- Text Size +


Bj

"Can you stay here while I go upstairs and tell them because I think they didn't hear me" I told her with a smile

"Yeah sure"

I ran the stairs and went to tell them. I already felt connected with her.

"Guys did you hear me" I asked them

"Can't you see we are busy?" Leslie asked me

"But she is in the living room waiting to meet her siblings and Leslie she really looks like you. You can't tell that she isn't our sister"

"This is the second time you invited someone in my house without telling me"

"Nick it isn't like I invited some strangers"

All of them looked at me and than continued watching the TV

“Come on guys” I cried “She is our baby sister. Her name is Natasha but we can call her Tash”

Nick stood up looking upset and angry at the same time “I don’t believe we have another sister. My siblings are Bobbie Jean, Leslie, Angel and my brother Aaron. Those are my siblings” he said to himself out loud “This is just a game for mum to use us again”

“No” I disagreed “She’s our sister and I really understand what our parents did, they wanted to give her a better life”

“Oh really?” Leslie asked “Why her not us? I can’t understand why they gave her for adoption and took her away from us... why?” she almost yelled

Natasha

As I was waiting downstairs, my mobile begun to ring.

“Hello” I answered not looking to see who was it.

“Hey honey”

I smiled when I heard his voice. It was Kyle my boyfriend

“Hey” I almost cried “how are you baby?”

“I’m missing you, I didn’t see you yesterday and I’m guessing that I won’t see you for a while now”

“I don’t know. I wish I was with you I don’t like begin here” I told him truthfully

“Why?”

“I’m at my” I paused its seemed to weird to refer to Nick as my brother “I’m at Nick’s house. I came with Jane... and Bj wanted me to stay but I don’t think the others even want to see me Kyle”

“Is Bj your sister?”

“Umm Yeah”

I walked to the couch and sat down taking a deep breathe. “Maybe if I was 18 I would have moved in with you and all this wouldn’t have happened”

“Babe we can’t move together you know how my parents are. I know we have been together for almost a year now but I have my studies, we are both very young and I don’t see us moving together any time soon”

“Ok” I mumbled “I got to go”

“I love you” he told me. “I will call you later ok Tash?”

“OK” I answered him. I was feeling lonelier now that he wasn’t with me.

I was 16 and he was 18 when we went out together the first time and from that day on we stayed together but it seemed that the more days that passed the more we realized we were missing something in our life. having fun with other people

“What are you going to do today?” I asked him

He didn't talk and for a moment I thought he hung up.

“Are you still there Kyle?”

“Yeah…umm I’m going out with some friends. You don’t mind right?”

I shook my head lightly forgetting that he couldn't see me

“Tash”

“No Kyle go and have fun I got to go” I said and hung up qucikly.

When I turned around I saw them the 5 of them looking at me

“Oh hi” I said nervously

Nick was the first one that moved and walked to me not taking his eyes off me

“So you have a boyfriend?” he asked me laughing

I didn’t talk. What is happening to me...to my life? These people weren’t my family, there was no way I am going to fit in their life’s I thought!

“So” Bj said walking to me “This is your big brother Nick, that’s’ Leslie, Angel and Aaron they are twins” she told me smiling.

No body made a move or talked until Nick came in front on me and bent on his knees.

“Are you afraid of needles?” he asked me smiling

“Huh?” I asked confused

He stood up and opened his arms and laughed again “You know if you are indeed my sister you have been so lucky and I would feel sorry for you if the DNA test confirms that you are indeed a Carter like us”

“NICK” Bj yelled “Why would mum lie about something like this?”

Begin a fan of these people for a while I knew some of their past and it scared the shit out of me.
I stood up and grabbed my bag.

“Where are you going?” Bj asked again. Why she was the only one that was showing interest in this whole situation?

“He’s right I have been lucky enough, why would I want to live this life now? They didn’t care when they gave me for adoption but I should thank them. I had the best parents ever and I don’t want anyone to take their place. I don’t know what is like to be a sister and this isn’t just weird for you all it’s weird for me too. Yesterday I found out that the famous carter family is my real damn family”

I looked at Bj. Though it was only a short time since I met her I already felt a connection with her. “Thank you for trying to make this all better. I bet you are a real good sister” I smiled and turned around




“Wait” I heard Nick saying with a weak voice. "Just make this fucking DNA test and we'll see from there. You don't understand what we went threw with our parents"

"Do you think I will be part of this if it wasn't true?" I asked him.

"Just do it then" Aaron said. "I don't think we can move on with our lives if you don't do this. Maybe you aren't the girl mum gave birth to but what if the girl that mum gave birth to was you? How can we keep going on with our lives when we know that we have a sister that needs us?"

I shook my head. "I don't need you...I don't need anyone. I just have to wait till I turn 18 then everything will be better"

"What happens when you turn 18?" Angel asked me

I bitted my lips nervously what will happen? Why do I think that when I turn 18 things will be different?
"I don't know" I answered her with tears in my eyes. I was scared, very scared.

Why did I have to go threw all this at a very young age? Maybe so that way I could find my real crazy family that one day I might love them as a sister should love her siblings? I asked myself