- Text Size +
I groaned as I began to wake up. My whole body was aching all over. The bed I was laying on didn’t feel like my own. Then I remembered the previous night. I tried to sit up, but a wave of pain exploded over my body, causing me to collapse, and scream in utter pain. Suddenly, I felt a cool hand on my forehead, and Regina’s voice. “It’s okay Belinda, we’re here. Nick called us to come over.” She said, and I looked over to see her sitting next to me on the bed. Keith was sitting in an armchair in the corner, talking to a blond guy. “Nick Carter.” Regina said, catching my confused glance. I touched my arm, hissing when it made contact. I looked over at Nick, trying to piece together why he would bring me to his house. Nick turned around, and said, “You passed out halfway to my house, so I called my doctor, he’ll be here soon.” As if on cue the doorbell rang. Nick ran to get it, and came back with a man in a white lab coat. “Doctor Valivez.” The man said, shaking Regina’s hand. Regina nodded, and I groaned. “Ahh, yes, Miss-” “Cooper.” Regina said, holding my good hand. “My boyfriend and I were walking through the park when some guy jumped me and tried to hurt me. He broke my arm, and tried to hurt my ribs. I think he might have broken a couple.” The doctor nodded, and said, “If he broke you’re arm, you’re gonna have to go to the hospital.” I nodded, and the doctor said, “Have Nick take you guys, I will meet you there.” Nick nodded, and soon we were driving to Orlando General. I groaned in the backseat, holding my arm across my abdomen. Regina smiled at me, but I could see the fear in her eyes. I reached for her hand, and she smiled. We pulled into the parking lot, and Nick and Keith helped me inside, and over to where Nick’s doctor was waiting. He smiled at us, and led us to a private exam room.

Twenty minutes later, I was being admitted to the hospital. “Come on.” I moaned, sinking into my pillows. Nick laughed, and said, “Belinda you have three broken ribs, how would you have walked to your classes?” “Wheel chair.” I said hopefully, pouting. Regina shook her head, and said, “Sometimes I feel like I’m older.” I glared at her, and said, “Yeah well, at least I ain’t a mom.” I knew that was a low blow, but it was worth her face. She glared at me, and looked at Keith. He nodded, and she pressed the nurse call button. I glared at her before I said, “Ya know, I can fall asleep on my own.” A nurse walked in, and said, “Is there anything I can do.” “Yes, can my sister have something to drink?” Keith asked, smoothing back my hair. I nodded, and felt Nick’s eyes burn into my body. I looked over, to see him talking to the doctor. After the nurse left, Nick turned to me. “You okay with me staying here.” I nodded, and looked at Regina and Keith. “You guys can leave if you want.” They nodded, and left, leaving me staring at Nick. He smiled gently, and walked over to my bed, sitting on the edge. I tensed, but felt a relaxing hand on my good arm. I looked dejectedly down at the cast on my arm. Nick laughed, and said, “You’re only gonna be here for a little while.” I nodded, and felt my eyes grow heavy with sleep.