- Text Size +
“So, how are you feeling today?”

“The same.”

“You don’t feel any different from how you felt yesterday?”

“No.”

“And why is that?”

“Is there any other way I’m supposed to feel?”

“Well, I guess not but I would think that your feelings would somewhat change over a period of time…”

“… lets recap the feelings I’ve relayed to you before.”

“Well, it says here that you were feeling scared, sad, tired, depressed, haunted, angry…”

“You can add frustrated to that list.”

“Frustrated?”

“Yeah…”

“So, you do feel different from yesterday?”

“No, I feel the same… I just decided to add that to how I feel from yesterday.”

“And why do you feel frustrated?”

“Because I can’t remember.”

“What can’t you remember?”

“… what happened…”

“The whole incident?”

“Yeah.”

“You can’t remember or you don’t want to remember?”

“Is there a difference?”

“Of course. You either can’t remember or you just don’t want to remember what happened, and you pass it over as if you can’t remember.”

“Is there a possibility that it’s both?”

“There is a possibility that it could be both, but one should be dominating ultimately. You should know how it feels not being able to remember something. You’ve had amnesia before, am I correct?”

“Yeah.”

“Do you feel anything like how you felt when you had amnesia?”

“… yeah… but I remember all those things I had forgotten. I just can’t remember what happened to us.”

“What you guys went through was a dreadful thing. Why would you want to remember something like that?”

“I don’t know… I just feel like there’s something I should know, something I should remember but I just can’t, no matter how hard I try.”

“All things come in due time. Why don’t you tell me your interaction and your relationship with your family and friends. Has it improved any?”

“No. If anything, it’s only gotten worse. My mother and I were always the best of friends, but it’s obvious to see that our ties are withering with time. Whenever there is a family gathering, I find myself isolating myself from everybody else. The fans continue to show their undying love and support for us and all I can do is smile. I don’t interact with them like I used to, I just give them what they want and I’m on my way. And the fellas… it’s like we don’t even know each other anymore. I’ve… I’m just not… I’m not the person I was before, no one knows who I am. I don’t even know who I am anymore…”

“Why are you like this?”

“Because I’m scarred… when I was shot, I died. The person I was before was killed back at the cemetery.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Because it’s true. I was shot for crying out loud, doctors said I wasn’t suppose to survive the first night, but I pulled through. They said I wasn’t going to make it, but for some reason I made a miraculous recovery. It’s like I had an… out of body experience, I could see myself lying in a coma and I remember watching those doctors walk into my room everyday just to tell my mom to start thinking of funeral arrangements. When I reconnected with my body, I was never the same… that’s when I realized that the former me had passed away.”

“Do you think there’s a possibility that you’ll be able to get things back to the way they used to be? To become the person you were before once again?”

“Do you know of anyone who came back from the dead?”

“No…”

“Well, there’s your answer. I was killed off a while back, I died with everything else. Do you think I can get back what’s dead? I don’t think so.”