- Text Size +

Later that night, Anita curled up on the sofa. She was already used to the guys always being around her, but tonight, she felt just fine being alone. There was no way she would go to a club anytime soon. She just didn’t feel comfortable enough yet. Plus she didn’t want to have to watch Emmy all over Nick, it really made her mad.This sucks, it’s like I think about him more, now that I have him close to me. Why can’t I just forget him and fall for AJ…since Howie is obviously taken. She let out a groan, switching on the TV, and she began to channel surf.

There wasn’t much to do, while moving from state to state and hotel to hotel. She couldn’t understand how the guys, even got used, to such a thing. Then again, it was way better, than being in Hollywood alone, or worse, back home in her cramped up trailer. Although, she had to admit, that she wondered how her mom and sister were doing, it had been a while since she had even spoken to them.

I might have AJ go back home with me, just to check up on them. It’s not like Nick would even bother going. She got up to retrieve a wet cloth, to calm the headache, she had caught at the rather rough football game. Plopping herself back on the couch, she nestled the cold towl on her forehead, with a groan.

“Uncle Nick…is Emmy your girlfriend?” Baylee’s blue eyes, pierced Nick’s with wonder.

Nick cleared his throat, he had to remind himself, not to let Baylee hang out with, his uncle AJ anymore. “No, she’s my friend, just like your mom, Kristen, Leigh…and Anita.” he paused for a second, before saying the last name on his list.

Baylee snickered, “I think Anita is nicer..."

“Why is that little man? You know what, never mind…what do you know about girls?” Nick played with the small child’s hair.

He let out a giggle, as he playfully shoved his uncle, “I know…uncle AJ says that girls smell good, and they are purrdy. Anita is purrdy…don’t you think?”

Nick had to let out a sigh, he had no clue as to how Anita, had become the topic of the night, with a six year old. “Yeah, I guess she is…rather beautiful.”

“I want water!” Baylee looked up at Nick, with puppy eyes.

Nick chuckled “Ok, you don’t have to use the theatrics, little man. We are almost back to the room.” they walked down the hall towards their room. He swiped the card key, and opened the door.

She was slowly starting to doze off, when the door came crashing open. The sound startled her, and she came rolling onto the floor. “Shit”

“Uh…are you alright?” Nick struggled to keep his snickers, under control. His eyes locked with hers as he gave her a hand. “I didn’t remember you were here. Are you alright?” he said, walking to the kitchenette to get Baylee, a bottle of water.

Putting herself back together, she sat back down “No…yeah, I’m fine. I just…you scared the crap out of me.”

“Anita!” Baylee squealed running and diving into her open arms.

She tussled his curls “Hey my little noodle head. How are you doing?” she grinned widely, she found the kid adorable.

He giggled as she poked his ribs playfully “I’m good…thirsty!”

“Here you go, now you know that your dad, said no more TV tonight. It’s bedtime.” Nick handed him the open bottle of water, and stood waiting for him to drink.

With a groan the young child, took a long drink of water “Yes…I know!” he mumbled, letting out a sigh, he kissed Anita on the cheek “Good night Anita…” then trudged to Nick’s room.

Just as they were about to speak, there was a persistent knock on the door. The twosome looked at each other and Nick spoke up “Are you expecting someone?” he made way towards the door “A date maybe?” he smirked.

“Ha…ha…very funny! No! How about you?” she raised a brow and watched, as he opened the door.

“I knew I would find you here…I went to the club and was surprised that you weren’t there…” Emmy trailed off, as her head cocked to the side, and got a glimpse of Anita standing there, with a scowl on her face. “Am I interrupting something?” she asked with attitude and a hand on one of her hips.

“No…I just got here and sent Baylee to bed. Anita was already here, but anyways…what are you doing here?” he scrunched his eyebrows in confusion and irritation. Who did she think she was, questioning him like that.

She pushed her way past him and entered the place, inspecting each corner. “I just wanted to know if you wanted to go downstairs for a drink.” she jumped in his face, snaking her arms around his and grinning widely at him. “Come on…your side girl can watch Baylee.” she giggled, giving Anita a dirty look.

“I’m not a side girl for your information.” Anita finally spoke up, “Why don’t you take her downstairs and get her all liquored up…”

With a roll of his eyes, Nick pried her arms, from around his “Listen, it’s late, I’m in charge of Baylee and I’m not going to give my responsibilities to Anita. We can do something together, when we head back home. I gotta get some sleep, we are heading to Phoenix tomorrow, and I think I‘m catching a cold.”

She rolled her eyes, and stormed towards the door. “I know there is something going on between you two, you can’t fool me.” with that said, she stormed off.

“Whoa! I’m sorry, but your little girlfriend and her squeaky voice, really pisses me off. She is something else, thinking that you and I have something going on.” she huffed.

After closing the door, and locking it, to make sure the nutcase couldn’t get back in. He walked over to Anita and grinned “Yeah, I’m sorry about her, she’s a little confused in general.” they stood face to face, staring into each others eyes.

“Confused…is about right. Saying there is something between us…like that…could happen…” her eyes locked with his, as she spoke in pauses.

He grinned, as his eyes shifted from her mouth, and back up to her eyes “AGAIN!” without thinking, he inched closer to her.

Her instincts were telling her to move, to back up, or better yet, to walk away. Instead, her eyes closed, as she felt his nose touch with hers and his breath tickled her face. Her heart raced, as she felt the brush of his lips against hers, timidly she covered his mouth with hers.

Nick’s hands instinctively cupped the side of her face, as his mouth hungrily covered hers too. He had almost forgotten, the sweet taste of her lips, and how comfortable the warmth of her body felt, against his. Even though he was enjoying the moment, the bad memories flooded his mind, and it suddenly dawned on him, that he had coached himself, not to give in to her, and here he was, in a make out session.

Quickly he pulled away and wiped his mouth “I’m sorry…” he mumbled.

Anita was startled at his sudden reaction, she was still getting used to his changing moods, concerning her “No, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have…” she bit the side of her bottom lip in disappointment. It hurt to know that, he was obviously regretting his actions, she could see it in his eyes.

“It’s my fault, I shouldn’t have done that.” he nervously raked his fingers through his hair. “It’s just hard…I still can’t forget everything…especially, that you lied to me.”

With a nod and an embarrassed giggle, she shook her head, “I know. I never meant to hurt you, Nick. I didn’t mean to hurt myself either…you’re not the only one, that was affected.” without notice, the tears had gathered in her eyes. With one swift hand movement, she wiped them away. “I should get to my room,” she turned around, ready to head to her room.

‘Wait…” He grabbed her arm gently and turned her around, their eyes locked once again. “Anita…please tell me, why you didn’t tell me the truth.”

Her eyes drifted to the floor, “I was afraid…” she shrugged, “Look what happened anyways…” her gaze fell upon him again, “You didn’t even give me a chance to explain…that I didn’t…”

“You know what, I change my mind. I don’t want to talk about it anymore…” he made way to the kitchenette, trying to give her a hint to leave, but she stormed after him.

“How do you want me to prove the truth, when you wont listen to me. I never did any of the things you accused me of…I might have lied about my family, but at some point in our lives, we were normal like that.” she grabbed his arm, but he pulled away from her grip. “I loved you Nick…”

Nick let out a sigh and turned to face her, with a dirty look. “You LOVED me?” he raised a brow as he stepped closer to her. “So you don’t LOVE me anymore?”

Anita couldn’t help her stuttering, as she felt him pin her against the counter “Well…uh…ye…I…did. There is no point…in loving someone who hates you.”

He knew he was pressing her hard, against the counter “I never said I hated you!”

“You sure act like it. That hurts Nick…” she placed her hands on his chest, and tried to push him away, but he didn’t budge. “NICK!”

Suddenly the door flew open and Nick stumbled back, with a shove from Anita. He froze watching as she flew to her room, then turned to look at everyone, and found four pair of eyes, looking at him curiously.

“Everything alright?” AJ spoke up, making way towards Nick, “What was that all about?”

Nick let out a heavy sigh, and ran his hand over his face “Nothing…it was nothing.” He walked to his room, while AJ and Howie gave each other looks.

“Well that was odd!” Howie shrugged, “Just let it go, you know those two have things to work out.” he nudged AJ, who seemed to be deep in thought.

“Yeah…I know!” he mumbled scratching the back of his head “I just can’t stop feeling bad about it…” he walked to his room.