- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Woot! Like I promised I got a chapter in today! with 56 minutes to the 4th! Hope you all have a happy and 4th of July! I'll try and update tomorrow sometime! Enjoy!
*Flashback to day Erin arrived at Lily’s*

“Hi Aunt Emily? It’s Lily.”

“Hi dear. Please tell me she’s there.” She said frantically always thinking the worst.

“Yes she is. She’s safe and sound. Right now I’m getting ready for work and she’s in the spare room.” She knew they would worry about Erin so she called them and told them about the email. She also knew that they were going to try and prevent her from leaving as well. ‘Should I tell her how pale she looked when she got off the bus?’ she thought to herself. Her thoughts were interrupted by her aunt’s voice.

“I’m sorry Aunt Emily, but what did you say?” she blushed in embarrassment.

“That’s ok dear. I asked if you are you taking Erin to work with you?” she said patiently.

“No. But don’t worry she’ll be safe. I promise. She’ll be next door with my neighbor. You remember that family I told you about? The one that always looks out for me and insures that I am safe?”

“Yes. But are you-“

“They don’t mind. In fact when I told Bob and Ginger the situation they said they’d be happy to keep an eye on her. Plus they have 2 kids her age, they’re twins. So it’s not a problem at all.” Lily knew what her Aunt was going to say. So she just got to the point.

“If they’re sure.” Emily said skeptically. She trusted her niece and her judgment greatly, otherwise she wouldn’t be letting Erin stay there under her care.

“They are, but I have to get going if I’m going to be at work on time. If there is a problem I’ll let you know! Love you!”

“Love you too. Give Erin our love.”

“Of course I will! Bye now.”

“Bye.”
*End of flashback*


~ 2 days later ~

For the last two days Erin had been spending time with both Aaron and Angel. Mostly Angel though because Aaron was busy with his own music. She had become quite surprised she hadn’t seen any missing person’s ads or flyers around. She thought for sure her parents would’ve called in the National Guard the second they found out she wasn’t at school. She shrugged it off and began to have fun shopping with Angel. She was also starting to have feelings towards Aaron, but those weren’t the only feelings she’d been having.

She’s been feeling really unlike herself. Every now and then for a spilt second she’d feel like she would faint or pass out. She may not have told anyone about it, but someone does know something isn’t right.

“Hey Angel, what do you think of this shirt?” Erin asked holding up a navy blue tank top with a gem stone design. Angel stopped sifting through a rack of clothes to look.

“Aww that’s really cute! What do you think of this?” she held up a white denim skirt.

Erin thought a minute, went over to another rack and pulled out a shirt.

“That would look great with this” Erin said handing Angel the shirt.

Angel put them both together and said “You’re right! I think I’m going to get this! Thank you” she said giving Erin a hug. Erin just laughed.

After leaving the store with her bag in hand, Erin didn’t decide to buy anything, Angel said “I’m hungry let’s head to the food court.”

They didn’t make it 5 feet before Erin started to sway. Angel caught her and led her to a bench nearby.

“Are you ok? Oh my God! Do I need to call an ambulance? Take you to the hospital?” Angel said frantically.

Taking a deep breath Erin said “I’m ok. I think it’s cos I’m hungry too.” She gave the best smile she could muster before continuing, “Please don’t tell Lily, I don’t need her to worry. I probably shouldn’t have skipped breakfast.”
“Ok I won’t. Are you sure you’ll be ok?” Angel asked worry written all over her face.

“Yea I’m sure.”

“Ok let’s get some food.” Angel helped Erin up and they went to eat.

~ Back at Angel’s house a few hours later ~

“Oh my God Aaron! I was so scared. I thought something was really wrong.” Angel told her brother. Erin went back to Lily’s house after they got back from the mall, and the instant she saw her brother she told him everything that happened. “She said she didn’t eat breakfast today and that it happened because she was hungry. I don’t buy it at all because she ate breakfast over here this morning. Plus, I’ve never seen that happen after missing just one meal.”

“I hope she’s alright. Didn’t dad say she was in an accident this summer?” Aaron asked trying to piece the information together.

“Yea. You don’t think she’s bulimic or anything do you? I don’t want to jump to conclusions, but could it be a possibility?”

“Some how I doubt that.” Angel looked at him with a weird look on her face. “She hasn’t been looking to well for the past two and a half days. I don’t know how to explain it…”

“And how would you come to that conclusion?”

“I heard Lily tell dad that when she picked her up she looked pale and clammy. She said she was worried that she exerted herself when trying to get here or something like that. She was also saying something about how she’s afraid to tell her aunt that.”

“Aaron Charles Carter!”

“What?!”

“You know better then to eavesdrop!” Angel scolded.

“I wasn’t really planning on it. It just happened…” he said with a slight blush.

“Yea sure. But what are we going to do?” Angel asked.