- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So I'm starting another story (probably a mistake) but I really like where this one is going. The usual, read & review. I write more when I receive more reviews, just an FYI. :] Hope you enjoy!

Oh! And it's R because of language, right now. It might change later on down the road for sexual scenes or whatever, but I'll try to give ya'll a heads up before :]

Reminder: This is just a prologue, therefore it's shorter. The italicized text is a flashback.
Mr. and Mrs. Jonathan Hughes
Announce the marriage
Of their daughter,
Amanda Rose
To
Nickolas Gene Carter
On Saturday, the fourth of August
Two Thousand and Seven
Sacred Heart Catholic Church
Tampa, Florida


Three months. Sure, it’s a long time, but what can change for a person in three months? Not much, right? I mean, my trip to Zimbabwe was a three month endeavor and I had definitely missed my friends and family. Everything seemed as though it hadn’t changed much, but I hadn’t even landed back home yet. I mean, what could really change in three months? Over my time span in Africa I had realized a lot of things. After seeing people die daily from a disease like AIDS or from hunger I had realized just how short life was. And with that realization came my confession of love for a close friend. He had always been there for me and I had finally realized that I, too, loved him just as much as he loved me.

Why the hell is that a bad thing, Sar? I’m admitting that I love you, dammit!” Nick sputtered out of anger and threw a pillow from my full sized bed across the room, smacking against the window.

I sighed heavily with tears threatening to pour out any second. I folded the last of my clothes into the oversized suitcase and wiped at my eyes hastily before turning to him. “Thank you, Nick.” I mumbled.

“Thank you?!” He spat back. “Are you fucking kidding me, Sarah? I tell you something like this and you say thank you?” He shook his head and ran his fingers through his blonde untidy hair. “I’m sorry…I don’t want you to be pissed at me before you leave…it’s just…I don’t understand.”

“I know,” I mumbled and quickly pulled my shoulder length light brown wavy hair up into a high pony tail. “I get it, okay? And you know I love you, Nicky. You’re my best friend. I just…I can’t commit to you right now. Listen, Africa is my top priority right now. I want to help these people.”

A small smile finally graced Nick’s lips and he walked over to me to wrap his arms around me. “That’s why I love you. You put other people in front of yourself always. You’re amazing.”

I tried to hide my blush in the crook of Nick’s neck. I managed a small smile. “But listen. I’m going to be gone for three months. I don’t want you waiting for me to come back, okay? When I get back, we’ll see where we’re standing and then we’ll decide where we want to go from here or whatever…”

Nick sighed, unsure if he wanted to agree to my decision. I gave him a small pout, hoping it would entice him to comply. “Fine,” he muttered and rolled his eyes. “I’m gonna miss the hell out of you…”

“Good,” I smiled, trying to break the ice. “Maybe you’ll see how I felt every time you deserted my ass whenever you went on tour.” I winked and he just laughed.


God, I hoped our feelings hadn’t changed. I knew mine hadn’t. Instead, my feelings for Nick Carter had grown so much I couldn’t wait to see him to tell him just how much I loved him.