- Text Size +
"Mr. McLean, I'm going to get your daughter back in your hands. I can promise you that."

I couldn't really make out what he was saying, I couldn't concentrate. How could I?

"Okay," was all I said in reply.

"Our leading suspects are Claire and her mother, Mrs. Miller, whom we haven't found or gotten a hold of," replied Mr. Joe Turner.

I was only concerned about one thing.

"Do you think Claire did it?" I asked.

"It's definitely a possibility. What about your friends? Anybody around you act weird lately or say something strange to you? Something that could be taken to concern?"

I shrugged and shook my head, "No."

Joe was a big dude. He was a muscular, tall, black man that AJ had hired to find the kidnapper. He had lots of experience, so AJ trusted him.

I turned my head when I noticed my mom, almost out of breath, and she seemed to be running towards me. I stood up to greet her.

"Honey, I came as soon as I heard...," she took a deep breath and just looked at me.

I went over to her and right when I gave her a hug, I just started to cry. I layed my head on her shoulder like a little four year old, and tears were pouring out down my face making her shirt soaked with tears. I squeezed her tightly and just let loose.

She was rubbing my back, "We're gonna find her."

I just nodded and wiped my eyes.

"Do any of the guys know?" I asked.

"I called Kevin. I think they're all flying out here, baby."

I nodded. That was good... they always kept me sane.

This whole situation was just so surreal. I couldn't believe this was happening to me, I couldn't believe my daughter was kidnapped. Missing. She was here, and then one morning she was just gone.

I turned my attention to the television, and I squinted trying to see. It was me... that was my picture. I walked closer to it.

AJ McLean, a Backstreet Boy's daughter is missing.
Adelynn was stolen from his home in the middle of
Sunday night. McLean is on the lookout for her,
and has hired the top professionals to find her.
Suspects, so far, include mother of young Adelynn,
Claire Miller and her mother, Diane Miller. If
anybody has any information, please contact us.


I shook my head and sighed, would I ever find her? My mom had been watching too. Where did Joe go off too? I wondered. I, then, heard him on his phone in the next room. I listened in.

By then, he was already entering the room again and he looked at me right in the eye.

"Claire's missing."

Huh? I was stunned.