- Text Size +
 

Chapter 31

As everyone continued to celebrate Baylee's return Kevin goes home and packs his bags and leaves.

He didn't know exactly where he was going to go but he knew that he couldn't stay there. He drove for a couple of hours before stopping and getting something to eat. As he walked into the little down home restaurant he feels at ease for the first time in a long time.

“Welcome to Madea's Kitchen. I'm Kelly I'll be your waitress for the evening.” Kelly says leading Kevin to a small table in a corner. “ What would you like to drink?” Kelly asks. “I'll have a cup of coffee and a coke please.” Kevin says. “A double shot of caffeine rough day?” Kelly asked. “Yeah you could say that.” Kevin says. She smiles and goes to get his drinks. He looks at his cell phone and sees that Tim has called several times. He turns his cell phone off deciding that he needs a break from family right now. Kelly returns with his drinks. “What would you like to eat?” Kelly asks. “ I don't know what's good?” Kevin asks. “Well today we have a rib special that comes with endless ribs and two large sides with a drink.” Kelly says. “That sounds really good um for my sides I'd like baked beans and coleslaw please.” Kevin says with a smile. He watched her walk away to go place his order.

“God she's beautiful.” Kevin says to himself. He looks around at the little restaurant and thinks about what's going on in his life at the moment. Everyone seems to be happy and he's the only one that's not. He deserves to be happy too didn't he? He needs to figure a few things out before he goes back home. Kelly sits his plate in front of him.. “ MM smells great.” Kevin says smiling at Kelly. “If you need anything just holler for me.” Kelly says before walking away. Kevin starts to eat and is taken back to his family reunions when he wnot realltas a boy, He could taste the love that went into making everything. As he was finishing his second platter of ribs Kelly came back. “More ribs?” Kelly asks. “Is there anyway I could get them to go? I'll pay extra if I need to.” Kevin says wiping his mouth. Kelly laughs “What?” Kevin asks. “You have sauce by you eye..” Kelly says as Kevin wipes his face. “I'll go get you a carry out.” Kelly says. Kelly walks back to the kitchen. “You know for a white boy he's pretty sexy.” Kelly says to Madea . “ Yeah he is but he probably doesn't date out side his race like most of the guys around here.” Madea says. Kevin turns his cellphone back on as Kelly brings his to go plate. “ Um Kelly is there a hotel around here? Kevin asks. “ Yeah there's a few back towards the high way. “Kelly says. Kevin nodds as he pays for his food. When she goes to make change for the $100.00 dollar bill he gave her he puts two more down with a note “Keep the change.”