- Text Size +
I woke up later to complete silence. “Hello.” I whispered, feeling a cool breeze float through the house. I looked over to where Keith had been to see a note. It read:

Belinda, we all went out for ice cream, you looked so peaceful so we didn’t wake you up. See ya when we get home.
Love,
Keith
I smiled, and stood up, stretching my body leisurely. Then I heard a tap on my door. I walked over, and smiled when I saw Nick and Aaron. “Hey guys.” I said, opening the door fully. They smiled, but the smiles on their facers faded when they saw my tired face. “What’s wrong?” Nick said, noticing the wince I let slip when my side pulled. “My side hurts that’s all.” I muttered, growing more impatient by the moment. “Can we come in?” Nick asked, looking over my shoulder into the living room. I nodded, and went back onto the couch, cuddling up to Nick. Aaron went into the kitchen, and grabbed three Cokes. I took one from him, and began to drink it, enjoying the bubbles. Nick smiled at me, and then I heard the phone ring. “Hello.” I said, grabbing for it. “Hey hunny, I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight.” “Now, baby, but I don’t feel good.” “I said you’re coming, get ready.” “Yes baby.” I said to a dial tone, hanging up. “Dan.” Nick said, getting up. I nodded, heading up to my room. I heard Nick get up and leave, Aaron following, and slid down the wall. My mind raced as I changed, wondering where Dan was taking me. Then I heard his car pull up. I smiled, and walked outside, bracing the cool air. “Hey you.” I called, hopping into the passenger seat. Dan just nodded, and started to drive, driving way to fast for my taste. “Dan, slow down.” I cried, falling into the door as he sharply turned. He either didn’t hear me or didn’t listen, but whichever, the next turn caused him to go over the barrier. “DAN.” I screamed as we flipped over, into the ravine. I felt my head hit the roof, then blackness.