- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry about leaving everyone hanging! I seriously had to go to work and I just wanted to see what the response would be... didn't expect this! Thank you, and here's the rest of chapter one.
"This is such bullshit," Holly seethed, throwing his picture onto the floor. Glass shattered but she could have cared less as she walked to their dresser. Grabbing all her hands could hold, she threw clothes onto the large bed. His clothes. The scent of him made her stomach churn as she continued to clear through the heavy oak furniture until only her things were left. Then it was time for the closet. Soon the bed was overflowing with his clothes and miscellanious items. "No more lies, no more nights alone... no more smelling that... other girl..."

Holly's blood began to boil at the thought of the 'other girl' who had begun to take all his love and attention from her. She was the reason for the excuses and the lies. She could have him, now.

Everyone had warned her about him. His wild ways. How all the women seemed to love him. But Holly thought she could break that hurtful pattern. So she could be the first to tame the flirtatious man. Oh, how wrong she truly was. Now she was packing his things and throwing him out of the home they had created. It was for the best. At least that's what people kept telling her as she agnoized over the decision for weeks before making a final decision.

"Baby? I'm home!" His voice interrupted her tumble of thoughts. She stood up straight, her eyes wide at the inevitable confrontation. She could hear each footstep as he climbed the stairs. Her heart jumped up to her throat, nearly choking her as he reached their bedroom. "...Baby? What's going on?"

Holly couldn't seem to find her voice. Nothing could come out as she looked into his sapphire eyes. She turned away, hoping to buy some time as she continued to pack for him.

"What's going on?" He repeated, grasping her arm. She gasped as he spun her easily so their eyes locked.

"Y-You have to leave," She barely whispered.

"Excuse me?"

"You have to leave. I... I can't take this anymore. The lies, the excuses... the lipstick on your shirts. No more. I can't be with you, Nick."

"Holly, I--"

"Don't try to deny it. My friends have seen you with her. Do you know how embarassing that is? To know that I can't keep my fiancee satisfied at home, so he has to go and find it with random girls? Do you know how much that hurts?" Tears brimmed against her blue-gray eyes and fell down her pale cheeks.

"I--" Nick was about to defend himself when he realized they could break it off cleanly. He could date anyone he wanted to without having to worry about someone at home. Freedom. His eyes darkened and a cruel smirk curled to his lips. "I could care less how much it hurts."

"Wh-What? What are you saying?"

"Are you deaf? I don't give two shits about how you're feeling. Didn't anyone warn you about me?" Holly's mouth opened but he continued. "I'm sure they did. You knew what you were getting into. This ain't no one's fault but your own."

"Then why the Hell did you propose to me?!" She suddenly burst, ripping his ring off her left digit.

"Back-up," Nick shrugged. More tears seemed to fall down her face, yet he didn't even feel a pang of guilt. "You were just a fuck when my other girls were busy. You gave me attention I needed when I needed it."

"You fucking bastard!" Holly threw the ring in his face, her fist quickly following to land directly into his jaw. She actually grinned as she heard the crunch of teeth, knowing she hit home.

"My jaw!" Nick held both his hands over his mouth, blood pouring between his fingers and onto the carpet. "You broke my fucking JAW!"

"You know what hurts more? A fucking broken heart," Holly spat as he fell to his knees. She turned around and ran out of the room. Before she knew it, she was outside with carkeys in hand right next to Nick's precious baby. His 2007 Durango. She looked back at the house she had tried and failed to turn into their house. "Good-bye, Nick."