- Text Size +
Chapter 3

Denise and Baylee arrive in time for the next visitation. “Baylee, your daddy is hurt really bad and he's got a lot of bruises but he's still your daddy.” Jackie tries to explain to her grandson. “Ok nana “ Baylee says. They take the six year old in to see his dad. “Hey Bay,” Kevin says when they walk in. “You're daddy's asleep and we don't know how to wake him up do you think you can?” Kevin says hoping that maybe if Brian heard Baylee's voice he'd respond. Baylee walked over to his dad. “Daddy, wake up it's time to get up.” Baylee says shaking his dad a little. “Wake UP!” Baylee says loudly. “ I can't but daddy Aj can.” Baylee says “When daddy's being extra lazy at home daddy Aj wakes him up.” Baylee tells them. “We've tried to call him but he's not answering his phone and we don't know where he is.” Howie tells Baylee. “I've got his number right here.” Baylee says taking the card Aj gave him out of his pocket. Howie takes Baylee outside in the hall so they can call Aj.
“He has my grandson calling him daddy, I don't want him anywhere near my son.” Jackie says. Brian's heart monitor begins to beep. “What's wrong?” Jackie says turning around. “You're obviously upsetting Brian with your hatred towards the man he loves.” Kevin says.

In Africa

Aj's phone rings. “Hello?” “Daddy Aj it's me Baylee daddy's in the hospital and won't wake up. He crashed the car.” “Bay go tell uncle Kevin to come to the phone ok.” Aj says. Kevin comes to the phone. “Alex, where the hell are you?” Kevin says into the phone :”Kev, what's going on?” Aj ask as he starts packing. “Bri was in a serious car accident and he's in a light coma, he can hear and he responds to pain but he won't wake up.” Kevin explains. “I'm on the way” Aj says. He grabs his bags and heads to the airport.. Kevin goes back in to join his family in prayer for Brian's speedy recovery.

Two days later Aj arrives at the hospital.

Around 4pm Aj stands outside the door gathering his thoughts. Brian's heart beat speeds up considerably and everyone is panicking wondering what could be causing the rapid heart rate. Aj hears the commotion and rushes into the room. Jackie turns and looks at Aj. “You, get out you're upsetting him.” “More like he's stimulating him.” Kevin says as Brian's heart rate slowly drops back to normal. As Aj gets closer to Brian's bed his heart beat picks back up. As Aj is about to touch Brian Nick comes back with Baylee. “Daddy You came!” Baylee say running over to Aj. “Of course I came now let's wake daddy up. Aj leans down and kisses Brian lightly on the lips. “Stop that!” Jackie yells at AJ. Ann Richardson quites her sister with a shake of her head. “Now isn't the time or place.” She says gently.
Kevin smiles when he sees Brian's eyes start opening slightly. Brian deepens the kiss. Aj pulls away.
“I know you're awake now show me those pretty blues I love so much.” Aj says smiling.
Brian slowly opens his eyes. “Hey beautiful.” Aj. Brian smiles. “You came back.” Brian whispers. “I had to you were scaring Baylee and you know nobody scares my loco boy.” Aj says. “I'm still your loco boy daddy Aj?” Baylee ask tugging on Aj's leg. “You still wanna be my loco boy don't cha.?” Aj asked Baylee. Baylee nods “Guys we've got to get a handle on the press I barely made it in.” Aj says. “Aunt Jackie, Uncle Harold do you want me to handle the press?” Kevin offers. “Since you're use to doing them it might be best.” Harold senior says. “Alright, we need to show a united front, that means all of us.” Kevin says. “What about Viggo?” Howie asked. “That's up to the two of you.” Kevin says.

Press Conference.
“Thank you all for coming.” Kevin starts. “We will give information only we will not entertain any questions at this time. As you all know Brian was seriously injured in a car accident a couple of weeks ago, Brian's injuries are serious but not life threatening he's currently resting peacefully. We would like to thank everyone for their prayers.” Kevin says before walking back inside with the Backstreet Family, including Viggo Mortenson.