- Text Size +

Screaming. It was all I heard... ringing through my ears. I didn't know what to do with her, she wouldn't stop. I tried everything and nothing worked. I was getting pissed off now. She had everything she needed, what the hell was she screaming for?

I grabbed the phone and dialed Brian's number.

"Hello?"

"You've dealt with this before... what the fuck do I do with a screaming baby?" I asked.

"Is she hungry or something?"

"I've tried. I've tried everything."

"Does she have a stomachache?"

I rolled my eyes, "I dunno, Bri, lemme ask her."

I sighed. I hadn't meant to sound like a dick.

"Sorry. She's just been crying in my ear for an hour, and I don't know what to do."

"Try giving her a bath, yet?" Brian shrugged.

"Well, no... but she hates bathes."

"Just try it. Sometimes that would work for Baylee, it calms them down."

"Alright... I'll call you back and yell if it doesn't."

Brian just laughed. We hung up the phone and I picked up my screaming daughter.

Once we got upstairs, I layed her on her back on a blanket on the floor, so I could turn on the sink water and get the bath ready. She was still crying and my ears were ringing.

I quickly felt the temperature with my finger to make sure it wasn't too warm, and I looked at my screaming baby on the floor. I just shook my head and smiled.

"Your something, you know that... you got nothing to be crying about and yet you still do."

I laughed to myself and bent down to pick her up. When I lifted her into my arms, she quieted down a little bit. I rubbed the back of her head softly, "Shhhhhh."

I took off her little outfit that she had one and then managed to slip off her diaper. I placed her as softly as I could into the baby bath tub and let her soak for a while.

Maybe Brian was right afterall. She had calmed down. Finally.

"That's right, baby... shhh...," I whispered to her, and I started to scrub her body and get her clean.

She was constantly figeting, which was a pain in the ass to try and clean her but it was worth it to get that sound of my head.

She made one last cry before she finally started to shut her eyes. I smiled. It sounded like heaven had just broke though. I finished cleaning her up, and then as carefully as possible, I picked up her wet little self and leaned her on the towel that was draped over my shoulder.

She yawned and her eyes closed once again. Once I had gotten her into her room, she was pretty much asleep. But I had to get her dressed into her pajamas before she totally fell asleep. I put some powder over her entire body, and then slid the pajamas over her diaper. Then I layed her into her crib, where she fell right back asleep.

Once I had tip-toed down the stairs, I pretty much plopped down on the couch. My whole body felt numb. My legs hurt, my head hurt, my arms hurt, my eyes were itchy, I really should go to bed. I attempted to stand up, walk upstairs, and walk all the way down the hall to my room. But I zonked, right then and there.