- Text Size +
I nearly ran into the police station, and almost tripped a couple of times. It didn't matter though, I was gonna see my baby again. It had seemed so much longer than only 3 days. I spotted paparazzi over by the window, I tried not to pay attention to them.

My eyes wandered the whole room, where was Joe?

I went up to some random desk, "Where's Detective Joe Turner?"

The lady looked up slowly from the papers on her desk. She placed her glasses on the bridge of her nose and looked back at me, "Sir, your going to have to wait a moment. I'm busy."

I rolled my eyes. You have got to be kidding me. The lady went right back to what she was doing. I tapped my fingers on the desk and my foot was also quietly tapping. After about thirty seconds, I looked back at the lady. Who the hell does she think she is?

I pounded my fist on top of her papers and between gritted teeth I whispered as loud as I could, "Listen, lady, my daughter is still not in my hands. She's still missing. So if you don't fucking mind, you will lead me to Joe Turner's office."

She seemed surprised, and she slowly backed up. She took the glasses off of her face, and began to stand up.

"Right this way, sir," she started walking and I took a deep breath and followed. She opened the door which read "Detect. Joe Turner" and I could see him sitting at his desk.

The lady just nodded, and then closed the door behind her, as she left Joe and I alone.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"She's at the hospital...," he began to say and I almost freaked and spoke up when he held his hands up and said, "Wait! Before you freak... she's fine. They brought her there immediately after just to make sure she was okay, and they ran tests and we're gonna go there now and see her."

"Oh, thank God," I sighed and then I smiled to myself. He did it... Joe Turner got me my daughter back.

The whole car ride there was complete silence, Joe decided to drive with me. My chin was rested on my fist, which leaned on the inside of the car door. The scenery outside seemed to pass so slowly, and each minute seemed like an hour. This was the longest drive of my life.

Finally, we reached the front of the hospital. Joe had a special parking permit which allowed us a space right up front, which was good for me so I didn't have to deal with fans right now.

We walked up to the front desk and Joe spoke first, "Hi, Detective Joe Turner here... we're here to pick up Adelynn McLean."

"Ah, yes. The famous McLean," she sighed, "May I see some ID?"

I reached into my back pocket and took out my wallet, showing her my ID. Man, I hated that picture. Then Joe did the same thing.

I looked as she typed something in her computer and then she looked up at us and smiled, "Room 408 on the second floor."

I nodded and we both thanked her as we took off to the elevators.

We got upstairs and I turned right into Room 408. There she was.

She was right there... I walked up slowly to the baby bed that she was in. I just smiled as I looked down at her. Her chest was beating up and down, and her eyes were closed yet they kept flickering. I wanted so bad to just pick her up and hold her in my arms, but I didn't have the heart to wake her.

All the sudden, a nurse came in the room.

"Hello, I'm Carly," she reached out her hand and I shook it.

"How is she?" I asked.

"She's perfectly fine. You were lucky, Dad," she smiled.

Dad. It was weird to hear that still.

"Thank you so much," was all I could say.

Her little eyes opened. I looked down and grinned at her, "Hi, sweetie. Your daddy's here now... forever."

She smiled her toothless smile at me and I just laughed. I laughed yet I still had a tear rolling down my cheek, because I was so happy to see her again. I bent over and picked her up and layed her on my chest, then she relaxed her head on my shoulder.

I held onto her as tight as I could without hurting her and kept kissing her forehead. Joe patted my back a couple of times and smiled, "Congratulations, man. I'm glad I could help."

"Look... without you, I couldn't have done this. Thank you."

Joe just nodded, he knew how much it meant to me.

"Claire's going to prison, but was only sententenced to a year. The man who kidnapped her, he's already a felon. He was on probation when this happened... you'll never have to worry about him. He's been sentenced to life because a week before he kidnapped your daughter, he killed and raped a woman," Joe shook his head, "Mmm mmm, people are sick. I just wanted to tell you so you knew what was going on."

"Thanks, Joe," I nodded.

I looked at Adelynn's face and smiled. That was my baby, alright.