- Text Size +
"I don't want none," I grinned and pretended like I was gonna close the door.

"I'm not here to give you sex!" she shouted, and starting laughing.

"Your so loud, Jill, would you keep it down?!"

I unhooked the chains and invited her in.

"Alright, what did Nick send you for?"

She looked confused, "Nick? Nick didn't send me here. I found you myself."

"How?" I wondered.

"I have my ways."

"Why?"

"So many questions, McLean. Aren't you happy I'm here?"

Not really, I thought to myself. Well, I guess a little. Now I won't be so bored.

"Yeah, it'll give me something to do."

I slapped myself. I am SO ridiculously stupid.

"That sounded wrong. Not do you, just... I've been bored all night. Nick wanted me to go out with him tonight, and I stayed in."

She just laughed, "Your funny."

"I'm glad you think so."

She laughed again, "So, you wanna cook me breakfast again? It was pretty damn good."

"It's 11:30 at night, hon, not excatly breakfast time."

"So? Ever heard of eating pancakes for dinner?"

"Heard of it, never actually did it."

"Oh."

I looked at her for a moment. She looked different tonight. Much more beautiful than I remember her. She looked less like a hooker, and more like a human being. A naturally pretty woman.

"I can order room service?" I questioned.

"I was kidding. But if you want to, go right ahead."

"Well, are you gonna eat it?"

"If there's food in front of my face, I'm gonna eat it," she grinned.

So I did. I ordered room service. We had decided to make ourselves comfortable on the floor, and I had changed into sweatpants but stayed shirtless. Just for comfort. I wasn't trying to impress her or anything. God knows I was unhappy with my body right now.

"Where's your daughter?" she asked.

"At home. I had to hire a nanny, even though I didn't want to."

"Do you miss her?"

"More than I've ever missed anyone in my life," I smiled, "She's so cute... Dana, the nanny, said she keeps looking at the picture of me and her together and points at it and smiles."

I began to light up right when she had mentioned Adelynn. I kept talking and talking about her, I didn't mean to. I noticed 15 minutes had already gone by.

"I'm sorry," I frowned a little, "I'm not shutting up. Let me hear about your life."

"No, I'm perfectly happy listening to you tell stories about your daughter. It's cute," she grinned.

"I don't wanna talk anymore. I wanna listen. Do you have any kids?"

"No," she said and then looked away. Her eyes filled up with tears and she was trying so hard to make them stop.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I... well, I was supposed to have a kid. A baby boy."

"Yeah?" I wanted her to continue. I wasn't trying to be nosy, but the fact of the matter was that I was a nosy person.

"I gave him up. The father was in jail, I hated the man. He was just one of my... uh, flings or whatever. I wanted my son to have a good life. So when he was 3 days old, I gave him up. I thought I couldn't handle him. I thought I couldn't survive without a dad in the picture."

I embraced her in a hug, and let her head lean on my shoulder.

She quickly wiped the tears, "God, what am I doing?! I don't even know you!" She slightly laughed through her tears.

She began to stand up, "Hearing about you and your daughter, and how your doing fine without a mom in the picture. It just... makes me feel like a jackass for giving him up."

"I - I'm sorry," was all I could get out, "I didn't mean to make you upset."

"No! It's not your fault! It's just... so sweet hearing you gloat about your daughter, and I have nothing to gloat about. I'll be leaving. It was nice meeting you, Alex."

I shook her hand that she had stuck out to me. I could've stopped her. But I didn't. I just watched her walk out the door.