- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So sorry it's taken me forever to update! I started an econ class and I had a touch of writer's block. :-D

Thanks Ashley for 'yelling' at me to update lol
~ 2 days later ~

AJ walked onto his home for the next 3 ½ breathing in the familiar smell. “Hey Tom!” he greeted his bus driver.

“Glad to see your back and lookin better then ever” Tom said.

“Why Tom are you hitting on lil ole me?” he asked with a high pitched southern accent, and making hand motions that imitated some of his fans. Both men laughed.

“No I’m not. I can see that you’re back to your smart ass ways again. But I meant health wise, duh!” he laughed a little. “Just because you’re famous doesn’t mean we’re all in love with you.” He added with a serious look.

“Are you saying that you” *sniffle sniffle* “don’t love me anymore” he exasperated putting his hand up to his mouth to ‘keep’ himself from crying. At this moment Denise walked on because she would be joining him to keep him company for awhile.

“Not even on here for 5 minutes and you’re already making him cry Tom! Good job! “She said with sarcasm. “And you.” She said looking at AJ “Already getting him in trouble” AJ just stared at her sticking out his bottom lip. “Oh for Christ’s sake Alex put that lip back in or I’ll rip it off.”

“But then how will I sing….or talk?!?” he said playing along.

“Well I can definitely say one thing.” said Tom. “It’ll be very VERY quiet on the bus.” Tom sat a moment pretending to think. “Maybe you should do it anyway for our own peace of mind.”

“I think you’re right Tom” she said winking at him. “Alex, darling come here” she said with sweetness pouring out in her voice.

“No, no, no that’s ok I like my lips fully intact thank you very much. Plus how would I be able to kiss a girl, or make babies? Mom I know how much you want grandkids. You won’t get any if I don’t have my lips.” He tried to reason.

Tom laughed at the comment.

“Alex, I said your lip NOT you private part! CLEAN YOUR EARS!!!” This sent Tom into a fit of laughter.

“My ears ARE clean.”

“Besides I’d only take one lip not both, so come here!” she said pretending to lunge at him.

“Hey hey HEY! Not fair!!”

“Life isn’t always fair, you of all people should know that.”

“Is everything all set on here?” Lenny their tour manager asked. He always liked to do last minute checks with everyone before they left to go anywhere. His motto is that you never know when something can or will go wrong, and it’s always necessary to make sure that one is over prepared rather that not prepared at all. When he first became the boys’ tour manager he helped develop safety plans in case any emergency arose.

“We’re all good to go Lenny” said Tom.

“Alright we should be pulling out in 5 minutes. So get situated, relax, and enjoy the trip to Houston.” he said starting to leave the bus.

“Lenny.” he stopped and looked at AJ. “How long till we get there?”

“We should be getting there sometime tomorrow afternoon. Don’t worry when we get there you’ll have lunch and rehearse for the show that’s on Friday. Anything else you need while I’m here?”

“Cool. Thanks, but I think that’s it.”

“Well if you need anything while we’re on the road just give a buzz on my phone.”

“Alright, will do!”

With that Lenny stepped off the bus to go and ensure that other things were in order and ready to go before they departed.

~ 5 hours later ~

“Moooommm!” AJ whined. “I’m bored. AND hungry!”

Denise just rolled her eyes at her son. Alex there is food in the fridge and in the cupboards. Go get something from there. As for your boredom put in a movie that we can enjoy until we stop. You know I think we have popcorn too!”

“But I want McDonald’s!”

“You know I should really look into seeing if they have a rehab for people who are addicted to McDonald’s because it sure isn’t good for you.” She said half jokingly half seriously.

“That’d be the best place ever!!” he said enthusiastically.

“Alex it’d mean you’d have to give up eating it.”

“I know, I was trying to use some reverse psychology.” He grinned.

Denise just sighed and rolled her eyes. “Fine. Then starve. We aren’t stopping for another 2 hours. In the mean time since you don’t want to watch a movie, I’m going to go lie down and get rid of this headache.”

“Well you won’t get rid of it.” AJ said with complete seriousness in his voice.

“And why not?” she asked curiously arching her eyebrow.

“Because I’m never ever going to go away.” He grinned and walked to the front of the bus.

“Oh brother!” Denise said shaking her head and walking to her bunk.