- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So, since tomorrow's the 4th of July, I don't have classes!! Therfore, I don't have to stay up till the wee hours of the morning studying -- instead I can stay up WRITING, lol. Here's an update. I'm going to update YAPOMN next, and then we'll see if I can update once more tonight. Reviews make the world go 'round!
Fiancée. That word stung almost as if he had slapped me himself. I had been polite, but quickly excused myself. I hadn’t seen my sisters since I had been there and figured that was as good enough an excuse as any to disappear. I hid my emotion until I reached the bathroom. Then I lost it.

“Sarah?” I heard Andrea knock outside the door. “Babe, I saw everything. Come on, let me in.”

“You knew, didn’t you?” I tried to whisper through my sobs. “God damn you! You knew he was with her and you didn’t say a fucking thing!”

“Honey, I tried to tell you!” She tried to defend herself. “I really wanted to but I knew it wasn’t my place. Come on, please let me in?” I didn’t want to. I knew I was almost as pissed at her as I was Nick. But she was there to console me and be my comfort. I had no other choice. I unlocked the door and let her in. “I really am sorry.” She whispered as she closed the door behind her and pulled me close for a hug.

“T-The sad thing is,” I hiccupped through a sob. “I knew this w-would happen. He’s Nick fucking Carter.” I mumbled through sobs. Andrea soothingly ran her fingers through my hair. “S-She’s like a walking Barbie. I knew it. I-I knew he wanted more than a pudgy, dirty hair virgin like me.” Andrea suddenly pushed me off of her chest so she could look me in the eye.

“Who the hell told you that you were a pudgy, dirty hair virgin?” She asked seriously. I hiccupped back another sob and shrugged.

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m not a skinny stick Barbie. My hair isn’t platinum, it’s ‘dirty blonde’. And I’m a virgin, for Christ’s sake,” I muttered unhappily. Andrea shook her head and sighed.

“You are beautiful, Sar. Your hair? I would die for it. You have these crazy waves in it that girls like me pay money for. I have stick straight red hair that you can’t do a damn thing with. You are not fucking pudgy. That girl? She’s eating-disorder-skinny. And that’s scary,” Andrea smirked. She was making me smile. She was always good at that. “And the virgin part? Honey, no offense or anything, but I’ve been with a good…handful…of guys,” she smirked as she tried to pick the right word to say. “And let’s just say I know what guys like…and guys like virgins. Besides, who wants to just give that away? Trust me. It’s not worth it.” She shook her head and wiped a tear from my cheek.

“T-Thanks, Andy,” I sighed and hugged her again. I had finally started to calm down, but the idea of Nick getting married still made my stomach churn.

“Okay. Now, you stay here. I’m going to run upstairs and find your make-up to fix you up a bit. And possibly try to find your sisters. They were almost as pissed about this whole thing as you when they found out,” she sighed and quickly disappeared.

Engaged. Nick Carter, engaged? Who the hell would have thought that one up? I know I hadn’t. The only time I had ever thought Nick would be engaged would be if it were to me. I hadn’t even allowed that thought to cross my mind until a week into my Africa trip. I watched my reflection in the mirror. Why had he moved on so quickly? Nick was never the committed type when it came to relationships. Ever since his Paris Hilton days, he hadn’t really had a steady relationship. He was more of a once in a lifetime kinda guy.

“Knock, knock,” Andrea sighed and opened the door slowly so no one would notice anything suspicious. “I didn’t want to bring your sisters in here right now…it would look a little weird.” She smiled. “But they are waiting upstairs. So after I’m done beautifying you, be sure to go say hello.” I loved how she could be vulgar and a typical twenty-four-year-old one minute, and then a wise, mature woman the next.

“Okay,” I sighed as she took the concealer and began to work on my face. “Can you at least tell me the story of how this happened?” I mumbled and opened my eyes to look at her.

She sighed and I watched her look away for a minute, then look back. “I-I don’t know, Sarah…”

“I’d rather hear it from you than from him,” I whispered, not allowing any more tears to fall down my face. She nodded and continued to rub in the concealer.

“Fine,” she mumbled. “Well, a few days after you left, Nick called. He was pretty bummed that you were gone and asked me if I was interested in finding a club somewhere around here to go and chill for a little while. I went, along with Casey and her boyfriend.” She referred to my twenty-two-year-old sister, Casey. “Well, we went to this new place in Tampa…honestly, I don’t remember the name of it. Nick got insanely wasted and…well…he left with her.” Even Andrea sounded disgusted just saying his name.

“You mean, they went home together?” I swallowed to try and moisten my throat. She just nodded. “How many days had I been gone?”

“Three? Four, maybe?” She sighed. “I am in no way trying to defend him, Sar. I just want you to know…it was really hard on him. You know how he handles difficult situations – he turns to alcohol and sex.”

“But did he not realize it was hard on me every time he disappeared on tour?” I tried to keep my voice level, but it was very difficult. The tears resurfaced and I couldn’t control it anymore.

“Oh, honey, please don’t cry,” Andrea muttered, tears forming in her own eyes. “I knew this was a bad idea.” She muttered. “Listen, you should really try to steal him away and talk to him.”

“Not when I’m like this. I think I’d rather just avoid him for the rest of eternity,” I pouted and wiped away the tears from the corners of my eyes. “Seriously. He is such an asshole to show up here with her. Who does that? We never really ended things. We just agreed that we’d discuss it once I got back.”

“I understand,” she nodded. “I really do. But you can’t avoid him forever. You need to get this resolved.”

I didn’t want to resolve shit with Nick Carter. He was an asshole, he obviously lied when he said he loved me, end of story. But somehow I knew that wasn’t good enough. I knew this wasn’t the end.