- Text Size +
I rolled over and let out a big sigh. My arm slowly slided out from the warmth of my blankets, and I moved my hand around until I finally felt the big button with 'snooze' written on it.

"Only five more minutes," I mumbled to myself and put my arm back under the covers.

Oh God, the feelings you get when your woken up in the morning by an alarm clock are unexplainable. It sucks to the 20th power, and you always just had to hit snooze. The warmth around my entire body from my covers was something I never wanted to escape from.

I finally opened my eyes, and I was squinting trying to adjust them to the bright light shining through the shades. I managed to look at the clock, [i]6:09am[/i]. Way too damn early. Why wasn't Adelynn crying? Did I forget to put the baby monitor on? Maybe she decided to let her daddy sleep for an extra hour.

I smiled to myself, and my eyes started to slowly close again.

No, I have to wake up. NOW.

I grumbled nothing in particular to myself, and while trying to get out of bed... I fell right back into the position I was in before.

After about ten minutes, I finally managed to slide my legs out from under the covers and get up. I sat on the end of the bed for a few moments, scratching the back of my head, trying to get my head together and focused to get my lazy ass up.

I stretched and then yawned, finally managing to push open the bathroom door. I had to piss.

When I got done peeing, I went over to the sink and leaned on the counter. I stared at myself in the mirror for a minute. My hair was sticking up everywhere, it was actually pretty grown out and it's normal color of black again. My mustache was overgrown, and needed to be shaved and my eyes had big bags under them. Taking care of an infant was hard work, and it took it's toll on your physical appearance.

I was worn out. I hadn't worked out in over three weeks, and my body was going to the shits. I need help. I just rubbed my hands across my face and sighed, and then went over to start the shower. I turned the handle all the way around and it made a squeeky noise. Something I had been meaning to get fixed.

I shut my eyes for about five seconds tightly, and then opened them again, hoping to wake me up. Maybe I should make sure Adelynn's okay, she could be laying there awake.

I made my way out of my room and seconds later entered Adelynn's nursery. I could still hear the soft sounds of the Mozart cd that was playing. I cracked a smile, but my smile quickly faded when I looked in the crib. Where is she? What? What's happening? Where's Adelynn?! Where's my daughter?!

I furiosly searched the room, praying that maybe she had climbed or fell out of her crib. Where is my daughter?! I ran down the stairs as quick as possible, I searched the whole house. Where is she?! Oh, God, where is she? No, this can't be happening. How... why... who... what's going on?!

Suddenly, I fell to the floor. I curled myself in a ball, and I just started to cry. It happened to fast, I couldn't think straight. How could she just not be there? That means somebody kidnapped her, right? Oh, my baby... my poor baby, she's out there alone scared without her daddy. How could I let this happen?

I quickly ran back upstairs to my room, I was rushing around the whole house in hopes I might find her. I looked... and the baby monitor had been turned off. I would've heard everything. I would've. This was my damn fault, and now my daughter was stolen. Tears streamed down my face, I had never been so scared in my life. How do I get to the bottom of this?

Don't let anything happen to my baby, I prayed. Don't let anything happen.