- Text Size +
I woke up the next morning with my head spinning. I would probably never see Jill again. I felt really guility from everything last night... making Jill upset, and Nick, who I still haven't heard from. I wonder where he is? I picked up my cellphone and dialed his number.

"Hey, this is Nick... I'm not here right now so you could..."

I heard his message and flipped over my phone. Damnit.

I rolled out of bed and stretched my arms out, I was exhausted. I hadn't really got much sleep last night. I was thinking too much, about Jill and Adelynn and Nick. I felt my cellphone vibrating in my hand and looked... it was Brian.

"Hello?"

"Hey, you awake?" Brian asked.

"Yeah, just woke up," I ran my hands through my hair.

"Have you heard from Nick yet?"

"No, you?"

"No. I'm gonna go check his room, okay?"

"Alright, call me when you find him."

Where the hell was he? It was 11 o'clock in the morning. He was probably still just sleeping like usual.

I went into the bathroom and started the shower water when I heard my phone ringing again. I sighed and walked over to pick it up without even looking who it was.

"Hello?"

"AJ... you gotta help me."

"Nick?" I asked.

"I'm sorry about last night, alright. I wasn't really that pissed. I don't know where the fuck I am, and I don't know where my car is."

I sighed and shook my head, "Your such an idiot, sometimes. What do you want me to do? Come pick you up?"

"Please. Tell the guys you talked to me and I'm fine... tell them I had to go to the store or something."

"Alright, what's around you?"

"There's this big sign that says 'Happy Harry's' and the street is... Grason Rd, it looks like."

"I think I remember seeing a Happy Happy's... I'm on my way."

Normally, I probably wouldn't have done that. But since I felt bad about last night, I would. And I kinda knew what he was going through. When I would get so drunk to where I couldn't remember where I was, or how I got there, he would usually be the one to cover my ass. I owed it to him.

After about an hour of driving, I saw him sitting on the curb behind some bushes. I laughed to myself... I could see the tabloids now. Hopefully he was hiden good enough to where nobody saw him. Plus, we were in Arizonia still.

I stopped the car and he looked around before getting up, then jogged over and hopped in.

"What the hell are you laughing at?" he asked.

"You... you looked funny over there," I looked him up and down, "Jesus, how much did you drink?"

"Is it that bad?" he asked, now I made him selfconcious.

"Yeah."

I shifted gears and I started to drive off.

"Oh well. I'm sorry for being an idiot."

"I was worse. I can't say nothin'."

"But now look at you... your a happy father. I'm fucking nobody."

"Your Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys," I laughed.

He didn't think it was funny, "No, I'm 'the guy that dated Paris Hilton.'"

"That'll pass, man, you know that," I told him.

He just shook his head.

"When's Adelynn coming out with your mom?"

"Tomorrow, I'm so excited! It's been a week, dude."

Nick kinda smiled, "That's cool."

I had just remembered!

"Dude... Jill came by last night!"

"The Jill... Jill, Jill?" Nick looked shocked.

"I thought you had sent her, but she said she found me herself. We had a good talk, and then she got upset and just left real quick. I felt bad."

"Did ya'll hook up?"

"Just talked."

The rest of the ride was pretty quiet until we reached the hotel, where Nick was not greeted happily. I just laughed. I felt bad for him, yeah, but it was his fault. He still needs to grow up.