- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Have you read the seventh book yet? I finished it on the 22nd, personal record, yay! ^^ Love it
“Hey Nick, I’m going to the supermarket, wanna come along?” AJ asked, grabbing his coat and keys.

“Uhm..” Nick diverted his attention from his DS Lite. Finally he had beaten the Triti (which was really hard because he did not know how they would regenerate). He quickly glanced at his watch, it was 10 AM. He could go with AJ and then visit the bookshop he’d visited 7 years ago. “Sure, wait up.”

When they entered the huge supermarket, AJ grabbed a trolly and proceeded along the aisle.

“What are you going to buy?” Nick asked.

“Some bread and cheese, we need food. We’ll be leaving tomorrow, so nothing fancy.” AJ replied, grabbing 2 loafs of bread.

Nick nodded. He’d forgotten that they’d leave tomorrow. It would be 2 more weeks until the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. He was insanely curious about how it all was going to end. When Nick came out his thoughts, he realised that he was standing in the aisle where they displayed magazines. A particular one caught his eye. It had Harry Potter on its cover. It read:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix preview and mega posters inside! Exclusive interview with Dan, Emma and Rupert!

“I definitely have got to buy this one.” Nick murmured to himself. Grabbing the magazine off of the shelf, he noticed, right at the bottom, a Harry Potter personal organizer. “Hmm, definitely need that one for all my work schedules…” And so he picked that particular piece too.

He met up with AJ at the cash register. He put down the articles down when the cashier started to ring up AJ’s items.

“That’ll be 20 pounds sir.” The cashier said.

AJ looked surprised. After he’d paid for his groceries he looked at Nick, with a questioning look. “What did you put in?” He said, examining the contents of the bag.

“Oh just a few things…” Nick said, diverting his eyes.

“You could’ve warned me, y’know.” AJ commented. “I was about to have a heart attack, I mean, I just got some bread and cheese. How the hell could that have add up to 20 pounds?”

“Sorry. I’ll pay you back.”

“No, that’s alright Nick.”

“Thanks Jay!”

0x0x0x

When it was 2 o’clock that day, Nick told his band mates that he was going to visit an old buddy. After he closed the door behind him, all the remaining Backstreet Boys, who were all cooped up in Nick’s room, decided to follow him.

“Ten bucks says he’s going to that person he’d visited 7 years ago,” AJ whispered, when they were trailing behind Nick, making sure that he wouldn’t notice them. “Y’know the one who got him like this. Obsessive over Harry Potter and vampires.”

“Deal,” said Brian. “I think he’s going to buy that game for the Wii.”

Nick whistled softly, spinning the keys of his hotel room around his index finger. If he recalled correctly, the bookshop couldn’t be too far from here.

“Stop bumping against me,” AJ complained as Brian accidentally tripped over some uneven ground for the fifth time.

“Sorry,” He apologised, backtracking a little bit.

“You guys, we lost sight of him,” Howie said, interrupting the bantering between AJ and Brian.

“How could that be possible? He was just there!” AJ exclaimed.

Brian looked around, trying to catch a glimpse of the blond Backstreet Boy. “Let’s split up. Search every game- and bookstore that you can find. We’ll catch up eventually. Call if anyone sees him.”

“Alright,” Howie said. The three Backstreet Boys parted their ways.
_______

AJ thought saw a glimpse of blond ahead of him, so he followed the person. He couldn’t see very clear as to who it exactly was. There were too many bystanders shopping, and the person walked rather fast. ‘Hmm, could be Nick… if he’s going to that bookstore then he definitely is rushing. But on the other hand, this is Nick. Nick who, even though might like sports, is not in his best shape right now and could be as slow as a turtle…’. AJ contemplated long on following the person or not, and by the time he looked up, the person had disappeared among the mass.

_______

“Nick!” Brian called out. He assumed that it was Nick anyway. The coat looked similar to the one Nick was wearing. Alas, the guy did not turn around, so it probably wasn’t Nick. Brian suddenly regretted his cry for Nick. They were supposed to follow Nick, not make themselves known. He kept his mouth shut tight and peered around looking for Nick.

_______

Meanwhile, Howie was also looking for a certain Nick Carter. “If I were Nick, where would I be.” Taking into consideration that Nick was currently very obsessed with Harry Potter, Howie decided that he should try his luck in the bookshops. He entered the first one, which was practically empty. There were no customers whatsoever, and there appeared to be no cashier behind the cash register. The shelves were stacked full of books. Judging by the dust covering some books, he assumed that this one was not very successful.

Quickly exiting the store he headed for the next one.
_________________

Nick scratched the back of his head, messing up his dirty blond hair even more. He looked thoroughly confused. He could’ve sworn that the bookstore was around here somewhere. Yet, everywhere he looked, he couldn’t seem to find it.

The appearance of the store 7 years ago was very fitting. It was an old building, with a green door and brown-coloured frames. The atmosphere was nice, and the interior looked almost antique. He turned around once more and glanced quickly at the row of shops standing next to each other. There! Finally he located the bookstore. Nick, even though he thought it was strange he couldn’t see it the first time he looked, thought nothing special of it. He probably just overlooked it.

He walked up to the door, and opened it.

___________________

“Did you find him yet?” AJ asked Brian.

Brian shook his head, “Not a clue. Though I did notice a lot of blond males walking around here, looking a lot like Nick.”

“Yeah,” AJ agreed. They both turned to Howie. “You didn’t see him either, did ya.”

Howie shook his head solemnly. “I’ve looked in almost every single shop. Couldn’t find a thing.”

The three Backstreet Boys were standing in the middle, on a big stone square surrounded by numerous of different shops. Looking at a loss, for not being able to find their band mate.

“Hey, what’s that there?” AJ said, pointing ahead of him. The other two followed with their eyes where he was pointing at. “He could be in there, couldn’t he. I mean look at it, it’s display is Harry Potter themed. He’s got to be in there.” AJ said confidently.

“Let’s go!” Brian said, running forwards, waving the other two to come along.

“Wait up!”
_______________________

To Be Continued...