- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey everyone I'm sorry I haven't updated in a long time. There's been problems with some members in my family (LONG story). But as a way to make it up to you I'm putting up 2 chapters! Thank you for bearing with me, as things have gotten hectic.
Three days have past since their first show in Houston. So far all of the fans have been phenomenal according to AJ, who is quite grateful to be received so well after being in rehab. The boys were now in Phoenix, Arizona for a show the next day, then heading off to L.A.

“Hey Bone, how you doing?” asked Brian when he saw AJ in the hallway of their hotel.

“Hey Rok, I’m doing pretty good. How’s everything going with you and Leigh? Any sign of a nephew or niece any time soon?” he asked wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

“Is that all you ever think about?” he said rolling his eyes.

“No. I just want to be the uncle that spoils them rotten” he said with an evil look in his eyes “plus I’m an only child remember.”

“Oh Lord, are we in trouble the minute you become an uncle. Leigh and I are doing fine.”

“Did I hear right? AJ being an uncle?” asked Howie who stepped out of his room to join the party.

“It’d be more like a monkey’s uncle, I’d imagine” Kevin said with a straight face.

“Look whose talking old man! I take strong offense to that!” AJ exclaimed. The rest of the guys broke out laughing.

“Did I miss something?” asked a very confused Nick who came out of his room scratching his head and looking from the guys to a pouting AJ. This caused all of them, including AJ, to start laughing harder.

After finally catching his breath Howie said, “Kevin, I think you’re wrong”

“About what?” asked Kevin.

“Nick is more of a monkey’s uncle then AJ. He’ll be the one I worry most about with kids!” Nick just stood there with his arms crossed and a shocked look on his face.

“Fine. I can see when I’m NOT wanted” he said pretending to cry and be hurt by the comment.

“Jeez Nick we were only messing around” said Brian.

“I know.” He replied simply.

“I don’t know about you guys, but I’m bored as hell. I hate being stuck in hotels and its way to damn hot to go outside and go swimming!” said AJ.

“We could go bowling.” Howie suggested.

“Yeah and where, Mr. Genius, do you suppose there’s one at?” Nick said sarcastically. Howie spun Nick around and pushed him towards the window at the end of the hallway, with Nick fighting the whole 6 feet.

“Right there” Howie said pointing across the street at the bowling alley. He saw it when they arrived at the hotel.

“So…anyone up for bowling?” Nick said in a sweet manor, which made Howie roll his eyes at Nick for his sudden change of heart.

“Oh darn, I would but I forgot to pack my bowling shoes. I think I’ll just go watch a movie or something. Bye guys!” Everyone looked in the direction Kevin just ran off in puzzled. They were all to suspicious of what he was really up to.

“Wait, why can’t he just rent a pair?” asked Nick. Brian smacked him in the back of the head. “OW! THAT HURT!”

“Leave in 10 minutes?” asked Brian who was on his way back to his room.

“Yea” they all replied, and Nick was still rubbing the back of his head.

“First Howie, and then Brian…man do I have a sign that says ‘pick on Nick today’” he mumbled to himself.

~At the bowling Alley~

“How about me and Bri versus you two? Or everyman for himself?” AJ asked Howie and Nick.

“Well for one you and Brian together wouldn’t be fair so if you want to do team you two have to split up!” Howie told AJ, which reminded AJ of the way Kevin delegates them. AJ chuckled.

“Yea J that wouldn’t be fair putting us together, and it wouldn’t be fair going individually.” Added Brian.

“Yea cos we’d whip them no matter what” AJ whispered.

“I heard that!” exclaimed a quiet Nick.

“Heard what?” AJ asked angel like.

“Ok moving on. How about me and Nick versus you two?” Brian suggested.

“Sounds fair.” They replied in unison.

Halfway through the first game AJ and Howie were losing by only 1 strike to Nick and Brian. When it was Nick’s turn to bowl his cell phone rang. Nick looked at his caller ID on his phone.

“I’ll be back play with out me.” Nick clicked the talk button and headed out into the scorching sun.

“Hey Aaron! What’s up? Long time no talk.” He greeted his little brother.

“Tour has been good so far. Scared AJ on his first show back. Dude it was so hilarious I wish you could’ve seen it!”

“I told him that if the fans didn’t like him they’d throw tomatoes at him and led him to believe that they were given tomatoes. He actually asked the fans if they had any tomatoes. It was great! But how are you doing? What’s on your mind?” he asked sensing that there was something bothering his brother.

“Oh and you like her” Nick said in a baby voice interrupting Aaron.


“I’m sorry Aaron. I’m listening. Go ahead” he said immediately feeling bad.

“Wow.” Nick could hear his brother sniffling. “Ok first off just tell her you’re there for her. Let her know that if there is something seriously wrong, and she doesn’t have it checked out as soon as possible, the issue could be a lot worse. Offer to take her to the doctor, and see what happens, or both of you just drive there and then explain what you’re doing. Reinforce the idea that her parents care about her, and that they probably know that she is with a family member so they are sure she’s safe. Suggest that they are giving her a bit of space. Wait…isn’t she in school?” Nick could tell that his brother really cares about this girl, and whether or not he admits it, he does have some bit of feelings for her. Nick has never heard or seen his brother get this worked up over any girl before.

“You never know unless you try, and that could be a potential solution too.” Nick paused looking up when he heard the door to the bowling alley open. “You try that then let me know how that works out. I’m always here for ya.”

“Nah, you don’t need any luck, you’re AC! Love ya little bro”

“Bye.” Nick said hanging up the phone smiling.

“Hey Nick! We beat them!” Brian smiled happily.

“Yea we got beat by 1 person” grumbled a pissed off AJ.

“Hey I helped out for half of the game.” Nick defended himself.

“Is Aaron alright?” asked Howie. “You were gone for a while”

“Yea. Him and Angel are worried about my dad’s neighbor’s cousin. Plus I think he likes her too.”

“What’s wrong?” asked AJ concerned and not worrying about the game anymore.

“I don’t know, but he’s going to keep me updated.”

“We better get back before security blows a gasket” said Howie “and we really don’t want that happening.”