- Text Size +
 

Chapter 12

Leighanne goes to back to her hotel and calls her private investigator “Hi Ralph, I need a favor from you.” Leighanne says. “Anything for you babe.” Ralph answers. “I need you to get some pictures of my ex-husband and his lover together. I need to prove that my son is not in a stable home setting.” Leighanne informs Ralph. “Sure no problem just give me the address and I'll get right on it.” Ralph answers. She gives him the information and hangs up happy with her plan.

Ralph get his equipment ready and then does a drive by to check out the surrounding area. He notices that there is a wooded lot behind the house that may make good cover. He needs to find out if the house has motion detectors on the outside as well as the inside. Later that evening around dinner time he sneaks into the wooded lot behind Aj and Brian's house. He needs to see how close to the house without being seen. The key to getting good pictures is you have to be close but unseen. He enters the back yard.

“Alright Baylee go wash up for supper.” Brian calls. Baylee puts his car back in his pocket and goes to wash his hands. “Dinner smells great babe” Aj says slipping his arm around Brian's waist. “We need to talk tonight after Bay goes to bed.” Aj says kissing Brian's neck. “Ok” Brian says. Baylee comes in and sits at the table. “Daddy can I have sprite with my supper?” Baylee asks. “No you had a Jumba Juice earlier so you're having milk.” Brian answers pouring milk in Baylee's glass. Aj puts Baylee's plate on the table. “I don't like cauliflower.” Baylee says. “I thought you liked cauliflower.” Brian says as he places Aj's plate in front of him. “I like broccoli not cauliflower.” “Cover it with cheese sauce you'll never know you're eating it.” Aj says pouring cheese sauce over Baylee's cauliflower then his own.

Later that night after Baylee's in bed Brian and Aj cuddle on the couch.”What did you want to talk about?” Brian asks snuggling closer to Aj. “Well Baylee was upset today when I picked him up.” Aj says. Brian sits up. “You don't think she went over to the school do you maybe I should call the school and let them know whats going on.” Brian says in one breathe. “It has nothing to do with Leighanne although letting them know what's going on isn't a bad idea.” Aj says pulling Brian closer to him. “He doesn't want to go to that school anymore, he says his teacher told him that he's going to hell because he doesn't live in a proper home with a mom and a dad.” Aj answers.

“She said that to him?” Brian asked emotion evident in his voice. “Yeah, look I was thinking. Why don't we let him go to a public school. I mean we all went to public schools and we turned out fine.” Aj says. “Yeah but we didn't have school shootings when we were in school.” Brian agrues. “Babe not all public schools are like that.” Aj says. “Can I think about it?” Brian ask. Aj kisses Brian. “Yeah think about it.” As they start making out the phone rings. “Hello?” Aj answer. “Oh hello Alex is Brian there?” Leighanne asks. Aj hands Brian the phone and mouths “it's her” “What do you want Leighanne?” “You know what I want, I want my son.” Leighanne says. “Your son, you didn't want anything to do with him two year ago and now you want him?” Brian said getting angrier by the moment. “Brian it's in your best interest to give me what I want.” Leighanne threatens. “What do you mean in my best interest?” Brian asks. “Go check your email and you'll see.” Brian gets up, goes to his and Aj's office and checks his email. He sees a picture of Aj kissing his neck from earlier that night.

“Do I have your attention now?” Leighanne asks. “Yes.” Brian says sounding defeated. “If you don't want that picture to end up in the media you had better let me see my son.” Leighanne says. “When?” Brian asks. “Tomorrow after school.” Leighanne answers. “Ok.” Brian says before hanging up. Aj comes in the room to check on Brian finding him sitting at the desk staring at the computer screen. “Baby what's going on?” Aj asks. “She has pictures of us together and says she'll use them against us if I don't let her see Baylee tomorrow.” Brian says sobbing.