- Text Size +
I winced as I felt my muscles beginning to strain, they had really wrenched my arms way back just to place their damn handcuffs on. The officer that had placed the handcuffs on my wrists had his hand on my back, pushing me forward while the other one walked ahead of us, opening a door to their interrogating room. The room was dark, and all I could see was the outline of a table and two chairs. The officer behind me shoved me down into the chair while the other one flicked on a lamp, shedding a small beam of light into the darkened room.

“Okay…” the one who turned on the light started. “I’m Officer Malloy and that’s Officer Tanner.” he sat down on the chair that was positioned across from me.

“Wait, you’re gonna be the one who’s gonna interrogate me?” I asked him.

“Interrogate?” he mocked. “Son, you watch too much TV for your own good. There’s no need to interrogate you, we already found guilty on the charge of first degree murder.”

“Well, I ain’t saying shit until my lawyer gets here.”

“That won’t be necessary.” Officer Tanner finally spoke up.

“And why the hell not?”

Officer Tanner continued to walk around behind me while Officer Malloy just glanced up at him and smirked. Before I could turn around to see what he was smirking at, I felt a hand quickly clamp down on the back of my neck. Officer Tanner swiftly shoved my face into the table, squeezing hard on the pressure points in my neck.

“You have one smart ass mouth.” he growled into my ear. “I want you to shut the fuck up and listen to what I have to say. You have been charged with first degree murder of Jeffery Donner. There will be no court order and no need for lawyers because you have already been found guilty on this charge. You will go to prison but you will have one court hearing where you’ll be able to appeal.”

“Who the fuck is Jeffery Donner?” I screamed, trying to squirm away from his vice grip on the back of my neck, I was starting to feel lightheaded.

He swiftly pulled me off my chair and slammed his fist into my stomach. I immediately doubled over, gasping for the air that was forced out of my lungs. “What kind of fucking cops are you?” I asked through clenched teeth.

He grabbed me by the back of my neck again and pulled me up so I was standing straight. “Now…” he whispered. “I want you to be a good boy and do exactly as I say. You don’t say shit, you don’t try to retaliate, the better of you’ll be. You will spend a night here in our jail cell but early tomorrow morning we will transfer you to California State Prison where you’ll be staying for the next… week or so.”

For some reason, I started to cry in front of those bastards. No, not for the pain that was coursing through my abdomen, but for the fact that this all seemed so surreal and I was frustrated as hell. “Who is Jeffery Donner?”

Officer Malloy leaned forward in his seat. “Tell me something Nick… do you ever find yourself staring long and hard at the mirror, contemplating on who you are and who you were before. What is the one thing that you always find yourself constantly looking at, your insides trying to convince you that you’re still the Nick Carter everyone has known you to be, but outside the agony is tearing you apart because that image of your physical appearance is reflecting back to you and you see someone completely different.” what in the hell was this guy talking about?

“Think Nick…” he stressed, his hand moving over his chest. My hand immediately flew up to where my scar was, oh my god… “There you go Nicky…” he replied in a eerie tone, sending chills up and down my spine.