- Text Size +

I stared at all the fans wanting to meet me and screaming my name. I just couldn't get myself to come off the tourbus, not with Adelynn fast asleep in the back. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss a second. I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"You comin' out there with me, man?" Kevin asked, "It's calmed down a little, they're wanting to meet us."

"Nah, man. I did it last night... what if Addy wakes up?"

Kevin just smiled, "Alright."

I was always the one who was out there for a long time talking to the fans... but this time I had to make sure Adelynn was going to be okay. It was a scary thing, you know? She was so tiny and fragile, you never know if something could happen to her. We had celebrated her one month birthday yesturday. Me and the other guys got a birthday cake, which was for us since she can't even eat it yet, and we all sang to her. We got a tiny smile out of her, like she knew what was going on.

I heard her noises that she always made coming from the back of the bus. I went and layed on the queen size bed as gently as I could, and put my hand to her body.

"Alex, I'm so proud of you."

I turned around and smiled, "Thanks, mom. I'm really glad you came with me to watch over Addy and all."

"Honey, you know it's no problem spending time with my granddaughter."

I looked at Adelynn once more, before leaning over to pick her up. I placed her on my shoulder, and started to pat her back. A tiny burp came out of her and I just laughed, "You can do better than that, baby!"

I patted her back a little harder and a big one came out. I noticed my mom just staring at me, with a big smile on her face. Now I knew why she had cared so much about me all these years. I had always wanted her to just lay off, and give me space but now I knew.

Kevin came back onto the bus, "Man, they want you."

I just laughed, "Alright... you stay here with my mom and watch Adelynn, okay? I'll be quick."

I picked up a hoodie and threw it on overtop of my t-shirt. Right when I walked out, I heard screams and saw about 50 girls crowding the baricade. I was finally grasping that we were back... the five of us were together on the road again. I waved and made a goofy face, I knew they always got a kick out of that.

The first girl I went up to asked for a picture and I posed for one with her.

"How's your daughter, AJ?! Congratulations!" I heard a couple of girls scream.

"She's good, she's doing great. One month old now, I can't believe it."

The girl standing right in front of me asked if she could see Adelynn. I was trying to be nice about it, but I didn't want them seeing her. I wanted her as safe as possible. It was a scary world out there.

"Maybe a different time... it's a little too cold for her."

The fans all "awwed" and sighed, but they would get to see her a different time. There was no way in hell she was being exposed to this at such a young age. She was going to be normal.

I signed a couple more and I took a couple pictures with different people, but told them that I had to go. I was nearly jogging back to the bus.

I went into the bus and all I could hear was screaming coming from Adelynn. I ran to the back, "What's wrong?!"