- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm back!! Wow, it's been forever! [Or so it seems]. My internet has finally returned until June, then I'm moving out of my home and I'm not sure how long it will be down then =/. But I've decided to write a new story! It's very hard to pick up with the old stories because I left them for so long. But please R&R! It's a Kevin story! [Which is new for me!] Let me know what you think.
"Jennifer, you have got to move on with your life!" My best friend and co-worker, Kelly Townsend, sighed heavily as we stripped one of the many hospital beds and threw the sheets into a large laundry cart.

"Who said I'm not moving on?" I frowned and pushed the cart on to the next room.

"Um, it's all over your face, sweetheart," she smirked and began to tug at the sheet on the next bed. I rolled my eyes, but secretly in my heart I felt all the pain my closest friends knew I was experiencing. "Honey, he moved on. You need to follow in his footsteps." I wanted to throw something at her for saying that.

"Follow in his footsteps?" I asked, anger filling my voice. "Are you serious, Kelly? I mean, think about what you just said." I spat out and threw the sheet in the laundry cart.

"I didn't mean that you should be like him in the sense that you became liar and a cheater, I meant you shouldn't let him hold you back like this," she sighed. "I'm your best friend, for God's sake. You need to move on with your life. Not just for your life, either. For Paige's." I sighed. I knew she was right, deep down. I just didn't want to admit it. Unfortunately, she is my best friend and she knows me better than I know myself. "Listen, I know you know I'm right." She smirked. "Just hear me out. I'm flying down to Kentucky for the weekend. David wants to go visit his parents. Come with us. You and Paige both."

"Oh, I don't know," I shook my head. "Paige's birthday is coming up and I'm sure she'll want to see Jeff." I sighed, referring to my daughter and my new ex-husband. "I really shouldn't be so selfish to take her out of the state."

"Jenn, shut the hell up and replay what you just said in your head!" Kelly freaked out as we made our way to the next room. "The man cheated on you and you took him back. He then preceeded to bring the woman to your home and leave his mess there. Then he left you. He moved out, Jenn! And you're seriously going to sit there and tell me that you're the selfish one?! You have got to be kidding me," she shook her head in disgust.

Maybe she was right. Maybe it was time to move on.