- Text Size +

While Kevin was rallying the troops Brian sat in a courtroom listening to Leighanne’s lawyer tell the judge that they believes that Baylee would be better off in a home with his mother. “Your honor, the home Mr. Littrel has made with Mr. Mclean is an unstable home.”  Mr. Jacobs says. “Mrs. Littrell has every right to be concerned about to gay men raising her son. “ Mr. Jacobs says.  “Your honor the plaintiff gave up her parental rights two years ago when she chose drugs over her son.”  Jason says. “Your honor my client has since go to rehab and gotten her  life back on track, but speaking of  addiction Mr. Mclean was also addicted to drugs and alcohol and for all the court knows is still using today.”  Mr. Jacobs says. “ I Haven’t used drugs or alcohol since before Baylee was born. I love Baylee as if he were my own.” AJ  says despite being told by  Jason to keep quiet.   “But he’s not your son.” Leighanne says.  “Your honor my client admits that she made a mistake two years ago, she would like a chance to make it up to her son. She feels awful about not being in her son’s life. “  Mr. Jacobs says. “If she feels so bad about it why did it take her two years to decide that she wanted back in his life?” Brian asks.  “I was trying to get my life back together Brian, I wanted to be able to provide a stable environment for my son.” Leighanne says. “Do you even have a job to support him?” Brian asked his anger getting the best of him.  “Yes, and I would not have to leave him for months at time.” Leighanne.  “We take Baylee with us unless he’s in school then my parents and Alex’s mom takes turns looking after him.” Brian says.

“I think I’ve heard enough to make a decision.” Judge Mayble says before standing and leaving the court room. After a thirty minute recess the judge calls all parties involved back in the room.  “Mrs. Littrell I feel that you are sincere about wanting  a second chance to be the mother to your son that he needs.  Mr. Littrell, I don’t think you have provided your son the proper environment to grow in.  Children need a stable home life in order to grow up to be productive citizens of the world but since that is not possible I have to rule in the favor of Mrs. Littrell until the court sees that you can provide your son with the stability children at his age need. You have 48 hours to relinquish custody of Baylee Wylee Thomas Wallace Littrell to Mrs. Leighnne Wallace Littrel” Judge Mable says.  “You can’t do this, he my son and he doesn’t want to be with her. Please your honor don’t take my son from me I’ll do anything.” Brian says tears streaming down his face.  Aj sat there not believing what he was hearing. The judge dismisses court and everyone but Brian, Aj and Jason leave the court room. Aj is trying to console Brian but can’t because of his own grief. “ We’ll get him back baby I promise.”  AJ tries to assure Brian but he’s not really sure how he can keep such a big promise.  “I’ll give you guys a ride home ok Brian I don’t think you should be driving. “ Jason says.  “Brian I’ll do everything in my power to  make sure Baylee is back in your home be next week I promise. “  Jason says helping his client out of the court and into his car. “Next week is too long I can’t be without my baby that long.” Brian  says.  Jason drives the two distraught men to the home they shared.  If he was going to keep his promise to  Brian he had to get to work on the appeals immediately. 

Kevin opens the door as Jason helps Brian and AJ to the door.  “What happened?” He asks.  “We lost Baylee, that bitch is going to take him away from us.” Brian says before breaking down  and falling into his cousin’s arms.  Howie and Viggo rush to AJ’s side because without Brian leaning on him he just collapses to the floor in a heap. Sob ripping through their bodies. Kevin picks Brian up and carries him upstairs to their bedroom and puts him in the bed.  Howie and Viggo helping AJ upstairs and into bed as well.  Nick turns to Jerald, “How could they do this?  I don’t understand,”  Nick asks before breaking down.

 
Chapter End Notes:
I am so sorry but it had to happen.