- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So, this was our challenge >
Write a short story with the two main players being Kevin and Howie

~ It has to be sci-fi or fantasy
~ You can have the other guys in it too but they shouldn't be the main focus
~ Add at least one original character. This character has to be from another world of some kind whether it be an alien life form or a demon or a talking grapefruit
~ You have to explain why Kevin is positioned the way he is in the picture.


You can see the picture below the story.
“Hey, Kris told me.. Wait, are you stuck again?”

“No Howie, I’m sitting with my hands practically glued to the wall, just for the fun of it.”

“I was just asking.”

“I know, and I’m sorry. It’s just that it’s the tenth time this week.”

“Did you say tenth time this WEEK?!”

“Yeah.”

“Wow.”

“I wouldn’t say it is that great, D.”

“Sorry.”

“Nah, don’t worry about it. It’s just..”

“Annoying?”

“That too. But it is kind of scary as well. I mean, if the little guy can do this at three years of age, what will he do to us when he’s sixteen?”

“I’ll make sure I’ve moved far far away before we even get to that point.”

“Not funny, D.”

“Well, yeah it kinda is.” Howie laughed.


“Would you just help me to get my hands off the wall?!”

“Well, sure... How exactly am I gonna do that?”

“Just pull my arms. As soon as they’re just an inch or so off the wall, they won’t re-attach back up there for some reason.”

“Why is that exactly?”

“HOWIE!!”

“Sorry, Kev. Alright, here goes nothing.”

“Harder, D.”

“I’m trying, alright?!”

“Pull harder, D. Come on, harder! This way nothing will happen.”

“And you wonder why people think we’re gay?!”

“Shut up.” Kevin sighed. “Just forget it. It seems like he’s getting stronger. In the beginning, all I had to do was make a fist and the magnetic sensation was gone. Now I can’t even move just one finger.”


“So, do you have any idea yet on why Mason can do this? Or even how he does it?”

“On the why part, no clue. A few weeks ago he had a complete medical check-up and nothing came up. So that’s a good thing, but now we still don’t know why. And it’s not as if you can just go to a doctor and ask him why your son can turn non-magnetic things into magnets.”

“Uh-uh. And the how?”

“Well, it varies. Mostly he just points at things or people and then WOOSH they fly to the wall that suddenly also turned magnetic. It’s crazy. Thankfully he only does it to Kris and myself and his toys.”


“So how long have you been stuck now?”

“About an hour and a half. My arms are kinda feeling sore right now. Could you- Hey there little man! Say hi to uncle Howie.”

“Hi uncle Howie.”

“Hey there, Mason!” Howie said as he kneeled down to hug the little three year old.

“Daddy, come play?”

“Well, uhm.. you know you kinda glued daddy to the wall, right?”

“Uh-uh..”

“So, could you please unglue daddy so uncle Howie and daddy can come play with you?”

“Dunno how.. Sorry, daddy..”

“It’s okay, Mason. Don’t be sad. Look, as soon as daddy can move his arms again, he’ll come play, alright? Go play with mommy for now, okay? I love you..”

“Luv you too, daddy.. Oooh, uncle Howie got nice thingie!!”

“What thingie?”

“That, uncle Howie. Right there!!”

“Nooooo Mason, don’t...”

“Ouch!!”

“point to uncle Howie’s phone.. Are you okay, D.?”

“It hurt, but I’ll live.”

“Good, I’d hate to have a dead Howie glued to my wall.” Kevin laughed.

“So not funny. I thought you said he only did it to you, Kris and his toys?”

“Yeah.. I guess he figured he could do it to his uncle Howie too..” Kevin said through his laughter.

“This is NOT funny, Kev.”

“Oh yes it is.”

“Kevin!!”



Meanwhile in Mason’s room

“Good job, Mason!”

“Thankies Mr Boggles!” Mason whispered as he sat across from his favorite toy, a stuffed monkey that was wearing yellow pants with purple and green suspenders, a red shirt and blueish sunglasses.

“You can go play with mommy now, alright?”

“Okay!”Mason said before he ran off to find his mother. “MOMMY!!”

The monkey toy wobbled over to the toy box to tell his boss, a stuffed duck named Zackles, about the progress the toddler was making. But right before he jumped in, he stopped, looked out the window at the sky and smiled.

“Soon he’ll be strong enough to take over the world with his powers.. and the first thing I’ll do when he does, is change this ridiculious outfit!!”