- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay yaya for a new chappy! Anyways there's some exciting stuff coming up in the next chapter so stay tuned and Reviews make me happy and a happy author means more chappies LOL anyways luv ya'll let me know ya think!
Chapter Four: This Could Be The Beginning…



Okay she wants to be friends? Then okay I’m going to be an awesome friend. And maybe she’ll see I’m not all about getting laid that I actually respect her as a person and not just viewing her more as a possible romantic interest. Just from speaking to her I can tell that she’s scared of something. Maybe that’s why she wants to be friends first. Some douche bag hurt her and now she wants to make sure she won’t get played again.




Okay, okay I’m grasping at straws here but it is a good explanation, right?




Whatever, I’m just trying to look casual for movies tonight. See, that’s a very careful task. Dress too well and bam looks like you’re expecting more. Dress too comfortable and you look like a slob. So here’s what I’ve got planned…




Grey polo shirt, jeans and flip-flops. Standard comfy wear that’s not pretentious but can be dressy if need be. And for once I think I look actually pretty damn good, I’ll just spike up my hair a little and head out the door.




“Hey Carter…got a hot date?” I hear AJ ask from down the hall. Fuck, I really didn’t want to talk to him at the moment.




“No just going to see Dani…”




He arched an eyebrow at me and smirked, “Ah, so you’re hitting that?”




I straightened my back, not really liking what he was implicating. “Hey now, show some respect.”




“Oh shit, you haven’t fucked her yet? You’re pussy whipped without even getting any!” He chuckled at me. Yeah and HOW many times has he done the same?




With every one of his girlfriends he turns into their little bitch and does whatever they want. “You should know, since you’d do anything for a piece of ass.” I shot back at him.




“Oooo you’re defensive, you really like her don’t you?” He asked, completely serious.




I smiled at him, “Yeah I do, problem is getting that in return.”




He grinned and patted me on the back. “Easy, use your God given talent of charming chicks.” I laughed at him. Well this chick isn’t any normal girl. I think that charm is actually going to turn her off. But there’s only one way to find out.





******************************************************





“So, Rae, how old are you?” I asked, curious as to her age. She looked like she was about 14 but could be 12 for all I know.




She looked up from her book and replied, “I’ll be 13 in like a month.”




“So you’re in 7th grade?”




“Yep, so what’s with the 20 questions?” She asked getting a suspicious look on her face.



I sighed and grinned slightly, she knows I like her aunt, I can tell that she does. “Okay maybe we should cut the crap. I like your Aunt…a lot.”




“But you dated my mom.”




“Which was a lifetime ago we were all completely different people back then.”




She gave me a look as if to say ‘are you for real?’ and in all honesty, yeah I am. “So you’re not just trying to sleep with her?”




Damn she’s clever…




“No, I’m not, I think she’s amazing.” I remarked lowly, not wanting Dani to hear while she made snacks in the kitchen. Getting an idea I got up to go into the kitchen.




“She likes you, you know that right?” Raelynn replied making me stop in my tracks and turn.




“What makes you think that?” I asked completely curious.




Raelynn giggled a little and grinned, “Isn’t it obvious? She’s put you in the friend zone. She’s afraid of it not working out; she’s gotten hurt a lot by guys in the past. She likes you so she’s trying to preserve that I guess.”




Hmm, interesting... I make my way to the kitchen and turn just as I get to it giving Rae a grin, “Thank you…” I mouthed to her then turned to walk into the kitchen.




Dani looked over and grinned, “Is she torturing you?”




I had to laugh, really it was anything but. “Rae is a good kid. She cares a lot about you.”




“Well besides her grandparents I’m her only family.” She replied chopping up some vegetables.




I lean in and place my hand at the small of her back and whisper in her ear, “You’re amazing for taking such good care of her. And she loves you for it.”




I backed away and watch her stop chopping, reigning in her breathing a little.




YES! Exactly the reaction I was looking for. I got to her and I know it, her body language said it all over. I smiled and left the room quite pleased that I was able to get her to react the exact way she makes me feel. It was nice to turn the tables for once.




I walked back into the living room and relaxed on the larger sofa as Rae came up and sat next to me. “So I’ve been thinking…” She began; I looked over at her hoping she’d continue. “Well my aunt is stubborn as all hell. She’s a Libra and they don’t change their minds easily.”




Boy do I know about that, Kevin’s a Libra. Trying to change his mind? HA! Good luck there. True, he may not be in the band anymore and has no control over what happens, but when he was man, he’s the guy you want in contract negotiations - he made everything a deal breaker and got us a lot of shit in our day. “And…?”




“And, I wanna help. I like you. You’re the first guy that has actually shown interest in her as a person and wanted to get to know me.”




“Well you’re in her life. It’s only fair to see what she’s like without her camera and around her family, like you.” I explained. That did make sense, right? She gets to see me so unguarded and behind all the glitz and glamour of my job so why shouldn’t I get to see her walking around in comfy jeans and a Giants tee-shirt?




“Yeah but most men just want to hit it and quit it.” She said in all seriousness.




I sighed to myself, “About a year ago I would be one of those guys.”




“What changed?”




“A girl. I really liked her but it was just not the right time she was young and the relationship taught me a lot about what I want from a woman and the kind of woman I want to settle down with.”




She shot me a sideways glance. “Well how would you like me to help you get my Aunt?”




Help me? Hmmm sounds like an intriguing offer, now I have to hear more. “Get her?” I gave her surprised expression not really believing that a kid would want to help me.




“You know, get her to date you! How would you like it if I gave you inside information and…”




“Do a covert op to get her to drop her guard?”




“Yep, mission impossible style!” She exclaimed and started singing the theme song. I had to laugh; she was a dork but, an adorable dork.




“All right, all right you got me ¬– I’ll take help where ever I can get it with Dani.”




She grinned and held out her hand. I took it and shook her hand sealing our deal. Now I know what ya’ll are thinking: Why am I making a deal with an almost 13 year old to help me get her Aunt to date me? Well it’s quite simple…because I’m just seriously running out of ideas. I’ve tried the charm and have gotten a little reaction from it. I’ve tried pretty much everything except for two things.




One being the direct approach in which I lay it all out on the line and tell her I don’t want to be friends. Which is usually relationship suicide. You NEVER do that to someone male or female, it scares them. It’s a last resort if every other avenue has been exhausted and yielded no results, THEN you break out the ultimatum card.




And hopefully with Raelynn’s help I won’t have to get to that point…ever…