’s bum?”

“I’ll watch!” AJ said, “Storms bore me.”
____

July the third

"Brian! Hurry up or else we're going to be late!" Nick bellowed.

"Nick. Calm. Down." Brian said, breathing in and out slowly, to show Nick.

"I can't help it! I'm really excited!" Nick smiled. He felt like a small child all over again.

Brian laughed, "I know buddy." Brian grabbed the keys to the rental car. "Let's go, we're only, oh I don't know 4 hours too early."

When they arrived, there was already a mass line of Harry Potter fans waiting with loads of signs. A lot of them were even dressed up like one off the characters. Everyone was shouting and smiling.

The feel was amazing. Nick smiled broadly. "Oh my god." He couldn't believe it. "Oh. My. God. It's Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson!" Nick pointed to the trio who were standing there, greeting the fans.

"Let's meet them!" Nick grabbed Brian by his coat and dragged him along.

~~~~
This is so surreal. I got to meet the trio. This is so surreal."

"It's a great feeling isn't it?" Brian said.

"Totally!"
~~~~
"Ooh, food." Nick said. "I want some popcorn."

"Go get some then, I'll wait over here."
~~~~
"I saw them again!"

"Good for you Nick. That's great."
~~~~
"Hey, the fans are still waiting outside."

"Yeah, not all of them can go in. Too bad."
~~~~

“The movie was awesome!” Nick exclaimed as they walked out of the theatre. Hordes of Harry Potter fans were still standing outside, waiting for the actors to emerge. Hoping to catch a glance.

Brian nodded, “That was really impressive. I really liked those computer graphics. Amazing, it looked very real.” Brian shuddered, “That Voldie dude is giving me the creeps. Really freaky.”

Nick agreed. “Yeah, he’s a real piece of work.”

Both Backstreet Boys took a deep breath of fresh cold air, and walked to their rental car. Brian took a seat behind the wheel, because Nick was still spooked by the way British people ‘drive the wrong way’.

“I don’t really got the part at the ending, y’know?” Brian said to Nick, his gaze on the road.

“Oh, you mean the part where…-,” Nick started.

“Exactly. That part. It was really confusing, and seeing Harry’s reaction. Must’ve been something rather important.” Brian noted.

“It was. I guess you’d understand it better if you’ve read the actual books. I’m still kind of sad that they couldn’t have made the movie longer. I would have loved to see more stuff.” Nick partially sulked. He was still very happy that he’d gotten to see the movie, but now the show was over, he sort of missed it. Ah hell, he was going to another show when he got back to the States anyway.
___

“How was the movie guys?” AJ asked when Brian and Nick returned. They’d all cooped up in Howie’s room.

“It was awesome!” Nick grinned.

“Yeah, loads better than I’d expected,” Brian followed.

“Really, it was that good?” Howie asked, intrigued.

“Of course!” Nick claimed. “It wouldn’t have such a following if it sucked, you know.”

“I guess you’re right Nicky,” Howie said, patting Nick’s shoulder. “Maybe I should go see it once.”

“You should.” Nick nodded. “I definitely recommend it. I just love Harry Potter. Wait, that didn’t come out right. I just love the series and everything related, not the person itself. I mean, Harry’s a great kid and all but..” Nick blabbed.

“We get the point Nick.” AJ stopped him.

“Ah, it was still an awesome movie. I wouldn’t mind seeing it once again,” Nick smiled. The smile freaked the rest of the band members a bit out, but they knew Nick. He was just like that. Really enthusiastic.

__

When Nick went to bed that night, he’d realised that he hadn’t visited Rose. They only had 2 days left in London, and then he’d be back in the States. ‘This time you mustn’t forget to visit her Nick’, he told himself. Tomorrow, I promise. After that, he closed his eyes and made himself relax. He was still full of excitement over the movie, but knew that he was too tired to stay up. His breathing became more steady and he slowly slipped away - hoping to dream about Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

_____________________________

To Be Continued...