- Text Size +
After that day, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to see him ever again. But I could never stop thinking about that day, about him. One day I had even caught myself writing his name on my notebook. Of course I scribbled it out. So as many in my case would do, I gave up hope on ever seeing him again. That was until Ang told me that he had been stopping by the resturant looking for me. I almost died. He was looking for me! I wanted to jump up and down at the thought of it. Could he be the one for me? Oh hell yes. He was perfect in everyway that I could see. Gorgeous eyes, captivating smile, amazing body, great personality and I'm sure a whole lot more. Ang had given him my number. At that moment, it felt like someone slapped me.

It brought me back to reality and I went back to my apartment to see if there was a message from him. My machine was blinking. 'Don't give up hope. It could be him.' Both of them were from him. I can still remember them:

Tuesday April 16 at 2:35 PM
Hi Willow? I hope your friend gave me the correct number. I wanted to get in touch. I don't usually run into you and I thought I'd call to talk. My number is 550-3598. Oh this is Howie by the way. Bye

Tuesday April 16 at 4:47 PM

Willow I wanted to ask you something the first time I called but ( sigh ) will you go out with me tonight? (hesitation) I want to repay you for the other day. Say around seven? I'l be out after 5:30 so if I don't get a call back I'll just assume to pick you up at your place. Your friend gave me your address too. If not...well I'll be the fool for tonight. ( chuckle) See you then.


I about jumped out of my skin because he had already left his place. It was 6:40. My main question was whether I should go or not. I wanted to but there wouldn't be enough time to get ready. So many questions were racing through my mind: Should I stay or go? Casual or dressy? Curly or straight? Makeup or none? I quickly ran to my room and had gotten a white, flowing skirt which had a graphic of a red flower on the edge of it. I threw on a red 3/4 sleeved shirt which had a tear drop neck. I put the necklace that my grandfather had given me the year before he died. It was a crystal in the shape of a butterfly and in each wing was a single diamond. He would want me to go. I could sense it as if he was there. I went into the bathroom and took a brush through my fire red hair which started to curl at the tips. Applying just a little mascara and a long lasting lipstick was the makeup of the night. I was just finishing up when I heard a knock at the door.

He came right on the dot. He was wearing khakis and a black polo. He looked fantastic. The things that I remember about that night was sitting at the dinner table, being captivated by his hazel eyes. He talked about him family and a group of friends trying to start a band. It was exciting! I remember how he gently traced my hand when I had laid it on the table. Then when he dropped me back off at my place, he had taken my hand as I was just about to walk to the door and he kissed me. So sweet and tender it made me weak in the knees. It was that night that I truely knew that I loved him. A year and a half and two dozen+ dates later, he asked me to be his wife. I couldn't refuse. He was my life and I was his. Or so I had thought. This is the beginning of where it all went wrong.