- Text Size +
~ Friday Night in Houston~

AJ sat in the guys’ dressing room a nervous wreck. He was so nervous he was nearly making himself sick.

“Dude will you calm down. It’s not like this is your first time performing.” said an annoyed Nick.

“I can’t help the fact that I’m nervous Nickolas.” he said giving Nick a glare.

“Why are you nervous?” asked Kevin who figured he better get to the bottom of what was going on before the two youngest members killed each other.

“This is my first show back after getting out of rehab. I don’t know what’s going to happen.”

“Well that’s all part of the business though. We never what will happen at any time. Our job is one of the most unpredictable ones” said Brian. AJ just looked at him.

Howie smacked Brian in the back of the head causing him to yelp.

“What was that for?!” yelled Brian.

Howie sighed then said, “What I’m sure Brian meant was that our fans are with us no matter what. If they didn’t respect you and didn’t care about you then why would so many fans write letters and do so many things that took time and effort?”

“I don’t know” AJ said quietly.

“Don’t worry about tonight, ok? It’s going to be a great show and they’re all going to be so happy to see you back” Brian added.

“I hope you’re right” AJ said.

“Well look on the bright side, if they don’t like ya anymore they’ll just throw tomatoes at you” Nick said smiling.

Everyone just gave him a weird and confused look.

“What?” he asked innocently.

“Tomatoes? Nick seriously now stop playing around and be supportive here” scolded Kevin.

“Really! I heard one of the security guards talking about how people have been coming in with them.”

“Nick so help me God if I get hit with any tomato and I find out you’re the cause behind it you won’t live to see September!” AJ threatened through gritted teeth.

“Alright enough you too.” Kevin said rubbing his temples. ‘This is going to be a long night’ he thought to himself.

~ Showtime ~

The guys went out and performed their first two songs; “Everyone” and “Larger than Life.” The crowd was great so far and was giving them the energy that they were hoping for. After a few more songs passed by Brian came out alone on stage.

“Hello everyone!” he said in a sing-song voice. Everyone screamed. “How’s everyone doing tonight?” *more screams* “Well there is someone here who would like to talk to you. So I’m going to bring him up. Is that alright with everyone?” *everyone screamed again* “Alright Alex, they’re all yours! I hope y’all enjoy the rest of the show!” Brian patted AJ’s shoulder before he continued off stage.

“Hello Houston!” he shouted. “I’m really glad that you all are here tonight, and that I’m here tonight. I’m 35 days sober.” *everyone screamed* “I wanted to come up here and thank all of you guys for all of your support and kind words of encouragement. I’m glad that you all didn’t give up on me when I went into rehab. Honestly I was afraid of tonight. I was afraid of the response that you’d have. You know what they say is true; the Backstreet fans are without a doubt the BEST fans in the world! Without your support there would be no Backstreet Boys. Thank you! Enjoy the rest of the show! Keep the Backstreet Pride Alive!”
Everyone cheered and screamed as he left the stage, but he went running back on. “WAIT! I have a question for you all. Do ANY of you have tomatoes?” Everyone just looked around confused. “Ok good. Bye now!” The fans just started laughing at his goofiness.

All the guys were standing in their quick change area listening. After hearing AJ ask about tomatoes Kevin looked at Nick who was smiling from ear to ear.
“Look Carter whatever you’re up to you better quit it. And I mean it!”

“I got what I wanted” he smiled.

“That felt really good guys! You ready to go back out?” AJ asked as he came back to the quick change area.

“Cause I want it that way”

“Good Night Houston!”

They just finished singing their last song of the night, and said goodbye before hurrying off stage to their awaiting buses. The rest of the show went by smoothly. Although Kevin had his suspicions on high guard with Nick and his tomatoes. After the show they all went out to eat and celebrate.