- Text Size +
I liked her, I did. But she was just more like a friend, I couldn't help it. We stayed up talking all night once again, and didn't even sleep together. She was definitely more of a friend than a lover. But, it could work. I always needed a friend.

What time was it anyways? I squinted my eyes from the glare of the sun coming through the blinds. It was 8am already... Adelynn had to be awake. How come I couldn't hear her? I looked over at the baby monitor and it was turned off. The events from months before replayed in my mind and I ran over to the room next door.

I took a deep breath and relaxed when I saw Jill sitting on the floor with Adelynn.

She looked up and saw me in the doorway, "Morning. What's wrong?"

Did I look like something was wrong?

"Ah, nothing."

She looked at me funny, "You just looked... scared or something. Out of breath. Like you had just seen a ghost."

I nervously laughed, "No... I'm fine."

I hadn't told her about Adelynn getting kidnapped. I just didn't want to start talking anymore about my life and my problems. She seemed to have enough of her own.

"I heard Adelynn awake and figured I would get her, so I turned the baby monitor off to let you sleep."

I was kind of upset... she would do that without asking. She had me scared to death for a mere 60 seconds, when I had seen the red light turned off on the baby monitor in my room.

"I should've asked...," she said, almost reading my thoughts.

I looked down and saw Adelynn grabbing at my baretoes with her fingers. I just laughed and bent down to pick her up, "You don't wanna touch those, sweetie."

"God knows I wouldn't," Jill laughed.

I stuck my tounge out at her.

I couldn't let anything ever happen to this angel in my arms ever again. I would blame myself for life. I wasn't about to let anybody in the way of that.

I heard whimpering coming from downstairs. I had forgotten about the dog. I put Adelynn back on the ground and she began crawling around.

"I'm gonna let the dog out of the crate...," I started to walk downstairs.

"Hey, puppy," I unlocked the cage door and let her walk out.

I stroked her soft hair, "Your a cute doggy."

She licked my face quickly, before running upstairs. I laughed.

"Warning!" I yelled, "Dog on the loose!"

By the time I had got upstairs, Adelynn was giggling as the puppy licked her face all over. I smiled.

"Who's up for MickeyDs?!" I asked.

Adelynn knew the word 'MickeyD's' and immediately starting clapping her hands and shaking her head 'yes.' I laughed at her and swopped her up into my arms, "Then off to MickeyD's it is."

"Jill.. your invited too," I looked over at her.

"I don't wanna keep intruding on you guys."

"Nah, it's fine. I just gotta get this little munchkin ready and we can head off. You might wanna get ready, too."

I put Adelynn on the changing table and cleaned her up. Then I found a cute girly outfit for her.

"Addy," I mumbled, "Stop moving!"

Jill laughed, "Need some help?"

"No, I got it."

I struggled getting Adelynn's pants on overtop of her diaper and with her kicking, it didn't help. When I finally managed to get her dressed, she looked so cute. So, the struggle was definitely worth it.

"All done!" I exclaimed.

She clapped her hands. Whenever I said 'all done,' she would clap her hands. It was funny.

"Daddy's gotta get ready now, so your gonna sit in your chair in my room like a good girl."

I could tell Jill was staring. To be honest, it made me a little uncomfortable. I knew why she was staring too... she was regretting what she did. She wanted a kid, too.

"Actually," I looked at Jill, "Do you want to take her for a minute? While I get ready?"

"Sure," she smiled, coming out of her thoughts.

I went into my room and cleaned up. I trimmed my goatee and brushed my teeth, and put some clothes on. I'd forgotten I had been in just my boxers, and we had a guest in the house. I figured, what the hell? She had already seen me naked once. I laughed to myself and threw on a beanie cap.

"All ready?" I appeared in Adelynn's doorway.

"Yep," replied Jill.