- Text Size +
I didn't want to leave. How could I do it? I couldn't just go on tour for months and be sane without her. How could I work it out so that I could bring her?

"Bone?" I heard from downstairs.

I could tell it was Brian.

"Yeah?" I called back.

"You almost ready?"

I sighed, "Yep. I'm coming!"

I looked at all my clothes spread out all over the bed. I was nowhere near ready. I just shrugged and threw a bunch of different clothes into my suitcase, not bothering to even fold them or make neat piles. Then I heard Adelynn's little sounds coming through the baby monitor and laughed, she sure made some weird noises.

I walked out of my room and into the room next door and picked Adelynn up from her crib.

"Did you have a good nap, baby?" I whispered.

She grinned and so did I.

"AAAAAJJJJ?!" I heard him screaming my name now.

"WHHAAATT?!" I yelled back, as I covered Adelynn's ears.

"Hurry up! We're leaving and we're gonna be late!"

I just shook my head, can't a man say goodbye to his daughter? I had hired a nanny... I didn't want to do it but I had to. She was kind of a "family friend" because she had grown up with my mother as a child, so she was trustworthy. She was a petite, little Mexican woman who had grown up in America since she was 1 year old, but she still had a tint of a spanish accent. Now, if I could only find her.

"Dana?" I semi-yelled, hoping she was upstairs.

"I'm right here, Mr. McLean!" I saw her jogging down the hall, she was rushing. I shrugged, I guess I intimidated her. I laughed to myself.

"Please, call me AJ or Alex. Mr. McLean makes me sound like I'm some old dude."

She chuckled, "Ok, Alex. Are you leaving?"

"Yep, Brian down there is getting a little fiesty," I laughed.

"I'll take her from you."

I handed her over to Dana but before I let go, I kissed her forehead. She immediately reached out for me and I just shook my head, "I'm sorry, baby. Daddy doesn't want to, but I gotta leave."

The trick was to get out of her sight as quick as possible. That was hard to do, but then she would get distracted with other things.

I went back into my room to continue throwing things into my suitcase, and I zippered it up. It was a tight squeeze.

I dragged my heavy suitcase off the bed, and began to drag it more down the stairs. I wanted to go back into Adelynn's room and kiss her face all over and cuddle with her, but I couldn't let her see me again. She'd start crying and screaming and I can't handle that right now. I'd break down just looking at her.

"Finally!" I heard Brian said.

"Eh, shut up," I joked, "I was getting Adelynn all situated."

"Had to do the same with Baylee."

"It sucks."

"Yeah," he replied and we both kinda looked at each other.

"Atleast it'll only be a week...," I shrugged but inside I cringed. That was a long time. "Are you gonna see Baylee next week, too? I'm gonna bring Adelynn out for some shows, my mom said she'll watch her like last time."

"Proabably."

I quickly snapped out of it to realize what time it was, "Shit, Rok, we gotta go."

I picked up the suitcase and we began to head out the door.