- Text Size +
Kevin was the first one to show up. He wasn't really doing anything for me though, except sitting on the couch next to me and praying with me. I guess it was a relief, though -- it made me calmer. But it didn't stop the tears. When Kevin brought her up, tears started welling in my eyes again.

I felt so useless. There was nothing I could do, except sit around and wait for more information. More information about my missing child. What was worse was I knew who the criminal was who stole her, it was her own mother. And she was nowhere to be found.

Kevin looked at me, and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Brian said the fans have sent so many support letters, and a lot of people have started searches around LA, looking for her," Kevin told me.

I just nodded and my lip kind of curled, "And what am I doing? I'm sitting here on my ass, just waiting for news on her. If she's safe, if she's even fucking alive."

Kevin frowned, "She's alive, AJ."

I knew that, of course I knew that.

"I know," I replied.

I could hear the front door closing and the beep of the alarm going off. I had been making sure to set that from now on.

"Pizza's here!" was all I heard Nick scream and he appeared in the room with a pizza box.

Kevin put some on a plate for me and layed it on the table in front of me. I didn't really even touch it, though.

"AJ, you gotta eat, man," Nick told me, concerned. He was always concerned with me lately.

"I know. I'm just not hungry," I shrugged.

I heard my cellphone ringing loudly, and I quickly reached over to answer it. Without even looking at the caller ID, I picked up, "Hello?"

I knew it was Joe Turner.

"Hey, sir. We have Claire Miller in custody down here at the police center...," I wouldn't let him finish his sentence.

"Where's Adelynn?!"

"Claire's claiming she knows where Adelynn is, and it's not her fault and that she's sorry."

I laughed in an angry sense, "Yeah, real fucking sorry. Tell her a sorry won't cut it. Do you need me to come down to the station?"

"No, not unless you want to. I'm getting things out of her right now. She says she got paid to do this, and whoever has Adelynn was planning on asking for a shit load of money for you to get her back. But now she says she's not involved whatsoever anymore, and she asked him to stop the deal and he wouldn't listen. But she knows where is. And this man has records. We will find her, AJ, within the next days. I promise."

"You better. I trust you, okay?"

"She will be in your hands before or on Wednesday."

I was putting her life in this guy's hands. She better be back in my arms by Wednesday.