- Text Size +
I looked down at her and twirled her hair in between my fingers. She was peacefully sleeping, so I tried not to wake her. Man, that felt good. Her eyes started to flutter open and I grinned and kissed her lips, "That was good, baby, thanks."

"You weren't so bad yourself," she sat up, holding the sheets around her still.

"I can cook you breakfast...," I offered.

She just laughed, "You can cook?!"

I was kinda took back that she really was surprised. Here I was trying to be romantic and she was making fun of me. I stuck my tounge out at her, "I can cook, c'mon. I'm a single dad, I've learned how to cook."

"Your a... dad?" she asked.

I forgot I hadn't really mentioned that bit to her.

I just shrugged, "Yep. She's over at my friend Brian's house right now."

"Aw," she smiled, "That's cute."

She paused for a moment and we both looked in each other's eyes.

"Alright, get up off your butt and make me some breakfast," she grinned and I felt her hand travel up my leg and... wow.

I crawled out of bed and looked at the scattered clothes all over the floor. I threw my boxers on, and then my sweatpants overtop. I walked downstairs and into my kitchen, and stretched my arms out. It was too quiet without Adelynn here, it was kinda weird.

I bent over to get the pan out of the cabinet and I could feel my fucking rolls. I had completely lost any sign of a six pack. I was mad at myself for ruining my body over our break.

I heard a knock on the door and wondered who could be here so early in the morning. I began to walk over there, and when my bare feet hit the freezing cold tile, I got a chill through my body.

I moved the curtain to look through the window and was relived when it was just Brian.

Wait -- oh, shit. He couldn't find out I had a chick in here. Shit.

I opened the door for him, he was carrying what seemed all of Adelynn's stuff, including her. I opened up my mouth and smiled, reaching out my arms for her. Brian handed her over to me and I kissed her face, "Baby girl, were you good?"

Brian made his way into my house, laying down the playpin and the diaper bag, "She was an angel."

I lifted her up in the air and she started to laugh, "That's my baby!"

"Did you have fun last night?" Brian asked.

"Yup, good time."

Brian picked up the playpin once again, "Here, lemme bring this upstairs for you..."

"Wait!" I stopped him, "I got it."

Brian stopped for a moment, and grinned, "Woah, woah, woah... you gotta chick up there?"

"No, I just... I got it."

"You do!" Brian laughed.

I put my finger to my mouth, "Shhh, would you keep it down?"

Brian just shook his head and laughed, "I was trying to do you a favor... sorry... I didn't know I'd interuppt anything."

"No, it's fine, Rok. She just found out I had a kid anyways, so I might as well introduce her."

Brian just patted my shoulder, "Alright, then I'll be leaving."

"Thanks, Bri," I smiled.

He left pretty quickly and I was holding Adelynn in one arm, as I managed to cook with the other. I bounced her up and down occasionally to keep her occupied.

Once I was finished, I grabbed the tray of eggs and still hung on to Adelynn in my other arm. I managed to walk up the stairs with the plate, and my little girl. When I entered the room, I saw Jill's face and it was priceless.

"She's adorable!" she screetched.

I just laughed. Adelynn wasn't too sure about this new person, though. She looked a little scared but once she looked up at my face to make sure everything was okay, she took right to her.

I placed the tray down in front of Jill and she smiled, "Thank you."

"Your welcome."

That was when I realized chicks really dig you when you've got a little baby, it gets them all sentimental.