- Text Size +
"All packed?" I looked at Adelynn and zippered the last of the suitcases.

Of course, she had no idea what I was asking. So she just looked at me for a moment but when I laughed, she smiled in return.

We were taking a little vacation to the beach and I decided to invite Brian and his son. Leighanne said she would stay behind and take her own little break, and she also had an auditon for a new movie. I was happy about that... it had been a long time since me and Brian had had guy time alone. Even though we were going to be with our kids.

I packed the last of the stuff in the car, and then made my way back inside to pick up Adelynn from her swing.

I buckled her safely in the carseat, and tightened the belt around her. I made myself comfortable in the drivers seat and looked at Adelynn, "All ready, baby?"

She clapped her hands and giggled, I began to back the car up out of the driveway.

After we had been driving for about a half an hour, I grabbed my cellphone out of my pocket and dialed Brian's number.

"B-roookk," I said, laughing.

"May I help you?" he asked, sarcastically.

"Your on your way right?"

"I dunno, look beside you."

I turned my head and began laughing when I saw Brian waving and grinning and Baylee was fast asleep in the backseat.

"You idiot, why didn't you tell me you were right behind me?"

I looked to to their car next to me again and I saw him shrug, "It was fun."

"How come Baylee goes right to sleep and Adelynn frickin' screams the whole way down?"

"It's a girl thing... all girls will talk your ear off," Brian joked.

"Oh, she's good at that, already."

"Meet you at the hotel, okay? You did book it, right?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, I did."

We hung up the phone with each other and I scrunched down in my seat, trying to get comfortable. I looked back at Adelynn every couple of minutes, she was perfectly fine since I had a movie playing in the DVD. I stretched my arm out and yawned, I was actually pretty tired.

All the sudden, a car swirved right in front of me. I sat up quickly and honked my horn and then rolled down my window, "FUCKING ASSHOLE!"

I just silently shook my head to myself, "People are so fucking stupid sometimes."

I looked back at Adelynn, who had no idea what was going on, except that her daddy had just yelled really loud. She looked at me with fear in her eyes, "It's okay, baby. Daddy's not mad at you."

But she was already mezmorized in her movie once again. I laughed.

After about 25 minutes, we were already there. I pulled up into the parking lot and took a look at the beach front condos, "Shit, this place is pretty nice."

I stepped out of the car and stretched. This was going to be a nice vacation.

Brian's car pulled up a couple of spaces beside me.

"We're here!" Brian jumped out of his car.

"No shit!" I yelled back, laughing.

A young girl came jogging up to us, she couldn't have been older than 15, I figured.

"Brian and AJ?" she asked, very quietly.

"That's us," I smiled.

"I can't believe I'm seeing you guys here... can I get a picture?"

Atleast this girl was calm and acting normal, I thought. If she wasn't... it would be our fault for not bringing bodyguards.

"Sure," Brian smiled.

"Do you want me to take a picture of you and Brian? Then Brian can take one of me and you?" I offered her an idea, since she had nobody else around.

"That would be great!"

Brian got on one side of her and hugged her, they both smiled. I handed the camera over to Brian and I did the same thing.

"Wow, thank you guys," she looked like she was going to cry.

I hated when people cried. I never knew what to do or say, it was just us... why were they crying?

"Don't cry, sweetheart," I gripped her into a hug.

Thank God for Adelynn crying in the backseat, because she gave me an excuse to have to leave the girl.

We all got settled into our room. I called the master bedroom.

I changed into my bathing suit and got Adelynn in hers, so we could get ready to have some fun on the beach.