- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's another update! I think I'm slowly getting back into it with this story :-)
Please Please review! It'll help keep me motivated to write more :-)
~ 2 weeks later ~

The boys finally were able to have a couple of days off from their tour. By now it was mid September, and they were in Seattle. It was pouring cats and dogs so there wasn’t much to do except stay in the hotel and chill.

They all decided to watch a movie in Kevin’s room and were almost through when Alex’s phone began to vibrate.

“Hello?” he answered. All the guys turned to look at him so he went out into the hall.

“Hello, is this Mr. McLean?” the voice asked in a happy chirpy voice.

“Yes. Who’s this?”

“Hi Mr. McLean. This is Cynthia Sherwood. I am one of the producers for Oprah’s show. How are you doing today?”

“Oh Hi” he said confused as to why she would be calling him. “I’m doing great thank you for asking, but please call me Alex I’m not that old for the Mr. McLean stuff yet” She chuckled at his comment.

“Well Mr. er- I mean Alex” she blushed at her error “I am calling you because we would like to invite you on the show when the tour is over to talk about what you went through. We have received many letters and emails addressing your situation, all positive I might add, and thought it’d be great to hear your story. That is if you don’t mind.”

“Really? People have been writing to you.” he said with a small smile on his face.

“Yes because they want you on the show, and I couldn’t agree more with them.”

“I’d love to. If my experience will help people then I’m all for it.” He said getting excited.

“We’d love it if your mom were to join you so we can that parental side as well.”
“I’m sure she’d be more then willing to come too. When would you want us to be there?”

“Well according to the tour schedule that we have *she laughed lightly* your tour ends in about a month, right?”

“Yes it does.”

“Alright, let’s see. They said they’d want to devote a whole show about it. Ummm” she said as she was looking through the days of when they’d be scheduled to do what on the show “how about in the beginning of December? I don’t have a final date yet, but when I know for sure I can let you know”

“That’d be great. I don’t have anything planned, and I think the guys and I are going to be taking a small break from recording for a while so it should be no problem.” he said while scratching his head.

“Alright then Alex. I’ll call you in a few weeks to work out some of the details.”

“Sounds good.”

“Thank you so much for being willing to come on.”

“The pleasure is all mine, thank you for inviting me.”

“Talk to you in a few weeks. Bye”

“Bye” he replied and hung up his phone before venturing off to go and tell his mom.

~In Alex’s mom’s room 30 minutes later~

“Oh Alex that’s wonderful.” she beamed as she hugged her son. He had just finished telling her about the conversation that he had with the producer.

“Yea I’m really excited about it. I think it’d be good for me ya know?”