- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope this gets a little bit more interesting for you guys. And remember, I THRIVE on reviews!! =)
“It’s just you and me tonight… no one here…” kiss “nothing and no one to bother us…” kiss “nothing standing in our way…” kiss “just… us” she ended with a more sensual kiss on my lips.

I smiled as I fell into the contour of her satin lips. We fell back on the couch, I pulled her on top of me so that I was lying down on the couch and she was straddling my waist.

“I’m ready Kevin…” she whispered to me.

“Well, did you decide on any names?” I asked her.

“How could I? We didn’t even start yet, we can’t get our hopes too high now.”

“Yeah…” I slurred off. “But still. Both Brian and Leighanne had names in mind before they even ‘started’.”

She chuckled, god I love the way she laughs. “Well, lets just get past phase one…” she was leaning down towards me so that we could lip-lock again, but all of that flew out the window when my damn cell phone started to go off.

“You have got to be shiting me!” I groaned as I rose from the couch.

She placed her hands upon my chest and pushed me down. “Uh-uh… I already told you, it’s just the two of us, nothing or no one to distract us.”

I laid there for a while, contemplating it over. I really didn’t want to get up and answer my phone, I just wanted to stay right where I was forever, but I was a businessman, almost all calls that came through were important.

“I know baby, and I’m sorry. Let me just get this, see what it’s all about and I’ll be back in a second, I promise.” I told her as I pecked her on the lips.

She sighed heavily and rose off my waist and I got up from the couch to answer my cell phone. I looked down and seen “Brian’s Cell” sprawled across the screen. “What can I do for you tonight?” I answered.

“I need you to come down to the police station right now.”

My eyes widened at that statement, my heart began to pound wildly in my chest. From the corner of my eye I could see Kristin now kneeling on the couch, mouthing “what happened?”

“What happened? Is everything okay?”

“We’re okay, but Nick’s been arrested.”

“Arrested? For what?”

“They’re charging him with first degree murder of some guy named Jeffery Donner.”

“Who the hell is Jeffery Donner?”

“Look, that’s all we know as of right now. Howie, AJ and I are making our way down to the station as we speak. If you can, just meet us there okay?”

“Yeah, I’ll be there.” I said as I hung up the phone and shoved it into my pocket.

“What happened?” Kristin whispered.

I raked my hand through my hair, trying to ease my heart that was now racing. “Nick’s been arrested on charges of first degree murder.”

Kristin’s eyes immediately bulged and she quickly placed her hand over her mouth in shock. “Oh my god, are you serious?”

I sighed. “Yeah… look baby, I’m really sorry about all this, but I have to go down to them.”

She rose from the couch and made her ways over towards me. “There’s nothing you gotta apologize for.” she said as she grabbed my hands. “You go on over there with them, I’ll be fine. Just, call me if anything okay?”

“Will do.” I replied as I kissed her. “Love ya babe.” I said as I headed out the door and into my car.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I jumped out of my car and made my way over to the entrance of the station. I stopped when I seen AJ by the door, smoking a damn cancer stick.

“AJ.” I called out.

He looked over towards me and exhaled a cloud of smoke. “Hey Kev.” he whispered, placing the cigarette to his mouth to take another deep drag.

“Anything new? Did anyone come out to talk to you guys yet?”

AJ shook his head, “No… we’ve been waiting here for almost half an hour just to talk to those damn cops who arrested him.”

“What exactly happened?”

“I don’t know.” he replied with a shrug. “I mean, we were at the studio today putting down two tracks and we all decided to have dinner at McDonalds. We were all having a good time until those two officers showed up. They simply read Nick his rights and took him away. They told us he was being charged with first degree murder of some guy named Jeffery Donner, but that was all he told us.”

“Who the hell is Jeffery Donner?”

Again, he simply shrugged while he blew out a puff of smoke. “Still trying to figure that out.”

The door to the entrance of the police station swung open, revealing Brian. “They’re here.” he said.

AJ quickly discarded the remains of his cigarette and smashed into the ground with his shoe. We both walked into the station and over to the two officers who were waiting to address the four of us.

“So,” one of the officers started. “you are Howie Dorough, Brian Littrell, AJ McLean…” he looked over to me and froze. “and you are?”

“Kevin Richardson.”

“Okay. So, I know you four have tons of questions to ask us, but let me tell you what’s happening first and hopefully I’ll answer all your questions. If you gentlemen could kindly step into this room please.” he said as he pushed the door open to a room.

The four of us walked into this room that looked a lot similar to an interrogating room. Once we were all seated, the officer that addressed us earlier sat down across from us while the other officer stood by the door.

“First of all I’m Officer Malloy and that’s Officer Tanner, and we were the two arresting officers of Nickolas Gene Carter. Now, Mr. Carter has been charged with first degree murder of a guy by the name of Jeffery Donner. The crime has happened well over a year ago but it’s a crime nonetheless and I’m assuming that it had been overlooked due to the traumatic incident you five went through last year.”

“That’s right, so when exactly did it happen?” I asked.

He opened his manila folder to scan over the paper documents that were inside. “In November sir.”

“November?” I repeated, none of this was making sense. “November of 2005 was when our incident occurred and we were hospitalized for a long time. There’s no possible way Nick could’ve committed any crimes during this time.”

“He… he did this to all of us?”

All of us shot our glances towards AJ, who had a mixture of shock and puzzlement written all over his face.

“What are you talking about?” Howie questioned.

“Jeffery Donner… he was the one that did this to all of us.”