- Text Size +
 

Leighanne calls Brian on the way home and tells him that she is bringing the police as her lawyer advised her to. When they arrive home Brian and AJ take Baylee upstairs to pack his bags to make sure he doesn't forget anything. “Baylee be a good boy and if you want to call us you can ok.” Brian says as he's putting Baylee's night light in his overnight bag. “What if she's mean to me?” Baylee asks. “If she hurts you you call us ok and we'll come get you.” Aj says. Nick comes in and give Baylee his teddy bear. “He's going to protect you from the monsters ok Bayster.” Nick says ruffling his hair. Kevin comes upstairs and knocks on the door. “She's here guys.” Kevin says sadly. Brian picks Baylee up and carries him downstairs. Aj follows them slowly tears streaming down his face. Baylee gives everyone a hug and kiss goodbye before Leighanne pulls him away and puts him in her car. She leans in the car putting his seat belt on him and gives him a kiss on the cheek. Brian feels sick to his stomach as he watches his son and ex wife drive away. Once they are out of sight everyone goes back inside. Aj storms upstairs. Brian sits on the couch with his head down. Nick goes over and sits next to Brain laying his head on his shoulder. After a few minutes Nick gets up and leaves going home to signal Nilbog.

 

Meanwhile in Leighanne's car.

“I'm so glad you're going to be with me for a little while Baylee I missed you.” Leighanne says “If you missed me so much why didn't you ever call me or anything?” Baylee says. “I was sick Baylee but now I'm all better, I know I was wrong for leaving you the way I did and I wanna make it up to you.” Leighanne says. “I was just fine with Daddy and Daddy AJ.” Baylee says angrily. “When I thought of your father being with another man it made me sick to my stomach and I knew I had to get better so that I could take you out of that mess.” Leighanne says pulling up to the hotel. They get out and go upstairs. “Baylee we're staying in the penthouse so you'll have your own room ok?” Leighanne says. Baylee nods. Leighanne shows him to his room. “It's kind of late so why don't you go in your room and get ready for bed and I'll tuck you in.” Leighanne says looking at the clock. “I don't need you to.” Baylee says. “I know but I want you to is that ok?” Leighanne says. Baylee shrugs and goes in the bathroom to change into his jammies and brush his teeth. When Baylee comes out Leighanne is waiting in his room. Baylee gets his teddy-bear Nick gave him and crawls into bed. Leighanne pulls the covers up and tucks him in tightly. “Do you need anything sweetheart?” Leighanne asks. “Can you plug my night light in and close the door please?” Baylee asks. Leighanne nods and plugs the night light in and closes the door. As soon as she's sure that Baylee is asleep she calls her dealer and invites him over.

 After a couple of hours Leighanne is wasted on the bed. Nilbog and her guards crawl from under the bed and out of the closet. “What the fuck?” Leighanne says not believing what she's seeing. “You are undeserving of the life you have and now you will pay for the pain you have caused those in your life.” Nilbog says pointing at Leighanne. “Who the hell are you and how did you get in here?” Leighanne asks. She reaches for the phone to call for help but the guards grab her and start to drag her into the closet. She struggles and calls out for Baylee. Baylee hears the screams and does what his uncle Nick told him and hugs the teddy bear tightly. Nilbog goes into Baylee's room being sure to stay in the shadows. “She will not bother you again, sleep in peace young one.” Nilbog says before vanishing back into the underworld. A calm comes over Baylee and he falls asleep.

The next morning he wakes up and goes in the living room looking for Leighanne but doesn't find her. He goes in her room and see that the bed is made and there's a tray with cocaine on it. He calls 911 and tells the police that his mom is gone and he's there alone. After he calls the police he calls his daddies. Brian, AJ and Nick arrive a few minutes after the police. “ Baylee, What happened baby?” Brian ask as he enters the room. “ I don't know daddy I woke up  and she was gone.” Baylee say running to his daddies.

“Sir who was he suppose to be with?” Officer Monson ask. “My ex-wife, she has temporary custody of him.” Brian says. “We asked him if he knew where she could have gone and he says the monsters took her.” Office Monson say. “We also found an ounce of powder cocaine doe she have a drug problem or would that belong to someone else that would be staying here.” Officer Monson says. “ She has a drug problem and as far as we know she was suppose to be alone.” AJ says. The officer takes their contact information before allowing them to leave with Baylee.

 

Nick drives as Baylee's clinging to both AJ and Brian in the backseat. “The monster came in my room and said She will not bother you again, sleep in peace young one what does that mean?” Baylee asks. “I don't know locoboy.” AJ says kissing Baylee's head.

They arrive back home where everyone is waiting to find out what was going on. Baylee opens the door and runs in. Anne and Harold Sr. engulf him in a tight hug. The entire family circle around him giving him hugs and kisses. Kevin pulls away from the group and goes over to Nick and pulls him into a bear hug. “Thank you.” Kevin says. “Your welcome Kev I can't breathe.” Nick says. Kevin tightens his hug. “ I love you.” Kevin says. “ I love you too but I can't breathe.” Nick says. “No I really love you.” Kevin say not letting go of Nick. Jerald turns and looks at his brother. “You're still in love with him.” Jerald says. Kevin lets go of Nick and turns to face his brother. “Yeah, but you don't have to worry about it I'm not trying to come between you.” Kevin says before walking out the door. Nick looks at Jerald then at everyone else. “I love you Jerald, I had no idea he was still in love with me.” Nick says.

Chapter End Notes:
Thank you to all my readers.