- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry! I've been really busy with classes, but here's an update =]

There probably won't be more tonight, but hopefully within the next few days. Keep reviewing!!
I climbed back into the Escalade and sighed heavily, still dripping from the pouring rain. “I still can’t believe tonight…” Nick broke the silence as he pulled out of the hospital parking lot.

“Neither can I,” I mumbled and glanced out the window. “I can’t believe Crys’s attitude about the whole thing, either. I mean, she’s so upbeat and positive about everything. Why is she like that?” I questioned, not necessarily looking for the answer, just expressing my confusion.

“I don’t know, baby,” he said. I smirked. I loved it when he called me that. He would call me that sometimes whenever we were just friends, but usually it was in a joking manner. “I’m sorry we didn’t really get to have tonight to ourselves.”

I looked over at him and placed my hand on top of his that was resting on the gear in between us. “It’s my fault. I mean, she called me. Thank you for going with me, though. I know how hard that was for you since you and Rob are friends…” I hadn’t really thought about that before. Nick and Rob did have a fairly existing relationship.

Nick shrugged. “I can’t believe he’d hit a girl…” he shook his head. I knew it was rough for Nick because he had been accused of being abusive before. His friends all stood up for him and I distinctively could remember Rob being the one that said, “Nick, man, we all know how fucked up that is…we know you’d never do something that shitty.”

“Baby, I’m sorry,” I whispered and brought his hand up to my lips, kissing it gently. He looked over at me and smiled.

“It’s okay, really,” he assured me. “I’m glad you just did that…” he said so softly I wasn’t even sure I had heard him correctly. I frowned, urging him to explain. “I’m glad you kissed my hand…for a while tonight, I thought you were mad at me…” I felt bad that he had thought that.

“I’m not mad at you,” I shook my head and glanced down at our hands. He intertwined our fingers. “I’m just so confused right now. I mean, we haven’t been together that long…and we really haven’t spent a lot of time together…” I began. He looked over at me, genuinely concerned as to what I was feeling and going through. “It’s like, every time I start getting closer to you, something takes us a part. Either touring or, in tonight’s case, an emergency like this. I mean, granted it was Crystal that called me…but it’s like, the entire world is out for us to fail.” I hoped I had made sense explaining that.

“Emily,” Nick sighed and glanced over. “We talked about this. Right now is probably the worst time to get involved in a serious relationship because of me getting up and leaving soon. I mean, I thought we had agreed that we’d give it a try anyway.”

“And I definitely do want to give it a try…” I jumped back. “I do, I swear. I just wanted to explain that so you know I’m not mad at you…”

He smiled back at me as we pulled into his driveway. “I really did miss us, ya know.” He added as we jumped out of the car in the pouring rain and ran up to his front door. I giggled and nodded as he tried to put the key in the key hole.

“Nick, hurry,” I laughed as he joked around and tried to fumble with it for a bit. Thunder boomed loudly in the distance and I jumped out of fear, grasping his t-shirt a little tighter than before. He laughed and rolled his eyes.

“Big chicken,” he chuckled as he pushed the front door open. We were practically attacked by his pit bull dog, Layla. I giggled and knelt down to pet her. “God, I missed this place…” he smiled around. Usually Nick lived out in California, but ever since we got together, he started living in Florida on his breaks.

“I missed it too,” I smiled and snuggled up to the back of him. “Not as much as I missed you, though.” I said seriously and he turned to look at me. He took my face in his hands and brought it closer to his so he could kiss me softly, yet sensually. I shivered, partly from being cold and partly from being this close to Nick again.

“You cold?” He whispered softly as we pulled away. I nodded and closed my eyes, completely intoxicated by him. “Let’s go upstairs and get more comfortable…” he smirked and took my hand in his. This was the perfect moment. The perfect moment that I never wanted to end.