- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Yay! I'm back!!! This one's a long one! Whoot! Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Catarina, Marietta, Rembrandt, baddies, & story idea. Mirage Studios owns everything TMNT. Thank-you!

Meanwhile, Catarina was still riding in the back of the van she'd been thrown in. The men had been smart and tied her up good and tight so that she wouldn't be able to escape; they were on their way back to their Master's laboratory to hand over the prized mutant they had found for him. Rina stirred slightly, as she awoke groaning.

"Ohhh.....What happened?" She mumbled aloud, blinking rapidly until her vision cleared enough for her to see. "What the....?"

Her eyes darted around fearfully, as she realized she had indeed been captured - though, she was slightly relieved to see they had not captured Marie as well. She seemed to have managed to save her sister. She realized she was tied up then, and attempted to struggle free, cursing softly when she realized they had her tied good and tight - so tight, she'd never be able to free herself. She gave a soft wail, as she realized they had taken her senbon and kaiken from her - both weapons she hadn't been without since her and Marie had been allowed to carry their weapons of choice.

"Help," Rina thought silently, as the van pulled to an abrupt stop causing her to topple over, as she'd managed to have sat herself up some. The back doors opened and the men smirked as they pulled her out roughly.

"You're not so tough now, are you?" The biggest one snarled, hefting her up over his shoulder.

Unluckily for them, they hadn't tied her legs or gagged her. She drove her knees into the man's chest, forcing the air out of his lungs. He gave a loud oomph and dropped her on the ground. She whipped around and kicked his legs out from under him. As another man lunged for her, she scrambled backwards and got to her feet.

"Leave me alone, you ass!" she yelled, lashing out with a kick.

"Where're you gonna go, anyways, freak?" asked a third man as he jumped back from her kick.

Rina whipped her head around as she felt two more sharp pains, one in her forearm and the other in her leg. She fell to her knees, her vision swimming yet again.

"You idiot!" someone yelled and a dart gun was tossed onto the ground. "If she overdoses, she dies! If she dies, you're out of a job! Moron!"

Rina ended up on her side before her surroundings went black.

"Hold up, Marie!" shouted Mikey, racing after his sister. She was moving faster than she usually did, taking the roof-tops haphazardly. Mikey caught up with her and grabbed her arm. "Stop! You're gonna fall off or something and that's not going to help anything," he said, looking her in the eye with all sincerity and concern.

Marie stared at him. How could he be so nice to her when she seemed to only cause trouble for their family? "I'm sorry!" Marie wailed, tossing herself into her brother's open arms.

Mikey was caught off guard but he recovered and hugged Marie tightly. "Hey, it's okay," he said, brushing her hair back.

"No, it's not!" she cried, pressing her forehead against his plastron. "I got Rina caught! And now she's gone and what if we can't ever find her and I'm such a doofus! Aargh!" she exclaimed, sobbing into her brother's shoulder.

Mikey sighed and gave her another tight hug before pushing her out to arm's length. "Marie, you're not a doofus," he said and held up a hand before she could protest. "Hey, I'm the expert at being a doofus and you're certainly not one. You're important in this family, and we need your help to get Rina back. Which means you can't have a breakdown right now."

Marie gaped at Mikey and then nodded, "Oh…okay. And I'm not having a breakdown, I just wanna find Rina!"

"Don't we all?" asked Donnie as he landed on the rooftop.

"Yeah…so let's go!" Marie shouted, running off the roof top to the next one but with more care this time. Her brothers glanced at each other but followed. Maybe her determination would come in handy now.

"I think Rina left the tracker in her belt," Donnie said to Leo as they flew across the rooftops.

"That could come in handy…" replied Leo.

Rina woke up, her eyelids lifting slowly. She groaned and experimentally moved her arms and legs. She nearly panicked when she discovered that something was holding her door to the table. Worried, she looked and her breath started to come quickly as she realized she was surrounded by medical equipment.

"Oh, her heart rate is speeding up, sir," she heard someone say from beside her. She glanced over to the side and spotted a human woman in a white lab coat.

"She must be awake," a male voice said and there was suddenly someone standing over her, their face filling her view. "Hello," he said in an amiable tone, as if they were beginning a conversation. She stared at him uncertainly. "How are you feeling?" he asked, sounding sincere.

"Shitty," Rina replied groggily.

He laughed and nodded, "Yeah, well, those blockheaded goons of the boss shouldn't have shot you twice. We could've lost you and you're the most advanced female of your kind."

"Huh?" Rina asked, narrowing her eyes.

The human man rested his hand on her lower plastron and smiled at her, "We have many mutants here, and quite a few male turtles around your age. However, you're the only known female to survive. After a few tests, we'll know if you are fertile or not." He rubbed his hand along her stomach area, making her arch her back. She wasn't used to being touched by anyone outside her family, and he seemed to want to turn her into an incubator. "Your vital signs are a little low though, have you been sick lately? We wouldn't want you pregnant until you're well."

"Bite me!" snapped Rina, glaring up at him as tears sprang into her eyes. "Oh, God, guys, get here soon…" she thought to herself.

"Don't tempt him," the woman in the lab coat remarked. "He's been known to do so."

Rina glared as best she could, while blinking back her tears. She couldn't believe she had managed to be caught! And how dare they think they were going to be getting her pregnant! She was not ready for that! And Master Splinter would be so disappointed! She could not disappoint her family, anymore than she felt she already had by allowing herself to be caught. She was a kunoichi, she should know how to escape these types of things without error, and yet, here she was strapped down on an examining table, hooked up to machines - some which involved needles. Needles!?!?! Rina groaned, willing herself to quickly look away from where they stuck in her arms. She could feel herself starting to feel sick, but fought it with all her might. Who knew what they might do to her if they thought she were gravely ill?

Meanwhile, the others had finally returned home and were filling Master Splinter in on what had happened while Donnie turned on his computer to try and locate their missing sister.

"If the Runt had've done as told an' not tried somethan stupid, we'd still have Rina!" Raphael stated angrily.

"It's not my fault!" Marie cried. "I didn't stick her with the dart!"

"If you hadn't've gotten hurt, she wouldn't've had to remove you from battle!" Raphael snapped. "And if she hadn't've had to remove you, she would be here with us right now!"

Marie growled furiously as she attacked her brother in red, only to have him fight back with much more ease than she. She yelped as a punch hit her plastron, though it wasn't a very hard one as Raph knew enough to not seriously injure his kid sister.

"Enough!" Master Splinter exclaimed, as Leonardo pulled Marie off Raphael and Michaelangelo grabbed Raphael's arm.

"Ow!" Marie shrieked, as Raph kicked her rear once more, as Leo moved her away. "Quit it!"

"Then quit bein' a lil' Brat!" Raphael snarled, jerking his arm away from his brother in orange.

"You quit being a shithead first and then we'll talk about me!" snapped Marie, elbowing Leonardo in the plastron.

"Shithead? I'm gonna pop you in that mouth of yours so hard you're gonna forget every cuss word ya know, Marie!" roared Raphael, charging towards the younger turtle.

"Raph, don't!" Mikey exclaimed, latching onto his brother's arm and hauling backwards.

"If you two don't stop it," warned Leo, hauling a kicking Marie backwards.

"He started it!" Marie yelled and Raphael rushed towards her again, dragging Mikey behind him.

"Why you!"

"SHUT UP!!" shouted Donatello, whirling around in his computer chair to glare at the others. "You're not helping!" he snapped as the others stared at him, "And we could be running out of time for all you know, so just shut up and sit down on the couch." They were all so shocked that Donatello had raised his voice that they just stood there, staring at him. He whipped back around and started typing again.

A few minutes later there was a relieved sigh. "Didja find her?" asked Mikey, walking over to the computer. He leaned over and saw a white dot blinking softly on the screen. Marie ran up beside him and squeezed in-between her two brothers.

"That's her," Donnie said, nodding to the screen. Another blip appeared, this one blinking purple. "And that's us. She's in downtown Manhattan somewhere. It looks as if it's in the business district."

"That doesn't make sense," said Leo, crossing his arms, "Why would they carry a mutant turtle down to the business district?"

"Who cares?" said Raphael, storming off towards the entrance, "She won't be there long enough for us to find out." He was going to enjoy slicing through the men who had stolen his kid sister.

Donatello snatched the portable tracker and stuffed it into his belt as he grabbed his shoulder bag.

Marie ran off down the hallway and Leo waited at the door for her. "What were you doing?" asked Leo and she opened her hand, revealing a pair of senbon.

"There're Rina's extras, just incase she needs them," said Marie, biting her lower lip.

Leo nodded, "Good thinking, Marie." He ruffled his sister's hair and pointed to the sewers. "Well, let's go get Rina."

"Yeah!" shouted Marie, pumping the air with her fist. She dashed ahead of Leonardo and jumped into the Battle Shell after Mikey. Taking the vehicle would be faster than any running they could do. Donnie revved up the engine and the garage door opened. Soon they were peeling off down the street at a breakneck speed.

Marie sighed and glanced up at the roof, "Hang on, Rina, we're coming…"

Rina breathed slowly, trying hard to calm herself. She needed to think of a way to get out of this mess. Master Splinter had taught them that there was always a way out, it just had to be discovered. It was hard to concentrate on finding an escape when she heard the humans talking around her, preparing things, turning on machines, placing more needles… A weight dropped in her stomach as she saw someone lift a needle and squirt it experimentally in the air. Her eyes rolled back in her head and her fingers felt weightless. Someone snapped something and she felt a mask being shoved onto her face. Wet oxygen and some sort of sedative flooded into her lungs. She felt like lead on the table, unable to help herself. Still, she managed not to cry.

The whirr of machines filled her ears as she laid there, the humans rushing around her. They were all excited; they saw her as some great science experiment. Rina wanted to explain that she felt the same emotions that they did, but her tongue felt like a heavy weight and she couldn't talk through the oxygen mask. An x-ray machine was brought over and they quickly took x-rays of each part of her body. Next, someone brought over an ultrasound machine; she could feel the probe moving along her soft lower plastron. Hands were touching her…Faces loomed over and they were all talking.

"A female…"

"How lucky. It's an adolescent."

"…one of those we lost…"

"She looks so young…"

"…what if the boys don't take to her?"

"Artificial insemination will work just as well."

"It seems so unnatural though."

"Ironic! She's unnatural."

Rina's eyes widened and her hands clenched into fists. How dare they talk like she wasn't right there under them! She wanted to squirm away from their touch, but she found she was still unable to move very much, so she gave a soft growl instead.

"And what if the egg doesn't take?" Another spoke. "Then what do we do with her?"

"Dispose of her, dissect her, whatever we please," one stated enthusiastically. "We only need her for breeding, anyway."

Rina gulped somewhat, not liking the sounds of their plans at all. She licked her dry lips and tried to think of something - anything - that would get her out of her current predicament.

Back in the Battle Shell, Marie was screaming at her brother to drive faster. "Faster Donnie! Faster!" She screamed. "We hafta save Rina!"

"If I drive any faster, we're going to attract unwanted attention!" Donatello snapped, becoming annoyed with the girl, though he understood perfectly well why she was in such a state.

"You shoulda let Raph drive!" Marie snapped back. "He knows how to drive faster!"

"Marie, shut-up!" Donatello yelled finally, as he jerked the Battle Shell around a sharp corner, causing everyone in the back not holding on to fall over - namely, Marie.

"Dammit!" She growled, managing to get herself back up after a few moments of tumbling around. She held tight to Michaelangelo's hand, as she steadied herself. "You did that on purpose, Donnie!"

"Marie, either leave Donnie alone or I’ll have Raph kick you in the rear again," Leo threatened, not wanting her to harass their brother while he was driving - that could prove disastrous for them all.

"We're here," Donatello announced finally, parking the Battle Shell in a safe, secret location.

"Now, here's the plan," Leo began, yanking Marie back before she could jump out of the Battle Shell. "We stick together and watch each other's back. We don't know how many of them are in there, or just how many have weapons or darts. We have to be extra careful."

"Marie," Raph snorted, receiving a glare from the girl.

"We have to use our stealth and the element of surprise to the very best of our abilities," Leo continued, ignoring the two.

"Marie," Raph said again, earning himself a jab from Michaelangelo of all people.

"Shush Dude, she knows," Mikey told him.

"And if things get too out of control, Marie, you're to get out of there as quick as possible," Leo stated firmly, giving her his stern leader/older brother gaze. "I mean it. I don't want to have to kick your shell myself for not following instructions."

"I'll try," Marie replied. "But I can't make any promises."

"Good enough," Leo nodded. "Now, c'mon!"

Rina had been transferred to where the male turtles were - about seven of them. Only a select few even came close to resembling her at all, as the others mostly just looked like turtles, though they could do some odd human things. And as she listened to the one lab coat woman talk, it turned out some of the boys didn't talk, as they hadn't adapted the ability too. She grunted as she was tossed into a cell, still shackled as she'd been deemed dangerous though unarmed.

Rina lay on the ground for a moment, still feeling out of sorts. Everything hurt and she was tired of being shoved around and talked about as if she couldn't understand what was going on. She noticed that her hands were shaking and she made them into fists. She wasn't weak, dammit! Suddenly a hand touched her shoulder. She jerked back, away from the touch.

"Are you alright?" a gentle, male voice asked.

Squatting in front of her was a mutant turtle that looked very much like herself and her siblings. Like the girls, he had a mop of hair on his head, though his was shaggy and black.

Rina stared at him as he repeated his question, "I said, are you alright?"

She nodded her head slowly, "Yeah."

He smiled a bit, "Good. I thought you might not be able to talk like some of the others."

He knelt down next to her and helped her sit up. She was too startled to stop him. "I'm sorry, but I can't take these off," he said, motioning to the shackles. "I don't have the key."

"S'okay," Rina sighed, leaning her head back against the wall. She guessed that this was who she was supposed to mate with. Oh, she just wanted to be back at the lair… Her head drooped forward onto her knees and she started to cry. To hell with being a kunoichi, she wanted her family!

She was surprised when the male touched her arm and said, "It's okay. You can cry."

Her shoulders shook and she leaned against him, thankful for any friendship in this disgusting place. After a few minutes, she lifted her head and looked at him with searching eyes.

"I'm Catarina," she said, giving a sigh.

"Well, I'm T29," he replied with a shrug of his shoulders.

"That's a terrible name," said Rina, managing to smile a little.

The male smirked, "Can you think of something better?"

"Of course," said Rina, turning her hazel eyes on him. "How about….Rembrandt?"

"Rembrandt…" said the turtle, playing with the sound on his tongue, "Sounds good to me. Better than a letter and some numbers."

Leonardo led the way down the corridors with Donatello giving him directions. Each time they saw a video camera, someone had to strike it down and make it inoperative. Marie was taking special pleasure with this, using her shuriken to break each of the cameras. The team of five hurried down the hallways, trying to stay out of the view of any curious humans. They had only one run-in with a scientist but a simple knock on the head from Raphael had him lying out on the floor, unconscious. After a while, they came to a dead end.

"Donnniiiee!!" said Marie, turning to her brother in purple. "There's nothing here!"

Donatello scowled down at the machine in his hands. "There should be a door here or something," he said, looking up at the wall.

"Well, there ain't!" declared Marie, waving her arms in the air.

"Marie, shh," Leo said, shaking his head at her.

Marie glared back at him and leaned against the wall. A keypad suddenly appeared, its buttons gleaming up at her. "Hey, Donnie, look!" she said, pointing at the keypad.

He grinned and walked towards the keypad. "Hmm, it should be a fairly simple code…"

They all waited impatiently, as Donatello began to type in what he figured would be the code. Finally, the wall opened up to reveal several cells and mutant turtles, not all of them like themselves. Marie darted forward, only to be yanked back by one of her brothers.

"Stealth!" Leo hissed quietly, as they all cautiously entered the room.

"RINA!" Marie exclaimed loudly, upon spotting her sister.

"Dammit! Marie!" Raphael cursed, quickly looking around to see if anyone had heard them.

Rina looked up in surprise at hearing her sister's voice. "Marie?" She called, though not as loud as her sister had been. "Marie!?!"

Marie ran for where her sister's voice came from and froze when she saw her leaning against a male turtle, who looked to be their age.

"Man, we lose yah for a lil' more than an hour, an' already you gotta boyfriend," Marie smirked, though highly relieved to have found her sister. She frowned when she saw that Rina was in shackles. "What did they do to you, Kitty?" She demanded, her eyes narrowing in anger.

Donatello appeared then, and began fiddling with the lock. "Hey Rina," he smiled, as he worked.

"Donnie," Rina breathed a sigh of relief. If Donnie was there as well, it meant her sister hadn't foolishly come alone.

"I was gonna come alone," Marie stated, as if reading her sister's mind. "But Raph kicked some sense into my rear end."

Rina gave a soft laugh, "Only you would have your common sense in your rear."

Marie shrugged, as she nudged Donatello. "Hurry it up!"

"Uh, guys, we got company!" Mikey's voice rang out, as people in lab coats came running from all directions.

"Shit!" Raphael growled, quickly brandishing his sai.

Rembrandt looked shocked, as he watched the two mutant turtles by the door to the cell him and Catarina were in. "There's more of us?" He gasped in surprise.

"No shit, Sherlock," Marie replied, darting a quick glance back to where the others were.

"Donnie! We need you!" Leo's voice rang out, as sounds of a fight could be heard.

"I'm kinda busy, Leo!" Donnie shouted back. "The lock's tricky!"

"I'll go!" Marie piped up, looking eager to go and kick some serious shell.

"No!" Donatello snapped. "You stay here and guard Rina, while I go help them out."

Marie grumbled angrily, kicking the floor somewhat, as Donnie hurried off to help their brothers fight off the lab coat baddies.

"Yanno....." Marie trailed off, after Donnie had left them alone. "This lock looks like a puzzle I did in a toy store once...."

Rina's eyes went wide. "You actually went in a toy store!?" She asked, surprised her sister had been that defiant and daring.

"Yah better believe it," Marie answered, as she eyed the lock a moment before beginning to fiddle with it. "I'ma have you an' yer friend outta here in no time."

"Rembrandt. His name's Rembrandt," Rina informed her, as she listened to the girl picking the lock grumble.

"Which is a whole lot better than T29, if you ask me," Rembrandt smiled.

Marie froze as her head snapped up. "T29?" She repeated, suddenly looking quite fearful. She glanced around quickly, then went back to fighting with the lock, only in much more of a hurry now.

"Marie, what's wrong?" Rina questioned. "Well, other than the obvious."

Marie shook her head, as the door finally opened. "Not important, Rina." She quickly went over to her sister and pulled out the senbon, picking the shackle locks with them. Soon as those locks clicked, she handed the senbon to Rembrandt. "Give her these once she's loose," she told him. "I hafta make sure the coast's clear."

"Well, well, well," another voice spoke. "If it isn't T35."

Marie's eyes went huge as saucers, as she whipped around only to find the man that had been haunting her dreams for the past couple weeks.

"It's nice of you to come back to us," the man smiled. "Now we can impregnate you, as well as your sister, T36."

Marie's eyes narrowed angrily. "You'll do no such thing," she spoke dangerously. "Our brothers will kill you. I'll kill you."

The man laughed. "You are not skilled nor strong enough to kill me, T35. You're foolish to even think it weakling; you're nothing but a freak of nature."

Rina darted a quick look around, noticing their brothers had not come back and they could still be heard fighting out in the hall way. She quickly and secretly took her senbon from Rembrandt, just as her sister flew off the handle.

"Weak? Weak? WEAK!?!?" Marie exploded, charging the man with more fury than ever burning within her. Nobody called her weak and got away with it! No one!

The man was caught off guard as the young turtle crashed into him, sending both of them to the ground.

Marie started to punch him in the face as he tried to throw her off of him. "I'll teach you to laugh at me! Call me weak?! WHY I OUTTA!! DAMN YOU!" she screamed as her fist repeatedly made contact with his head. The man grabbed her wrists and shoved her off, but she came at him again, yelling at the top of her lungs, "I swear I'll make you pay!" Her face was contorted with uncontainable rage as she tackled him again.

Rina and Rembrandt slipped out of their cage, Rembrandt with a supportive arm wrapped around Rina's waist. Rina noticed that while Marie slammed the man with her fist, he was trying to reach into his pocket. He was pulling a cylinder out…a hypodermic needle! Rina steeled herself against her fears and yelled to her sister, "Marie, move off!"

The turtle in the purple and yellow bandanna was too far gone in her rage to pay attention. Rina steadied her shaking hand and flicked one of her senbon through the air. It missed and embedded in his side. He let out a pained shout and grabbed at the senbon, momentarily forgetting about the needle.

"Rina, back off, it's my fight!" Marie yelled, tossing a glare at her sister.

"He's going to stick you, you idiot!" Rina shouted back, furious that Marie wasn't paying her any attention.

"Shut up, I'm gonna finish him!" Marie roared, turning around and grabbing a sai from her belt. All her fear and anger came rushing to the forefront as the man suddenly grinned up at her through his pain.

"What's it like, T35? To feel so helpless and so frustrated and not even know where you came from?" he asked, cocking his head to the side.

"Be quiet! No on wants you to talk!" Marie snarled, bringing her sai down beside his head, burying it in the floor. How dare he even speak to her!

Rina stepped forward, terrified that Marie was going to kill the man. She might have hated him for being a scientist and everything, but they were taught not to take a life. It was a major taboo in their family. Rina took her second senbon in her hand and launched it. This one lodged in one of the man's pressure points and he seized up, frozen.

Marie was confused for a moment then she took another swing at him with her free hand.

Rembrandt glanced at Rina, "What's wrong with her?"

Rina shook her head and walked over to Marie, putting her hand on her sister's shoulder. "Marie, please stop," she said, kneeling down next to her.

Marietta had her sai raised, ready to pierce the scientist and give him the final death blow. She glanced at Rina out of the corner of her eye. Her sister…they had taken her again, they deserved to die! They wanted to do horrible things to herself; they had done horrible things when she was little… Marie's hand clenched around the sai as it hovered above the man's chest. One downward swipe and she'd never have to worry about him again. She could hear Rina talking to her, begging her not to do it. Somehow her sister's calm, tired voice broke through her rage. She saw what she was about to do and she dropped the sai. The metal weapon clattered on the floor and laid there. Marie turned to look at Rina and then fell into her sister's arms. For the second time that night, one of her siblings wrapped their arms around her and let her cry.

Leonardo walked back into the room where he and his brothers had left their sisters. He found an odd scene: Marie was in Rina's arms, crying, while a man in lab coat was gasping for breath nearby, a senbon buried in an area near his collar bone. The male turtle was standing nearby, obviously confused by all the commotion. He went over to his sisters and touched Rina's arms. She looked up at him with such a sad, exhausted expression that he just wanted to grab her and never let anything bad happen to her again.

"Marie's freaking out," she said softly, stroking her sister's head comfortingly.

Leo sighed and looked at the darker turtle girl. She was shivering in her sister's arms, her eyes watching the man lying nearby. "Come on, we've got to get out of here," he said, reaching over and shaking Marie's arm gently.

The turtle in purple and yellow nodded and stood up, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand.

Rina gave her an encouraging half-smile, "Atta girl."

Michelangelo ran into the room, followed by Raphael and Donatello. Mikey went over to Rina and nearly smothered her with her a hug. He buried his head in her hair and held her as close as he could. "God, Rina, I'd think you were trying to give me a heart attack or something," he muttered, holding her as if she'd disappear or something. Though he had tried not to show it, he had been freaking out the entire time she had been gone, worried that they'd get there too late or wouldn't be able to find her.

"Sorry, Mikey, I didn't mean too," she replied.

"Let's go, people, it ain't like we're here to watch the game or somethan!" Raphael snapped, trying to rush them all out of the room.

Leo nodded, "They're probably going to find more people. Out, now!"

As if to increase the urgency, a siren began to ring in the distance. The family headed out the door, but Rina grabbed the door frame as they left, "Rembrandt, you're coming too."

"What?" he asked, staring after them.

"Get a move on it, kid!" yelled Raphael. Rembrandt blinked and then rushed after them, trying his best to keep up with the ninja family. Amazingly, they made it out of the building without too much more trouble and they all piled into the Battle Shell to head back to the lair.