- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Oh I've been thinking about the time line, and decided that I'm not going to put the real events I use in this story in the actual time frame that they happened. I'll explain later :-)
*From Aaron’s viewpoint*

Aaron got up that morning, ok well that afternoon seeing as he slept in a bit too long, and looked out his window. He could see Erin sitting out in Lily’s back yard. His mind raced with thoughts of worry and of something he couldn’t quite figure out. He decided to call his big brother, who could help him with anything. He walked over to his nightstand picked up his phone and dialed Nick’s number.

“Hey Nick. Yea it has been a long time. How’s the tour going?” Aaron asked

“Really what’d you do to him?”

“Well you know dad’s new neighbor? Well she has a cousin whose mine and Angel’s age”

“You know what never mind forget it! This is serious and all you can do is make jokes!” He said annoyed at the fact that Nick said he was crushing on her.

“Angel and I are both really worried about her. She came here, to Lily’s, to get away from her parents. She sort of ran away, but according to Lily they know where she’s at so they wouldn’t call the police. I guess since she’s gotten out of the hospital, reason for being in I don’t know, her parents have been treating her like a baby, who can’t go or do anything anywhere. When she first got here she looked like she wasn’t feeling well, and Angel and I both think that whatever’s wrong is getting worse. I confronted her about it a few days ago and she nearly snapped my head off. I’m so worried about her, and I really want her to open up and clue me in so I can help. She won’t even tell her cousin. I asked her if she’s talked to her parents to let them know she’s ok, and she said she doesn’t want to. She also thinks that they don’t miss her cos she hasn’t seen anything in the news about her missing.” Aaron was close to tears at this point. “What do I do Nick? Angel and I have no idea. We can’t tell dad cos he’ll tell Lily and…” Aaron was close to loosing it at this point.

“Yea she’s in school. I guess she’s going to have about a week’s worth of absences, and hopefully not more. Do you think that’ll work? Maybe I could just drive her home. She lives like 4 hours away.” Aaron rambled.

“I know. I let you know how things go. Wish me luck.” He said sighing.

“Love you too Nick. Thanks” Aaron said smiling. “I’ll talk to you later. Bye.”

Surprisingly he felt somewhat better after talking to his brother. He took a deep breath, got dressed and went to Lily’s.

*End of Aaron’s point of view*

“Hi Lily. Is Erin around?” he asked already knowing the answer.

“Hey. Yea she’s in the back want me to get her for you?” she asked smiling at him.
“No,” Lily looked a bit confused “I wanted to ask you something first.”

“Go ahead. I’m all ears”

“Would it be alright if I took her out to a late lunch early dinner and a movie or something cos I really need to talk to her about some thing.”

“And you were hoping that would help lessen the blow?” she asked somewhat amused.

“Well…kind of. Where does she like to eat at?” he blushed.

“She likes just about everything except seafood. You’re best bet though would be to go and some pizza and ice cream. She’s a simple kind of girl.”

“Thanks. Is alright if I go back there?” he said smiling, though his insides were twisted into knots.

“Go on you little goober” Lily said while shaking her head. “He is too good to her” she said to herself.

Meanwhile in the backyard, Erin was laying on a chair sunbathing and reading a book that she was so wrapped up in that she didn’t hear the sliding door open. Aaron noticed that she wasn’t paying attention to her surroundings so stealthy went over to the hose and turned it on hitting her in her feet so as not to get the book wet. She screamed and looked up in time to see Aaron come at her picking her up. He laughed mischievously and carried her into the house and up to her room. Lily looked at the scene before her and laughed.

Once upstairs Aaron threw her gently on the bed so she lying on her back.

“That was not very nice mister!” Erin scolded playfully.

“You’re right my dear, and as punishment I should take you out for something to eat and a movie, and I have to pay for it ALL”

Erin frowned hurt by what Aaron had said. ‘A punishment is being with me’ she thought to herself.

“I’ll leave so you can get changed.” He bounded out of the room smiling.

Erin felt like crying. “Why is it that every guy I start to like, doesn’t want to take me out because they want to? Why do I even bother with guys, especially him?” she started to sob into her pillow. As Lily was walking to hers she heard Erin faintly crying. Wondering what was going on she opened the door and walked in.

“Erin sweetie what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” her voice so full of concern.

“Nothing. I don’t feel like going out with Aaron. Can you tell him for me please?”

“Yes, but why don’t you?”

“I’m just not up to it”

“Ok if you’re sure.”

“I am” she turned over on her other side. Lily got up and left to go tell Aaron.

“Aaron, Erin’s not up to going out. Did you two argue or something?” Lily said to Aaron.

“No, why what’s wrong?” he was getting scared that something was going to happen to her.

“I don’t know. Maybe it’s just female stuff going on. Why don’t you try coming by later tonight or in the morning.”

“Ok” he said sadly.

“I’m sorry honey” Lily said sympathetically.