- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is kind of short compared to what I've been writing because it's only 826 words. I wanted to create a little suspense at the end :-D
The next morning Erin awoke and smiled that today was the day she would gain just an ounce of the freedom that she so desperately wanted back. Not that her parents never cared about where she was, what she was doing, or who she was with because they did. But after the accident everything she was allowed to do she couldn’t do now. Her parents felt much safer knowing that she was them at all times, well except for school of course. She climbed out of bed, pulled on her Captain Jack Sparrow t-shirt along with a pair of jeans. She quickly pulled her semi-long hair into a pony tail and brushed her teeth. On her way out she grabbed her back pack and duffle bag.

“Good morning sweetheart! Did you sleep well?” her father asked.

“Yea. Where’s mom at?”

“She got called into work early. She wasn’t really happy about it though.”

“I can imagine.”

“Are you ready for school?”

“Yep. Are you taking me?”

“Of course! Now Erin I hope you are not planning on playing any sport while you’re at school.” he asked while noticing the duffle bag that she was carrying.

She looked down at her duffle bag. “Oh no these are clothes for Lindsey. I borrowed some from her and I’m taking them back to her.”

“Well I can drop them off at her house after I drop you off.”

“No that’s ok dad she’d be mad at me if I didn’t bring them with me. You know how crazy she is” Erin laughed.

“If you insist.” he said unsure of what she was telling him.

“You know she really can’t complain much to you so I’ll just take them.”

‘Shit! What am I going to do?’ she thought to herself. “Well it’s got mostly her workout clothes in it that she lent me at times I forgot something. She wants to put them in her gym locker at school so she has them. I already washed them cos it’d be wrong to give a person back their clothes and they aren’t even clean.” ‘Damn am I an idiot or what?!’ she thought.

“True. As long as you aren’t lugging them around all day. I suppose.”

“We better get going before I’m late for school.”

Erin had a look of relief that she got past her dad.

“Well let’s go then.”

~ 10 minutes later ~

“Have a good day today honey. I’ll see you after school. Most likely it’ll be me picking you up.” her dad told her.

“Ok dad I’ll try. See you later!” she said before turning around and mumbling to herself “Or not cos I won’t be here”

She stopped and looked at her watch. “It’s 7:30 that gives me about 20 minutes to get to the bus station on time” She quickly made her way towards the back of the school, which would be her best escape route. She was almost there when she looked at saw her father’s black SUV. ‘Shit! What am I going to do now??” she thought to herself. ‘I don’t think he saw me. Maybe I’ll try another route.’

She then made a dash for the west side of campus. She wanted to avoid all major roads at all possible because that would put her at risk of being seen or worse caught. She looked at her watch. It was 7:37, which gave her 13 minutes to make her bus. As she approached the West entrance of campus she did a double take because she thought she saw her mother’s car. ‘Ok now I know I’m being paranoid!’ she thought ‘There’s no possible way that she can be here if she’s at work across town!’ The car started coming closer to where she was. As it came closer she ducked behind a parked car. That’s when she got a better look at the driver in the car. It was her mother. “Shit!” she said out loud.

Then she noticed that her mother was driving further into the parking lot. She quickly headed straight for the nearest side street. She got a few houses down and decided that it was too much work for her to have to carry her duffle bag. She grabbed out a few pair of clothes and shoved them into her backpack making a note as to where she was hiding her bag at so Lindsey could go and get it later. She glanced at her watch. She had 8 minutes to make the bus. If she didn’t make it then surely she’d be caught and would land herself in major trouble. Though she doesn’t know what her parents could do to make her life worse than it already is.

She quickly started running towards the bus station as fast as should. She had to catch that bus she just had to. As she got closer to the bus station a car pulled up along side of her.