- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm on a roll with updates!! Lol. Well, here again my chapter is short, really and truly sorry about that, but I hope things get a little better and a little more... interesting for you guys. I should be posting another update hopefully soon, REAL SOON. =)
“What are you thinking about?”

I glanced back at Howie, breaking my concentration from counting all the trees we were driving past. “I don’t know yet.”
I turned my gaze back onto counting the trees. I could feel his stare, but he knew better than to press on.

For a moment I glanced over the car to see what everyone else was doing. Kevin was in the passenger seat, probably venting to Big T, one of our new securities who was driving, Brian looked like he was trying to get some sleep, just staring forward while his eyes drooped, and Howie had long broke his stare away from me, now looking out the other window.

My eyes trailed down to my hands, they were fidgeting again. Whenever I was nervous or something was on my mind, my hands normally tend to do that. The reason I say my hands and not me is because my hands truly start doing that. I can be sitting there, thinking all is peachy when all of a sudden I look down to see my hands doing a thing of their own, and I won’t even notice it until I glance down at them. I’d have to call my psychiatrist and set up an appointment as soon as we got back to Howie’s house.

“AJ!”

I looked over at Howie, wondering why he was bellowing my name. “Huh?”

“We’re here.”

I looked out of the window and seen that we were parked outside of Howie’s house; well that was quick. We all filed out of the car and made our way into Howie’s house.

“Um, do we really have to be here?” I voiced out, causing everyone’s eyes to fall on me.

“Why?” Kevin questioned me back.

“I don’t know, I mean… there’s nothing else we can do for the time being, so I thought I’d at least go back to the comforts of my own home. That’s all.”

“Look, I think it’s best if we stick together, in case we…” Kevin trailed off, he was thinking exactly what I was thinking

“In case what Kev?” Brian asked.

“Until we get the results.”

“You don’t think that’s him, do you?”

Again, all eyes fell on me, all I did was ask a simple question.

“AJ, look it’s not…”

“It’s a yes or no question… do you or do you not think that body is him.”

“Yes!” he blurted out. Not really the answer I was looking for. “Yes, I think that body is him, I think that is Jeffery Donner, the one that did all this shit to us and killed Aaron, okay?”

“You don’t have to lie, I don’t think it’s him.” I muttered.

“THAT’S IT!!” he exploded, causing the three of us to jump a little. “I am sick and tired of you AJ, always trying to prove your fucking point! You’re being a fucking immature prick right now and I’m tired of all your fucking bullshit! We have enough to deal with right now, and we really don’t need you to be another fucking problem. So go, for all I fucking care, go home to your fucking comfort zone and stay the fuck there!”

Howie’s mouth was agape, Brian’s eyes were blazing with anger, towards Kevin of course, and I, I just stood there, my mouth hanging partially open. Call me a little bitch for all I care, but I could actually feel tears welling up within my eyes, but I refused to let it go any further, and I refused to let them see me cry. I could tell that they could see the glossiness in my eyes though, because suddenly Kevin’s glare softened, a bit.

“Okay…” I whispered, “I’m gone…” and with that, I left.