- Text Size +

"What the fuck is this?!" I screamed out in anger, as I held the magazine close to my face.

Nick came running out of the bathroom, "What? What happened?!"

I just sighed and threw the paper down on the table, then pounded my fist over top of it, "This happened."

Nick picked up the magazine and opened it to the page I had been looking at. He quickly skimmed the article, and just looked at me. He didn't really know what to say.

"I should've known this was going to happen, I don't know why I'm so pissed," I threw my arms up in question.

Nick just shrugged, "I know how you feel, man. Believe me."

I couldn't help but laugh. Nick did have a lot of bad shit posted about him in The Enquier, especially when he was dating that no-good bitch. Paris Hilton. I laughed remembering the time they were together.

My eyes went back to the article and I just shook my head, looking at the paparazzi photo taken of me carrying Adelynn into my mom's house. How do they even find this stuff out? And how do they get it posted so quick? It was just yesturday, for Christ's sake.

I couldn't believe it. My daughter was already in the tabloids. My new born daughter. I didn't want this! This was what I was trying to protect her from.

"Atleast it's not... bad, you know?" Nick looked at me.

"I guess so," I shrugged, "But, I don't want it happening anymore."

"There's no way to stop it, dude."

I looked at Nick, not wanting to believe him. I knew he was right. I wasn't an idiot, I had been in the business long enough to know these things happen.

"I know what I need to do...," I sighed.

Nick just looked at me, waiting for an answer.

"I think the next photoshoot we do, I need to bring her. I think we should just... show her to everybody. Let them get their pictures, and that's it."

"We?" Nick's eyebrows raised, "You need to decide that."

I sighed, "I know."

"My opinion... you should. The pictures would turn out good, and it would show people you really are a good dad. 'Cause you are, you know."

"I could be a way better father to her."

"Your doing fine, bro."

I nodded in response to Nick's question, thank God he felt the same way, because I thought I was doing a pretty damn good job. I just didn't want to sound conceited, you know.

"Well, I'm gonna try to get a nap in before the press conference," Nick said, "So I'm heading down to my hotel room. You should sleep, too, you know. You look tired."

"I am," I replied, "Maybe I will try to sleep."

Nick headed out the door, and he closed it quietly shut. I sighed and made my way to the bed. I opened my arms open wide, and just fell into the bed. I smiled to myself, and I don't know why. I took off my shirt, trying to get comfortable.

My eyes wouldn't close. I kept thinking about everything. Claire... why did she always enter my mind? It's not like we had anything special, right? I mean, we talked maybe a total of 7 times. And she was the mother of my child, it was just weird.

I pushed my bedcovers aside, and slid out of bed. I had to check on Adelynn. I wonder if she was being good for my mom.