- Text Size +

Chp 22

 

The call to my grandmother

 

 

I picked up the phone and dialed her number. "Hey Grandma," I said with excitement. "Hey Jennifer. How are you?" she asked. "Doing really good. How about you guys?" I asked. "Oh we are all doing good. I seen you the other day on the front of one of those magazines. It said that you were going to be giving out an award at the end of the month. It also showed you with a guy, Nick Carter I think his name was," she said. "Yes grandma that's one of the reason's I'm calling you. Ok actually I have lots of reason's," I said laughing. "Well you two looked really happy and cute together," she said. "Oh we are very happy. He asked me to come with him and be by his side from now on. I said yes," I said cautiously. "Doesn't that mean that you would have to quit modeling?" she asked. "Well yes, that's the other reason I'm calling you. I told him it was the only money I had coming in. He told me that I no longer had to worry about money," I said. "Well what about your apartment there in New York and all your stuff?" she asked again. "Well I'm going to call the landlord today and tell him and then I'm having all my stuff brought to his place down in Tampa. Brent, his best friend, who is watching his house and dog sitting, along with a couple of other people are going to be there to unload it," I replied. "Well it sounds like you have everything worked out. And it sounds like you two are pretty serious," she said. "Yea I do I've been doing a lot of thinking about this. And yea we are getting serious. Last night, grandma, he gave me a beautiful promise ring. He said that one day he plans on replacing it with an engagement ring," I said smiling and looking down at my ring. It was silent for a moment. "Grandma, you still there?" I asked. "Yea," she said crying. "Why are you crying?" I asked. "Because you finally found someone that makes you happy," she said. "That he does but, stop crying or you are gonna make me cry," I said laughing trying to lighten things up. "Ok, I'm done. Well, you better bring him so we can all meet him," she said. "Oh I plan on it. It will probably be for Christmas though. They are getting ready to start recording another cd so, we will be doing a lot of traveling. But, we will defintely try to be there for or around Christmas," I said. "Good. Well hun, I need to get going. Your aunt just came in and we are going shopping today," she said. "Ok grandma. I'll call you sometime next week probably," I replied. "Ok then. Bye hun, love you." "Bye, love you too grandma," I said.

After I hung up the phone, Nick came in to see if I was off yet. "Hey baby. How did it go?" he asked. "Surprisingly, very good. She understoond completely about me quitting modeling and about me going with you from now on. I told her about the promise ring, the want to meet you," I said looking up at him. "That's great. I've been dying to meet them as well. They all sound really nice and if they are anything like you I know I'll love them," he said bending down and kissing me. "Well I told her we would try to come around Christmas time. Is that cool?" I asked. "Yea that's a great time," he said all excited. "Great," I replied.

"So did you guys figure out what to do today?" I asked. "Nope not yet. I left it up to Bone and Veronica," he said. "Ah well lets go see what they came up with," I said laughing. He took my hand and we went into the living room where AJ and Veronica were still discussing on what to do today.