- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just wanted to make a quick note to the readers. Thank you for reading. And thank you to those who have left such kind reviews. I appreciate you reading and letting me know you enjoy Prince Of Darkness. *hugs* :)
He watched her glide across the room towards him, staring into him showing lust in her eyes, making him starved for her. She reaches out for him with a smirk, her hand lightly touches his as he reached for her. He pulled her to him and collapsed his mouth onto hers. Both full of fire their mouths move as if there was no time to savor. Her moans made him feel the beast become stronger, her heartbeat was racing, the heat of her blood flowing through her veins was calling him. He ripped away from her mouth and growled, she looked up at him startled. Seeing no longer the young gorgeous blond she longed for, a monster that frightened her stood before her, holding her tightly in his grasp. She screamed at the sight. "LET GO OF ME!!" His grasp got stronger as he showed his fangs, he spoke no words. He just moved with a quickness she could have never been ready for. His mouth crashed against her neck. Her cries become silent as his fangs tore into her skin, puncturing her veins letting her blood flow into his mouth. As he drained her, the intense sound of her heart beat became more and more quiet, she let her heavy eyes close, taking all she had left she tried to push him away as she spoke "You're a monster."

Nick flew up out of his bed dripping of sweat, he couldn't stop his chest moving quickly up and down. He couldn't stop feeling terrified from the nightmare. He did all he could to calm himself. "Monster," he spoke to himself "That's what I am, I can never have her, she could never see me more than a monster." he told himself as he moved from his bed to his bathroom. Turning the faucet on he placed his hands under the cold water letting it be caught within his hands. He splashed the puddle of water against his face as if it would wash all his thoughts away. He hung his head while holding himself up with each hand placed on the sides of the sink. He closed his eyes, and a flash of her face appeared again.

"I've got to get her out of my mind." Nick swiftly moved through his room, throwing on his coat and out the bedroom door.

As he took his last step from the long stair case, he was stopped "You going on a journey this night?"

"No Journey tonight, just clearing my mind. Go off and follow our father and leave me be." Nick shooed his brother as he left the house.

"Leave you be? I can not abide that tonight my brother." Aaron grabbed his coat and followed, not to close, he didn't want Nick to sense him.

****

Sabri stared up at the canopy that hung over her bed, she has barely slept, and can't stop thinking of all Alex told her just hours ago. "I can't go back to Florida, there's nothing there for me, I have no one. I don't even have Alex anymore."

Sabri wiped a tear and crawled out of bed, she knew there wasn't going to be much sleep for her with all the thoughts that weighed her mind. She put on a sweater and her favorite Nike's before leaving her room. She hoped that Alex would be gone, knowing he wouldn't be asleep made it harder for her to get out. She didn't want to see him, or deal with anyone or thing that was connected to him. She just needed to clear her mind. She slowly and quietly made it down the stairs, she held her breath hoping he couldn't sense her if he was near. When she peeked into the den she saw he wasn't there. She sighed of relief and opened the front door.

She didn't mind the brisk air or the darkness the late evening brought, she just wanted out of the house. She walked away, not thinking of where to go or where she could end up, all that mattered is she was away from Alex.

****

He sat in his dark office brooding over the evening events, nothing was going right for him. "She will have to understand. I can't just allow her back in my life, it's not safe for her. It's not safe for anyone." Alex's brow creased even more when he heard his office door open "Leave, I don't want company." his voice was stern and full of anger.

"I don't understand what keeps you tied to her." Kevin stood in front of the desk, Alex facing the window not giving Kevin a glance.

"She's all the family I have." Alex answered.

"I don't mean to get out of line, but, she hasn't been your family since Natasha turned you. You don't belong in her life anymore. It's that simple." Kevin like always showing no emotion.

"It's not that simple." Alex left it at that. No longer speaking to Kevin.

"Uh, Boss? Are we going to keep things as planed for tomorrow night or shall I cancel?"

Alex didn't answer, Kevin was pretty sure he heard him, but wasn't getting a response. "So be it, I'll leave you alone." and Kevin did just that.

"Simple? It should be so simple, but it's not. I have no heart, I have no soul, yet I feel. It's more of a burden now than it ever was when I was mortal. How can it be? Have I been punished somehow? Have I been given a connection to her for a reason? I can't deal with this now, I have to command my clan, be strong and do what I must." his thoughts stopped for a moment until he remembered what Kevin said "Tomorrow. Are we ready for tomorrow? The Mclean Clan has been preparing for this yet I still feel we are not ready."

****

Nick drove for miles, his mind was finally clearing all thoughts of Sabri until he saw her again. He drove past a girl who looked just like her "Wait, was that really her or am I hallucinating now?" Nick slammed on his breaks and looked in the review mirror. He watched a feminine figure walking away. He wasn't quite sure if it was her but needed to know either way. He put his car in reverse and pulled up beside her "Hey, you need a ride?"

Sabri looked over with attitude "Do I have the word 'stupid' written across my forehead? I'm not getting in a car with.." She stopped, she got a good look at the man and realized he wasn't completely a stranger.

"Remember me?" He smiled.

"What are you doing here? If I didn't know better, I'd think you’re following me." she flirted.

"Can't say that I've been following you. But, it is interesting how we keep running into one another. Come on, I'll give you a ride, it's freezing out tonight." He reached over and opened the passenger door.

Sabri hesitated for a moment, but realized she was cold and it was getting a little creepy out on that lonely road. Sabri got in and shut the door "Thanks."

"Don't mention it. So, Where shall I take you?" he tilted his head and gave an innocent smile.

"Um, I." She paused to think "Honestly, I wasn't going anywhere. I just was in need of a walk."

"Alright. So then where exactly would you like me to go?" He chuckled.

"How about just driving and once I figure out what I want, I'll let you know." she raised an eyebrow.

"That's what I was basically doing anyway." He shifted into drive and was back on his way to nowhere.

"Just driving tonight? You must have things on your mind." Sabri started small talk.

"Yes, things have been on my mind. How about you? A young innocent girl like yourself just strolling a deserted highway in the middle of the night must have something going on in her mind."

She sighed "Yea."

"Care to share?" he glanced at her before looking back at the road.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you. And I'd rather not talk about it anyway. I'm trying to clear my mind of all that is bothering me. So how about a change of subject?"

"Topic is all yours." he smirked.

"Okay, um, how about you tell me why my cousin hates you so much."

He wasn't expecting that question. He looked over at her finding she was staring at him. He looked back at the road and sighed "Probably shouldn't get into that."

"Well if we keep going this way, we'll never find a conversation to stick with." She gave a little chuckle.

"Your cousin and his," he paused to think of a good way to phrase his words "employee's have had differences with my family and my father's business."

"So basically just a lot of egos and money?"

"More or less." Nick answered hoping the subject would change. He wasn't sure if she knew what he was, and was even having doubts she knew what her cousin was.

"I'm not much for the whole political thing. But, y’all must really have done something to tick off my cousin so much. Or you have something he wants. Either way it sucks to be on the end of being an enemy of any Mclean." Sabri laughed shortly until she realized Nick wasn't finding anything amusing.

There was silence for minutes before Sabri had to break it "Sorry if I hit a nerve. How about change of subject once again? What do you do around here in L.A.?"

"Not much, I like going to the beach and watching the moon shine across the ocean. It brings peace on many dreadful nights."

"Never did the beach at night thing."

"You should, it's better in the evening. Want to go?" He looked at her in question.

"Now?" She laughed.

"Now."

"Uh, okay, I guess it's better than driving." she shrugged.

Nick turned off at an exit and headed back the other direction, taking her to his favorite location. For a moment Nick was finally feeling normal. She brought him a gentle calmness and he doesn't want to let that go. The small talk continued, more of Sabri asking questions and Nick being as vague as possible.

They arrived at the beach he has spent many nights at. No one around, very little light from the Moon that hung over them, and the sounds of the ocean. Nick closed his eyes as he allowed the cold air hit his face. He always wished he could breath in the air that dances against his skin.

Sabri looked over at him and smiled with thoughts in her head, "He's so beautiful. He becomes more and more sexy as the minutes pass. I can't believe he wants to hang out with me. A man like him must know how much he drive women crazy? The whole mysterious, brooding, sexy vibe he holds. Okay Sabri, girl get a hold of yourself."

"Come on." Nick took her hand and guided her down to the sand.

"I thought I was cold, his hands are ice." She thought.

Nick stopped two feet from the water. He stared out looking at the deep darkness across the sea. A wave of light gliding across the darkness, the moon brought beauty to his eyes. Sabri found herself looking more at him than at the ocean, she didn't want him to know she was so entranced. She kept her head straight forward taking moments to capture his face in the moonlight out of the corner of her eye.



"Who is she? Is this what keeps him from the family so many nights?" Aaron spied from the parked car. "Why must she be such a secret?"