- Text Size +
Sabri sat in her new room, she was going stir crazy already, and wasn't sure what she was going to do with her life now that she was having to start all over.

~FlashBack~

"Alex, I can't believe your actually leaving. Aren't you scared?" 17yr old Sabri asked as she helped her cousin pack his stuff up for his life changing move.

"I'm excited. L.A. is calling me. I'm gonna be a star someday Bri, just wait, someday I'm gonna call you up and be all 'Girl, I'm buying you a Cadillac!'" Alex's face was beaming.

"I don't want a Cadillac. I want you to stay here. You can be a star here. Move to Orlando. it's only an hour away but you still have plenty of opportunities. I don't understand why you think the only way you can make it is in California." Sabri frowned.

"I'm not going to be gone forever. I promise we will keep in touch. You're my best friend Bri, I could never leave you behind. You know that. I'll be calling you every day, and you can come visit me." Alex gave her a hug.

~End Of Flashback~

"Mmhmm, well that was all a lie. Got maybe five phone calls in four years. Never had a visit to L.A. until now and God forbid you brought your ass back home to see any of us." Sabri tossed her pillow to the side, in frustration.

"I need to get out of here." She hopped off her bed and made her way down to the garage. The place was empty making it even more creepy than before, the silence was making Sabri feel empty. She tip toed through the big house as she made her way to the garage "This place is way to big for one person." she whispered before she stopped in mid step "Why the hell am I whispering? This place is just getting the best of me." Sabri laughed, before walking on not so quiet.

As she opened the door to the garage she got a chill, as she shook it off she felt the sides of the dark room looking for a switch, she found it on her right, she flipped it on. The light filled the four car garage that was filled with many different transportation. "Wow, my cuz is livin' large." she walked slowly as she looked at each fancy car as she let her finger glide across each shinny automobile. BMW's, Cadillac's, Porsche, Mercedes, and even a few motorcycles. Sabri glanced around the garage in hopes of some keys, and to her surprise she found them hanging on a board at the other end of the cold room.

"Hmm, enie, menie, minie, mo.. This will do." She grabbed a pair of keys and made her way to the silver two seater Z8 BMW Roadster. As she took a seat in the fancy car she smiled, the black leather seats being one of the most comfortable she's sat in, in her life. She placed the key into the ignition and turned the car on. Checking everything out, she turned on the stereo scanned the stations until she found music to her liking. Took the top down and hit the garage door opener. She waited for the door to be open before she eased out of the garage. A click of the button the door shut behind her. She smiled and pressed her foot all the way down on the gas pedal and let the wind blow through her hair. She didn't know where she was going but she didn't care at the time, just to be free felt good enough for her.

Sabri slowed the car down as she found she was lost, "Where the hell am I?" she looked at the dark neighborhood she was passing through, she started to raise the top as she clicked the top back on she locked her car doors, she started to feel she wasn't in the safest area. "Oh come on, there's got to be a way out of her." She bit her lower lip, brow creased in fear.

A man runs in front of her cousin's car and she slams on the breaks, her eyes grew wide as she stared into the eyes of a very frightened homeless man. "Help Me! Help ME!" he yelled. Before she could react another man appears, he was dark and frightening, his movements were fast almost to fast for the plain eye. The dark man swooped the homeless man off his feet and bent down over him. Sabri honked her horn loudly hoping the man will run, knowing he was being watched. Instead he stood up and stared at her, his eyes weren't like human eyes, glowing almost like a cat. He snarled, in return she screamed.

As the dark man went to break the car window he stopped, his face turned gentle. Sabri looked at him curious, still frightened yet not as much as a second ago. She watched him turn his head from left to right like a dog watching his master in question. "Sabri, open the door." his voice was deep, almost chilling.

She froze, scared and confused of how he knew who she was. "Who are you? What do you want from me?" she asked through the still intact window.

"Kevin, a friend of your cousins. Remember, from the other night?"

She scrunched up her face as she tried to remember, and then she relaxed somewhat "What are you doing here Kevin? What were you doing to that poor man?"

"That's something you don't need to know. Let me in, I'll take you home." he tapped the window for her to unlock the door.


She hesitated for a second, as she unlocked the door she swallowed a big lump in her throat, hoping she wasn't making the wrong move. She moved slowly to the passenger seat as he slowly took the spot of the driver. She watched him with frightened eyes. He looked over at her as he restarted the car. "Don't be frightened, I'm not going to harm you."

She didn't say anything, she also couldn't believe him. The ride home was the longest ride of her life, as she listened to her heart beat pound extremely fast. She couldn't look at him, the more she thought about him with that man earlier the more scared she got. She glanced over at him and found him with no emotion as he just drove her home like it was his robotic duty.

As he pulled into the drive, he parked the car in front of the door. He got out of the car, as she was getting out he was waiting for her at her side of the car. Sabri jumped "My God, has anyone told you you're a little creepy?"

He didn't break his emotionless features as he just stared into her, He turned and walked towards the door, "Are you coming?" He called without turning to see her still standing at the car.

Sabri began chewing on her bottom lip once again as she followed him into the house. As she stepped into the huge home she found her cousin.

"Where have you been?" his voice was stern in question.

"Just needed to take a drive, didn't think you'd mind." she shrugged it off.

"You didn't think. This city is not safe for you, when you leave this house you are to tell me where you go. Next time you want to take one of MY car's, you ask." His voice was frighteningly strict.

Her mouth dropped "Excuse me? Alex when did you become my father? You have no right to tell me when and where I can go, and I don't need a leash like some dog. What has happened to you Alexander McLean?" She snapped back, before running off up the stairs to her bedroom.

Alex whipped his head to Kevin "What did she see?"

"Nothing boss, just me roughing up some homeless man." Kevin answered.

"Did you feed?" Alex questioned.

"Not in front of her."

"You may go." Alex ordered.

****

He sat on the balcony of his fathers home, staring up at the full moon. "Why is the moon so beautiful when everything of the night is so harshly ugly?"

"Why do you always say the night is ugly?" his cousin asked.

"Brian, how can you be happy with what we are? With what are family has done through out the centuries? Do you want to be the next generation of what are fathers are now?"

"Nickolas, my prince, you will be king whether you want the title or not. And yes, I want to be in our fathers position. To be respected, honored and have the power to make changes. My dear cousin, I wish you wouldn't hate yourself so much." Brian frowned at the man who sat sadly in front of him. His blond straight hair shinning in the moon light, pale skin with a hint of pink out lining his cheek bones. Red lips set in frown.

"I sometimes wonder if I may have a soul, as if I was cursed the day I was born to pay for all my father has done before me." the young prince sighed still staring up at the moon.

"Sometimes you're to much cuz." Brian laughed.

"Maybe I am." Nick smirked, "Where shall we hang about this evening?"

"I wish I could cuz, but I've got sister duty tonight. I was told to come get you, your father would like to speak with you."

Nickolas stood up "Wonderful, I'd love to talk with him myself."

"Please don't push the Kings buttons tonight." Brian sighed, knowing his cousin to well.

"Why Brian, I would not do such a thing." Nick smirked as he passed his cousin as he entered his bed chamber, he glided through the apartment size room, as he departed the room Brian followed "I mean it Nick, both our fathers have a lot on their shoulders right now, he doesn't need.. I mean.."

"I know cuz, stop worrying so much." Nick went left as his cousin went right, not saying goodbye.

Nick walked down the long hall, before descending the long stair case, he took an immediate right as he made his last step off the stairs. As he opened the heavy tall french doors to his fathers lair he stood tall and entered. "You wanted me father?"

"Nickolas, I need you to go with me tonight. You need to learn your duties as a Prince who will soon be a King."

"Father."

"I don't care if you had plans nor do I care if you don't want to take your responsibility to this family. You'll be attending this meeting with me tonight." his father turned to look at his son, who no longer stood shorter than him, now a tall man like himself standing six foot.

"Father you know I don't mean to disrespect you. But, I can't be king of a world I don't agree with. I don't wish to continue in your foot steps I'm sorry father. I respect and love you, but I can not do this."

"You have no choice. You are my eldest son, you will be king some day. You will learn of your duties and be proud and honorable."

"Honorable? How can anyone be honored when they kill their own kind, kill innocent mortals and use their power and money against other night walkers? I can not respect your duties father."

"How dare you speak to me that way!" Roberto roared.

"I do not mean to disrespect you father, but, I can't change who I am. Nor can you." Nickolas walked out on his father in to the night he hated so much.

*****

Alex sat on the red velvet couch that was placed in the middle of the room facing the fireplace. He sat alone, staring off into the fire "I will keep you safe." he spoke out loud to himself.

"Of what?"

Alex turned startled to find Sabri was standing in the entry, he didn't sense her or hear her foot steps. "What are you doing up? I thought you have turned in."

"Never go to bed angry, remember?" she walked into the room and took a seat next to her cousin.

He nodded in remembrance "Why did you run off tonight?" he asked.

"Because I needed out of this house. Why haven't you talked to me since the night I came here? You sleep all day, you're out all night, but you never tell me where you go, or even ask if I'd like to go. So when you had the nerve to question me tonight, I'm not going to lie I was pissed. What's happened to you?"

He looked away from her and stared back at the roaring fire not answering her at first, she turned to look at the fire figuring he wasn't going to answer her questions. "The Alex you knew has died. He will never return, and I can't answer all your questions, nor even know if I am willing to answer the ones I can." his voice was soft.

She turned to look at him just staring at the man she once knew, wanting to cry at the man he has become. She sighed as a tear dropped "I hope some day you choose to answer."

The two cousin's sat in silence, both with plenty running through their minds, neither planning to speak any more that evening, but both needing to be in each others presence.